Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v WBA Under 21 - pre- and post-match  (Read 22276 times)
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:24:36 »

Have to agree.
Me too.
I’m just going to start a new Rochdale match thread, so does it make sense for this discussion to continue there?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:29:05 »

Me too.
I’m just going to start a new Rochdale match thread, so does it make sense for this discussion to continue there?

Just a tip that matchday thread starters are judged on their results, and you're not off to a flying start. Just so you know, with great power comes great responsibility.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:32:36 »

Just a tip that matchday thread starters are judged on their results, and you're not off to a flying start. Just so you know, with great power comes great responsibility.
Thanks for that.  I’ll have forgotten your encouraging comments by the time we get automatic promotion. Grin
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:33:17 »

Unfortunately with Iandolo he’s gone backwards as a defender. He was scared to tackle or risk being on the receiving end of a tackle prior to his injury now he barely dares go in at all as he’s obviously very wary after a bad injury so not sure he’s much use at left back currently.

Unfortunately Iandolo lacks a football brain and will never progress any further.
At best a squad player and out of depth at this level.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #349 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 11:35:36 »

Unfortunately Iandolo lacks a football brain and will never progress any further.
At best a squad player and out of depth at this level.
Absolutely, shame as he has showed promise in the past but never realised that promise.

Squad left sided utility player, nothing more.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:22:10 »

Kovar is going to be immense,FACT!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #351 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:24:56 »

Kovar is going to be immense,FACT!
I would love that in 6 months time we will all be saying "well hes better than Benda was" and that is entirely possible.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:28:52 »

I would love that in 6 months time we will all be saying "well hes better than Benda was" and that is entirely possible.
Clap
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:30:26 »

If we find ourselves in a position where we are considering Curran playing in a game, I'd pop Fryer in goal and move Kovar to central defence.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 12:38:57 »

He wouldn’t be at Manchester United and still be at Manchester United if he was shit.
That should be a decent enough reference. I know a few who actually go and watch them and they were amazed he didn’t go on loan to a Championship club.

I remember Colin Heath on loan. He was from Manchester United and he was terrible.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 13:10:57 »

Is it actually necessary to go on like this about the lad? He is 20. He was clearly brought in last year as a development player. He has played two inconsequential games this summer. He is obviously not ready for League 1. But he must have some potential to have got the new contract. Can we not just leave it there. Perhaps not everyone understands the damage we can do by targeting players like this.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 13:49:32 »

Is it actually necessary to go on like this about the lad? He is 20. He was clearly brought in last year as a development player. He has played two inconsequential games this summer. He is obviously not ready for League 1. But he must have some potential to have got the new contract. Can we not just leave it there. Perhaps not everyone understands the damage we can do by targeting players like this.
Eek
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Thursday, September 10, 2020, 15:18:04 »

You're right. It's bloodsport for the poor and sedentary. I've removed the comment.

Does the amnesty on bullying stop on retirement? Cos that David Peach...

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: