Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow renewal subscription  (Read 10207 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:36:32 »

Fingers crossed its still a fiver for fans “abroad”.

I'll let you know when the season kicks off Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:36:39 »

Seconded. Charlton match price unavailable right now.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:39:23 by Batch » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 10:56:59 »

Its going to be interesting for sure, I imagine for some clubs it will bring in additional revenue from distant fans, which has to be offset against which locals would give up their ST's if everything is streamed?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:14:08 »

What's not 100% clear is whether the EFL are charging clubs to provide games for season ticket holders. Or whether they are waving the fee.

You'd assume the latter, but its the EFL.

It's the BIB:

I think that bit about "subject to the agreement of the clubs" etc might refer to a small number of clubs which don't currently allow iFollow - I think Brentford, West Brom were among them.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:47:15 »

Being a bit of a prick about this, and not saying you do, but fans who do this then moan that Power 'won't put his hand in his pocket' have a bit of neck!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:54:21 »

I think that bit about "subject to the agreement of the clubs" etc might refer to a small number of clubs which don't currently allow iFollow - I think Brentford, West Brom were among them.

Maybe.

The reason for asking was I currently have a family ST, 1xAdult and 2xU18. That works out about £20 a game.

I wouldn't like to think the EFL are still charging the club net £4.17 each for the ifollow privilidge.

It'll make sense of any descisions the club make if we don't end up with 3.

Since its all speculation it just musings really.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:56:17 »

Being a bit of a prick about this, and not saying you do, but fans who do this then moan that Power 'won't put his hand in his pocket' have a bit of neck!

In many cases its extra revenue rather than denying revenue. Already got a season ticket. Go abroad for away games and any I can't make.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 11:59:18 »

In many cases its extra revenue rather than denying revenue. Already got a season ticket. Go abroad for away games and any I can't make.

Oh I know, it wasn't aimed in any particular direction its just a bug bear of mine with the Power put your hand in your pocket bunch generally quickly followed up by tickets going up 5% I'm not fucking paying that!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 12:13:11 »

Are you suggesting clubs may force season ticket sales through ifllow exclusivity.  That would be scandalous, and also wouldn't work as away fans are able to buy £10 passes. Easy to create 23 accounts with a single long gmail address and save a whack Smiley
No, I'm suggesting they might want to not offer free iFollow passes to ST holders, to cream off extra revenue.
Geoff the Ref

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 12:16:46 »

I think you guys need to sharpen up your maths.  The club is getting 70% of the NET REVENUE (sorry about the caps!).  The net revenue is the income minus costs - and we have no idea what costs will be deducted by SKY, the EFL and others involved in providing these streams.  My bet is that the poor little clubs like ours will not actually be making much.  However, it’s still going to be better than nothing, and the aim should be to get as big a virtual attendance as possible for every home game (I assume we get fuck all from streamed away games, although that’s not clear).
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 12:28:57 »

Quote from: reeves4england
No, I'm suggesting they might want to not offer free iFollow passes to ST holders, to cream off extra revenue.

I think they'd get a lot of a backlash and demands of Pro rata refunds!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 12:30:56 »

Quote from: Geoff the Ref
I think you guys need to sharpen up your maths.  The club is getting 70% of the NET REVENUE (sorry about the caps!).  The net revenue is the income minus costs - and we have no idea what costs will be deducted by SKY, the EFL and others involved in providing these streams.  My bet is that the poor little clubs like ours will not actually be making much.  However, it’s still going to be better than nothing, and the aim should be to get as big a virtual attendance as possible for every home game (I assume we get fuck all from streamed away games, although that’s not clear).

it could just mean sans VAT, as already calculated. other costs are fixed, rather than per ticket
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 12:56:31 »

Who actually does the filming, is it the club or do iFollow provide the staff equipment etc. I finally watched the Coventry friendly the other night and the filming of that was obviously very Coventry orientated.
Panda Paws

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 13:05:54 »

Who actually does the filming, is it the club or do iFollow provide the staff equipment etc. I finally watched the Coventry friendly the other night and the filming of that was obviously very Coventry orientated.

Football League.

And I get the whole thing about people being tight and then expecting Power to spend.

Personally I don't expect any one person to spend their personal money on a football club. I also expect fans to watch the games for as cheap as possible. I don't get to many home games so the club are making £5 a game rather than losing. At £10, I'm picking and choosing.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, August 26, 2020, 13:07:02 »

I assumed it was centrally organised by ifollow (EFL) but don't know.

The Coventry on was a sports channel. I thought I read they were sponsoring or rumoured to be sponsoring Coventry. Hence the game on TV I suppose.

We get BBC Radio Wilts on out iFollow, as you probably know.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: