Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EFL Play-Offs  (Read 92348 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 21:27:36 »

Thanks China and PV,  managed to get on to it,  boring 90 minutes but final 15 minutes of extra time made up for it.  Wouldn't  expect either side to survive in the premiership on tonight's performance,  but stranger things have happened ........

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 23:07:35 »

Thanks China and PV,  managed to get on to it,  boring 90 minutes but final 15 minutes of extra time made up for it.  Wouldn't  expect either side to survive in the premiership on tonight's performance,  but stranger things have happened ........

Thought Fulham played some good link up and possession stuff at times. Not saying they'll rip up trees but I've seen worse teams in the Prem. One of them finished 3rd bottom  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 23:48:45 »

https://twitter.com/JohnnyWalker059/status/1290753912673316864?s=19

VAR will be licking its lips next season. Mitrovic is a nutter.

Incidentally that was before the Bryan free kick that went in was taken. Not only did Fulham still get the free kick they sent themselves on the way to the Premier League by scoring it!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 23:51:30 by Super Hans » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 00:03:30 »

https://twitter.com/JohnnyWalker059/status/1290753912673316864?s=19

VAR will be licking its lips next season. Mitrovic is a nutter.

Incidentally that was before the Bryan free kick that went in was taken. Not only did Fulham still get the free kick they sent themselves on the way to the Premier League by scoring it!

Unless VAR conveniently fails at a key moment Wink

Good old Bodyslam Betty, Mid-throat Chakra Mitrovic. The boy doesn't mess about does he  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #634 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 08:28:42 »

Not a problem, I watched about an hour of it and thought Fulham looked the most likely to score and created far better chances than Brentford.

Personally I don't see much special in Brentfords football at all, too many short pointless passes and nothing much in the danger areas at all, their defence and goalkeeper all looked pretty shakey too.

Not a great game but a million miles from the dross served up in the L1 play off, poles apart in class and quality all over the pitch.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:00:13 »

Not only VAR licking its lips - for purely partisan reasons I'm praying Ollie Watkins is moved on quickly for a bumper fee as a result of a Leeds v Palace bidding war.

Rumoured 20% sell on should help see us through the CV19 aftermath to fight another day !
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #636 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:08:50 »

Not only VAR licking its lips - for purely partisan reasons I'm praying Ollie Watkins is moved on quickly for a bumper fee as a result of a Leeds v Palace bidding war.

Rumoured 20% sell on should help see us through the CV19 aftermath to fight another day !
Similar to us with Bogle at Derby who is said to be the target of a £10m+ tranfer bid with us (or whoever has ownership Club/Power/Standing/Barry/Clem) getting 20%.

Must admit I wasn't very impressed with Watkins on that showing in the play offs but he has to be judged on a whole season and has had a cracking season on paper although I have only seen him in the play offs so am in no position to judge.

Hopefully he will get the move and you guys get some much needed financial help, 20% of the figure touted as £30m would be a huge windfall for you guys.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 09:58:08 »

This left me confused. Was trying to work out why we'd get a sell on for Ollie Watkins...then it clicked  Doh
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 10:27:39 »

Buy out clause of £18m activated as they didnt go up
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 10:47:57 »

Buy out clause of £18m activated as they didnt go up

Yep..ah well, any 'bidding war' should prove lucrative for Watkins (and agent) instead.  Cheesy Still, shan't be sniffing at a circa £3.25 million cut, should he go.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53662774
Banker

On The Bank

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Wednesday, August 5, 2020, 10:51:02 »

This left me confused. Was trying to work out why we'd get a sell on for Ollie Watkins...then it clicked  Doh

Grin

Sorry about that. I'm a Swindon red.... only a different variety !
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: