Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cash 4 Gold  (Read 2895 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:23:48 »

My old man passed away a few years back but left some jewelry. Nothing sentimental and nothing that i would really every use so i was wondering what options i have in terms of making a few quid from it.
I was going to pop into Deacons in old town but anyone has any experience with these Gold buying places that seem to be dotted around Swindon? Some of the reviews seem decent but am i going to get ripped off?

I'm not keen on the idea of the ones you need to post to.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:30:24 »

I've used H&T pawnbrokers in Bridge Street. Gave me a good deal. Use google to check the going rates online for gold etc
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:56:23 »

I've used H&T pawnbrokers in Bridge Street. Gave me a good deal. Use google to check the going rates online for gold etc
My concern is that they will just give me scrap value when its not really scrap. I'll pop into town in the next couple days and see what they say. Cheers
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:57:13 »

My old man passed away a few years back but left some jewelry. Nothing sentimental and nothing that i would really every use so i was wondering what options i have in terms of making a few quid from it.
I was going to pop into Deacons in old town but anyone has any experience with these Gold buying places that seem to be dotted around Swindon? Some of the reviews seem decent but am i going to get ripped off?

I'm not keen on the idea of the ones you need to post to.

Yes you will feel ripped off as old jewellery is only worth the scrap value of gold.

Thankfully gold prices are very high at the moment, so as long as it's solid gold you'll get the best rate possible. 18ct gold plus is obviously worth more than 9ct.

You could try Cookson's, Birmingham online, to see if their rates are better.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #4 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:02:03 »

When my mother in law died she left some gold and I went into a local jeweller down here and got a half decent price.

Do not use the postal method, I have 2 friends that sent amounts of gold off and they offer less than most jewellers shops and both of them had items go missing in the post "allegedly".

Do as 4D says and find a local place that buys it.

Oh and you will only ever get scrap value for the gold unless you take it to a pawn brokers.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:40:34 »

When my mother in law died she left some gold and I went into a local jeweller down here and got a half decent price.

Do not use the postal method, I have 2 friends that sent amounts of gold off and they offer less than most jewellers shops and both of them had items go missing in the post "allegedly".

Do as 4D says and find a local place that buys it.

Oh and you will only ever get scrap value for the gold unless you take it to a pawn brokers.

Cookson send you a pot and a return Special Delivery envelope, so unlikely to get lost. Buy yes, those cash for gold envelopes that come through the door are scammers.

Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:40:49 »

Cookson send you a pot and a return Special Delivery envelope, so unlikely to get lost. But yes, those cash for gold envelopes that come through the door are scammers.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 15:13:01 »

I used Deacons for something similar and they gave me a fair price at the time.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 08:22:25 »

I went into Deacons a couple of years ago,  flopped my cock on the counter, the woman who was serving said 'Sorry Sir, I think you have misread the sign, it says clock repairs', I replied  ' Thats fine, can you put two hands on this then please'.     Cheesy Cheesy

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, February 18, 2020, 10:21:57 »

I went into Deacons a couple of years ago,  flopped my cock on the counter, the woman who was serving said 'Sorry Sir, I think you have misread the sign, it says clock repairs', I replied  ' Thats fine, can you put two hands on this then please'.     Cheesy Cheesy
Coffee everywhere. That's brightened up my morning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: