Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Scunthorpe pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 114425 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 09:55:52 »

Your being sensitive. I said he is massively off a starting place and he is- no one can dispute that.
To me his touch and style of play reminds of Adebayo?

I'm not writing the lad off. Again. I am saying he is massively off a starting place. better options on the bench.   

I don't think I am being sensitive. I just think you need to allow players a bit more time before saying they aren't good enough to be in the match day squad. And with all due respect to your possibly endless footballing knowledge but I trust Jewell and Wellens knowledge of bringing in players, they've done well so far.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:05:28 »

I don't think I am being sensitive. I just think you need to allow players a bit more time before saying they aren't good enough to be in the match day squad. And with all due respect to your possibly endless footballing knowledge but I trust Jewell and Wellens knowledge of bringing in players, they've done well so far.

fucking hell bob jog on. with all due respect lets close all forum chat on players because we aren't allowed an opinion unless they have have played x amount of games and because management know better than us.
Flashheart

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:07:28 »

fucking hell bob jog on. with all due respect lets close all forum chat on players because we aren't allowed an opinion unless they have have played x amount of games and because management know better than us.

Who said you're not allowed an opinion?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:11:38 »

He's nothing like Adebayo either, why did you pick him as a comparison?

He's played about 45 minutes of league football, nothing like giving a guy a chance is there!! Also quoted the wrong person NMH! Sorry! Smiley
I agree, hes head and shoulders better than Adebayo, in the Grimsby game he looked a real handful, last night he was played wide right which is not his position as he has played each time he has come on, hes a striker and we can only judge him fully when hes started a game as a striker IMO.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and to voice it I just disagree with singingiffys comment is all, no need to get defensive about it.

I think Adebayo will turn into a decent player.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:14:09 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:12:11 »

You expressed an opinion. He disagreed. You countered, he countered. That's kind of how it works?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:14:00 »

Fuck me we must be doing well now we are arguing for the sake of it! 
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:15:37 »

Fuck me we must be doing well now we are arguing for the sake of it! 
No we're not
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:19:03 »

No we're not

Fuck off Barry!!
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:19:33 »

True, though they also brought in Adam May. Sometimes it just won't work out, whatever the reasons.

I thought it was a pretty terrible cameo last night. Still, I think that's all I've seen of him so he obviously deserves more of a chance than that, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Hope or Woolery too.
Panda Paws

« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:20:51 »

Iffy is right - He's miles behind Hope and Woolery on the evidence presented (i.e. his performances), and I'm surprised he got the nod ahead of either of those two, especially in the wide forward position.

Last night - we started well, then sort of ground to a halt for 20 mins. We've seen it a number of times this season that we struggle a little when teams sit off and allow our back-up CBs to bring the ball out. Fryers and Conroy do it so well, REG and TB less so. Way too many slow, Hollywood diags.

Still, we carved out a couple of decent chances, took one with Doyle's mad-neck header and then the second half was a different ball game. A little more space, but way more speed in ball movement. Doughty's second half was the best 45 mins I've seen all season. He was unplayable.

Fryers was so good. We need two of him, but if we only have one, I prefer him at CB in this side because of the previously mentioned issues. Doyle and Caddis also good. DJ off a little. Yates was really poor compared to his usual standard - work rate was bang on but quality was miles off.

Still, a comfy win, never out of second gear and a good result down in Devon.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:22:47 »

Fuck off Barry!!
Cheesy
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:32:47 »

Iffy is right - He's miles behind Hope and Woolery on the evidence presented (i.e. his performances), and I'm surprised he got the nod ahead of either of those two, especially in the wide forward position.

Well if you are looking at presented evidence Woolery has basically been consistently gash since we signed him and Hope hasn't exactly pulled up any trees in his appearances (although he has scored a couple).

I think these discussions are positive however in the strength of depth we have in the squad, especially up front where we are blessed with players who offer different attributes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:33:46 »

True, though they also brought in Adam May. Sometimes it just won't work out, whatever the reasons.

I thought it was a pretty terrible cameo last night. Still, I think that's all I've seen of him so he obviously deserves more of a chance than that, but I'd be pretty pissed off if I was Hope or Woolery too.

I have only seen him in the Exeter game and last night. There's no disputing that is no where near enough minutes to say whether he will end up good or not but to me he didn't look any good.  
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:34:54 »

You have to trust what Wellens is seeing in training for the most part.

Factor in that Woolery was set to leave on deadline day until it fell through (and will presumably leave in the summer) whilst we may fancy having Muskwe on a season long deal next yr
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 10:36:04 »

Jog on? Really?

All I am saying is that I think you are harshly judging what Muskwe can do given his lack of gametime. Not sure your Akinfenwa comparison is accurate either but of course you are welcome to your opinion as I presume I am?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: