Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Court cases  (Read 154165 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #675 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 15:34:16 »

... or just sell enough for somebody else to become the controlling shareholder. He strikes me as the type to want to keep his fingers in as many pies as possible.

He'll still have the training ground, I imagine talk of peppercorns will rapidly vanish if he disposes of the club!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #676 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 15:36:04 »

Maybe any new owner won’t want it if the rent is too high.

Also, what happens to the purchase of the CG?
Flashheart

« Reply #677 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 15:38:23 »

Add to that the current uncertainty in the business (despite what Johnson may or may not be saying) its quite an investment for an asset poor football club not really going anywhere,

The 'not going anywhere' part might be appealing to some if they think they can change that.
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #678 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 15:45:39 »

WHat was the American offer that Power wanted to accepted, was it £7.5m, on that basis he will be looking for £6.4mish for his share, not seen any evidence that Clem has that sort of cash to throw around and whilst Barry/Standing might have they have never seemed that interested bar getting their money back rather than putting more in.

Add to that the current uncertainty in the business (despite what Johnson may or may not be saying) its quite an investment for an asset poor football club not really going anywhere, OK there is the ground but that means adding in another £1m+ for possible development potential, and there is not a huge amount of land with the ground for development.

Can't believe the club's value is anywhere near that figure (no wonder LP wanted it) - reckon the club's value is £0 and more a case of taking on the debt and running costs.  Predict it will be Clem +1.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #679 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:04:47 »

Maybe any new owner won’t want it if the rent is too high.

Also, what happens to the purchase of the CG?

That would suit Power down to the ground if the Council don't tie his consent up in knots.

As for CG will be back to stage 1 unless new owner is also happy to work with the Trust.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #680 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:05:31 »

Predict it will be Clem +1.

+1 being Standing or Barry?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #681 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:40:26 »

That would suit Power down to the ground if the Council don't tie his consent up in knots.

As for CG will be back to stage 1 unless new owner is also happy to work with the Trust.
I noticed in the Adver that permission has been granted for 90 houses on the ex golf course in Blunsdon.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #682 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 16:48:12 »

Can't believe the club's value is anywhere near that figure (no wonder LP wanted it) - reckon the club's value is £0 and more a case of taking on the debt and running costs.  Predict it will be Clem +1.

If a deal can be struck between the two parties (one already settled) this would become the majority shareholder by some distance.
Lost cause if it goes to Court and I am with you.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #683 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:21:46 »

I noticed in the Adver that permission has been granted for 90 houses on the ex golf course in Blunsdon.

Different golf course to Power's.
Flashheart

« Reply #684 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:25:44 »

Oh, Audrey!

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #685 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:38:27 »

Different golf course to Power's.
Blimey, I know that! Just saying that there’s a precedent. And the permission wasn’t granted locally, either.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #686 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 17:39:21 »

Blimey, I know that! Just saying that there’s a precedent. And the permission wasn’t granted locally, either.

Good recovery bro 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
REDBUCK

« Reply #687 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 18:02:47 »

Pure speculation of course but any ideas who new owners would be? Does Clem want to be owner? Does Standing? Does Barry?

If the club is sold this month, what does that mean for the Standing/Barry claim?

Any news on a new manager, what's the shortest ever reign for Swindon.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #688 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 18:05:52 »

Any news on a new manager, what's the shortest ever reign for Swindon.

Ling, ignoring caretaker types. 56 days. Sheridan passes him on 7th January.

Edit: Actually I think Paul Hart was 56 days too. Someone other than me (paging Reg) can work out who lasted longer down to the hour...
« Last Edit: Monday, November 23, 2020, 18:07:52 by Nemo » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #689 on: Monday, November 23, 2020, 18:17:01 »

Lee Power going from vehemently defending his corner earlier in early 2020 to the retreat that we're seeing with Morfuni seemingly getting his 15% is as clear a sign that Power will sell up ASAP as we've ever seen and I'll be surprised if Power vs. Standing goes the distance too (both in my opinion).

We can only hope that the new owners will go through more thorough checks thi...
[Unable to finish sentence without laughing uncontrollably]

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: