Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rivals  (Read 21309 times)
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 21:50:23 »

1. Oxford
2. Bristol City

That's it.  No more for me.  Nice to know Reading still think about us, though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 22:14:27 »

ps. where the fuck did Wycombe come from? I don't recall that ever being a thing in the 30 years I've been going
Love going to Wycombe,  just to go in the White Horse pub !!!. Moon Moon

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 22:27:09 »

Oxford
Badger

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 16, 2020, 22:29:28 »

There was some survey a couple of years ago about this.
Swindon were punching well above their league status in how many teams disliked from memory.

I quite liked the fact that they cared
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 00:23:59 »

1. Oxford

Second place goes to whichever Bristol club we are sharing a division with at time. If, neither of them like now then there isn’t really a second rival.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 02:05:38 »

No question it's the Scum  Doh Bad Mood

Junior upstarts with big mouths.

That said, loved going the Elm Park. Although we also got a hammering on the pitch  Sad

COYMR's
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 04:09:13 »

It’s obviously Oxford. But, here’s the thing.

I was chatting to a yellow friend who was keen on getting in the ‘7 in a row’ thing - even though it isn’t 7 at all, let alone another halfwit who says it’s 8 - about the PdC promotion season. He couldnt/wouldn’t believe me when I said I wasn’t devastated that they did the double over us that season. Sure I wanted to beat the fuckers but give me promotion and getting beat by them all day long.

Nice to see the bottling continuing last Saturday. They’re not happy about us buying the CG, either. ‘Why are they getting it for £2m when Uncle Firoz wants £13m for the triangle?’

They are always going to be fucked with the combo of the little Thai fella and Firoz.
china red

« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 05:47:23 »

1. Oxford
2. City
3. MK thieving cunts
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 07:09:37 »

1. Oxford

Second place goes to whichever Bristol club we are sharing a division with at time. If, neither of them like now then there isn’t really a second rival.

This sums it up pretty well.

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 09:41:15 »

Oxford and City, but I've really been enjoying the transient rivalries that pop up like Crawley under Steve whasisname, FGR under Cooper and Bradford this season.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:01:59 »

Oxford and City, but I've really been enjoying the transient rivalries that pop up like Crawley under Steve whasisname, FGR under Cooper and Bradford this season.

Any fans since the 70's will say Oxford, City, Rovers with Reading barely getting a mention. Gillingham escalated after the Ray McHale incident and although not local it became quite hostile. Northampton started 85/86 but that seems to have disappeared now and when hooligism was rife Cardiff & Pompey always caused lots of trouble

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:09:49 »

Oxford

I don't like either Bristol team and the battles with City are usually quite fun. The main thing I love about City is the whole "we don't care about Swindon" shit. They sang that no no no song for years. And OTIB had more threads about us than themselves when we were both going for promotion.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:10:36 »

Any fans since the 70's will say Oxford, City, Rovers with Reading barely getting a mention. Gillingham escalated after the Ray McHale incident and although not local it became quite hostile. Northampton started 85/86 but that seems to have disappeared now and when hooligism was rife Cardiff & Pompey always caused lots of trouble
Absolutely this, the only time it escalated a little with Reading was after the Thames Valley Royals "thing" mooted in 82 otherwise they play a minor role in any rivalry, their fans posting the video is just ridiculous to say the least.

I don't like either Bristol team and the battles with City are usually quite fun. The main thing I love about City is the whole "we don't care about Swindon" shit. They sang that no no no song for years. And OTIB had more threads about us than themselves when we were both going for promotion.
Spot on.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:18:41 »

That's the only reason I don't like City  Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 17, 2020, 10:19:23 »

Oxford

So true and even now on OTIB we regularly get a mention

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: