Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 629   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1195792 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5070 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 10:15:59 »

Hmmmm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-coronavirus-vaccine-uk-brexit-covid-19-a9608856.html
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5071 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 15:55:33 »

The money off eating out thing is purely just another poorly disguised attempt to encourage the governments (DC's) strategy of trying to go with herd immunity (and yes I'm aware it doesn't work without a vaccine).

And hey, soon Nando's will be able to serve up chlorinated versions of their supplied product so maybe they are hoping the public won't notice either of these shitty attempts to get us to eat the preferred type of chicken, from our "closest ally" and impose their strategy too.

I'm hearing the car park machines at hospitals will now be implemented with audible clapping noises, upon payment and receipt of your ticket.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 14, 2020, 20:51:43 by bamboonoshop » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #5072 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 19:32:29 »

I honestly don't think the UK need worry about Chlorinated Chicken - all meat products are way more expensive over here, can't see them under cutting UK producers if that is the case.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5073 on: Thursday, July 9, 2020, 20:25:56 »

I honestly don't think the UK need worry about Chlorinated Chicken - all meat products are way more expensive over here, can't see them under cutting UK producers if that is the case.

Famous last words. Can certainly see all the franchise type chains doing it. Especially McDs, Nando's and suchlike. Until they face a backlash. Wouldn't surprise me if the UK Gov forced their hands on the matter anyway. Would also not be surprised if it is already going into the supply chain.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5074 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 09:01:22 »

US trade negotiators are very good at ensuring any "anti-competitive practices" which harm US producers (such as producing better quality at a lower price) are specifically banned in trade deals. And we are not in a strong position in these negotiations, the govt is desperate to strike any kind of deal and they know it. So this won't be a bar to the ongoing march of US pseudo-food - the UK can look forward to more expensive meat at much lower quality. Good time to go veggie Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5075 on: Friday, July 10, 2020, 09:21:00 »

Everything is going up over here in December anyway.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/10/no-deal-brexit-will-raise-cost-of-uk-household-staples-say-retailers
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5076 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:27:19 »

This is just peculiar...

Last 4 days deaths
England     147.    48.    82.    121
Wales           1.      0.       2.       4
N Ireland      0.      0.       0.       0
Scotland       0.      0.       0.       1

I know that the populations are varied, but even if you do it on that level it breaks down as;

England 7.24 deaths per million

The Rest 0.73 deaths per million
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #5077 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:29:30 »

There’s been 20-30 hospital deaths per day in England for a good few weeks now, I don’t know what numbers your using

Things get better but they never get good
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5078 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:46:19 »

There’s been 20-30 hospital deaths per day in England for a good few weeks now, I don’t know what numbers your using

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-07-11/britain-coronavirus-death-toll-statistics
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5079 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:47:33 »

Those are the govt figures

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Scroll to the graph at the bottom
Friday 48, Saturday 147, Sunday 21 (horlock missed out Sunday, but the other figures are as per UK govt for the preceding 4 days)
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5080 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:51:21 »

Those are the govt figures

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Scroll to the graph at the bottom
Friday 48, Saturday 147, Sunday 21 (horlock missed out Sunday, but the other figures are as per UK govt for the preceding 4 days)

Admit it could be a reporting lag, but don't these usually roll up on Mondays?
Panda Paws

« Reply #5081 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:55:01 »

It must be coming down to the way deaths are recorded. I saw something mentioned somewhere that England count "suspected COVID" even without a positive test?

Also I don't know how true it is and don't recall where I read it, but it's been mentioned there's something in the fact that NHS trusts are "compensated" for deaths in England differently, and COVID deaths mean they can reclaim more costs or something? I'm sure someone more clued up than me can disprove that though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5082 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 09:55:48 »

Admit it could be a reporting lag, but don't these usually roll up on Mondays?
There are a couple of days now showing as higher than the figures you had if that's what you mean (e.g Thursday now shows as 85, you had 82). Bottom line is over 600 people lost their lives to COVID last week, and we seem to be flattening out around that rate.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #5083 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:04:23 »

There are a couple of days now showing as higher than the figures you had if that's what you mean (e.g Thursday now shows as 85, you had 82). Bottom line is over 600 people lost their lives to COVID last week, and we seem to be flattening out around that rate.

It's more the differences between England and the other parts of the union which catch the eye.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #5084 on: Monday, July 13, 2020, 10:10:20 »

It's more the differences between England and the other parts of the union which catch the eye.
Sure. If you compare the UK's figures with the rest of the world (cue howls of outrage from the few remaining true believers who still think Johnson's doing fine on COVID) it's clear we are doing very badly compared with the rest of the world. If you take out the other home nations which make the UK's figures actually look quite a bit better and just compare England's deaths per million with the rest of the world, it's absolutely catastrophic. World-beating, even
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 338 [339] 340 341 342 ... 629   Go Up
Print
Jump to: