Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5th Test  (Read 16350 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 18:54:16 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Yeah England are one of the best football teams in the world, the fifa rankings confirm it and aside from maybe Brazil who have their weaknesses no teams can really claim to have a better squad.

Look at the reaction to the first test on here http://thetownend.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4700&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60, everyone was moaning about how shit England's cricket team were but we ended up beating the best team in the world.Cheesy

The football team are capable of doing the same.

Capable yes I agree, wish we would start playing like superstars on the pitch! Aren't the USA in the top 10 of the Fifa rankings? I wouldn't say they are one of the best teams in the world.  :roll:

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 20:10:52 »

Yeah the rankings have their problems. I think that's because the way they do it, winning a qualification group in the American section is nearly as good as winning one in Europe 'cos they only compare the top 5 teams in each continent which is stupid really as Europe has far more strength in depth. USA aren't a bad team though.

England are certainly deserving of their top 10 place, probably should be higher really. Call them a bunch of prima donnas if you like but I'd love us to win the world cup
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 20:12:54 »

well i got home from work to see the ending, had a meeting 3 till 4....so missed the best parts

Cracking innings from KP and of course Giles deserves a mention....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 20:15:13 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Yeah the rankings have their problems. I think that's because the way they do it, winning a qualification group in the American section is nearly as good as winning one in Europe 'cos they only compare the top 5 teams in each continent which is stupid really as Europe has far more strength in depth. USA aren't a bad team though.

England are certainly deserving of their top 10 place, probably should be higher really. Call them a bunch of prima donnas if you like but I'd love us to win the world cup

You and me both!  Beers

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 20:18:18 »

just to say, if it hasn't been said! i think ashley giles deserves alot of credit to for his 50 to help us put the score beyond the aussies!
spacey

« Reply #185 on: Monday, September 12, 2005, 20:26:32 »

Quote from: "DV85"
well i got home from work to see the ending, had a meeting 3 till 4

La di da, aren't you the high flying young go getter.

Lets do lunch.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: