Pages: 1 ... 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1188442 times)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #8790 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:22:17 »

Their ratings are starting to slip. Expect Boris to be thrown under the bus any time now, get replaced and then back to normal service CON +4.

Depressing.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #8791 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:26:39 »

And vote for them
I will not be voting for them and never will but what is the alternative at the moment No We are fucked
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8792 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:28:40 »

I will not be voting for them and never will but what is the alternative at the moment No We are fucked

I see a lot of this and don't really get it - as much as Starmer is a pretty uninspiring guy without much in the way of political sparkle, he's a serious person who'll do his best and not take the piss at every turn like the current incumbent.

I'd have a lot of sympathy for "he's not that different to May" but he's clearly different to Johnson.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8793 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:37:42 »

I'm sure the spokeswoman will be thrown to the wolves, but she doesn't act like that if her bosses aren't acting the same way off camera.

Just a phenomenal degree of arrogance.

She is already not the spokeswoman, she was appointed in October 2020, the briefings never happened and then she was shunted off to a similar role on  the COP26 thingy, albeit she seems to have been very silent on that as well.

Seems to be something of a nothing job albeit paying c.£100k a year, I am sure that the fact that she is married to James Forsyth, Political Editor of The Spectator with Rishi Sunak being best man at their wedding, and they and Sunak are godparents to each other's children is of course entirely coincidental.

FWIW she comes accross as being pissed in that clip anyway.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8794 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:43:36 »

It's time for change

You may not be able to get behind labour. I'm pretty undecided on that myself.

But if Johnson or those succeeding him carry on getting into power, nothing will change. they'll have their mandate.

unfortunately it does seem Labour or Tory are the only choices that can obtain office.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #8795 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:48:17 »

Restrictions to be tightened just in time for us to miss playing Man City
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #8796 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:58:32 »

I see a lot of this and don't really get it - as much as Starmer is a pretty uninspiring guy without much in the way of political sparkle, he's a serious person who'll do his best and not take the piss at every turn like the current incumbent.

I'd have a lot of sympathy for "he's not that different to May" but he's clearly different to Johnson.
Unfortunately if you are seeing it alot that speaks volumes. He is a serious guy but if Boris resigned today he will not be in Power will he, it's not Starmer i am talking about it's who will replace Boris if he did walk today for example
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8797 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 09:59:23 »

Quote from: JoeMezz
Restrictions to be tightened just in time for us to miss playing Man City

don't .. even...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8798 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:05:55 »

We all know that the the last election was about Brexit, not a great deal more.  Not saying that the other lot would have got in without it, but it pretty much sealed the election before it even started.  If you wanted Brexit then you had to vote tories, even if you didn't agree with their policies..

Dominic Cummings might be a dick, but he is not a stupid dick..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8799 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:12:25 »

The state of politics in the country now.  How anybody can put their hand on their heart and vote for anyone of them.
Sure, there are individual backbenchers on all sides that do a fine job for their constituents but the clowns supposedly in charge . . .

How will it ever change? The leading Tories will always come up from the same sort of backgrounds with the same allegiances and ditto Labour.

The quality of individual politicians is dreadful overall.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8800 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:15:07 »

It's time for change

It is, clearly.  But how?

A point probably better for the Politics thread, so apols for taking briefly off topic.  What we are witnessing now is a direct consequence of the disastrous First Past the Post (FPTP) electoral system - used by the Westminster parliament and almost nowhere else.  It’s a system that awarded a landslide 80 seat majority - and with it, a licence to do as they pleased with few checks or balances - to a political party captured by populists that won just 43.6% of the popular vote.

The power that the Johnson government has been able to exercise over the last 2 years is completely disproportionate to their support in the country.  Everyone knows that Johnson believes the rules should not apply to him.  This is a catastrofuck that’s been on the cards from Day 1.

Dispense with FPTP, or this will happen again.  And again.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8801 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:28:39 »

Current rumour going round is that we're going to get tougher COVID restrictions imminently as a distraction. Can't see that going down well...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #8802 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:29:34 »

What restrictions

So, give no fucks
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #8803 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:37:04 »

Current rumour going round is that we're going to get tougher COVID restrictions imminently as a distraction. Can't see that going down well...

Johnson's government has lost all authority to enforce COVID restrictions.  Pointless.  Any future restrictions will have to be advisory only.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #8804 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2021, 10:53:13 »

Is there a chance they'll put restrictions in place for footy? Want to get a half season ticket but will be cheesed off if they stop us going.
Pages: 1 ... 584 585 586 [587] 588 589 590 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: