Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carlisle v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 57949 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Sunday, February 9, 2020, 11:41:13 »

Agree about Hope.
The team needs to be setup to get the best out of Doyle.
Not sure that it's quite there at the moment.
Might be because we seem to have gone a bit more direct in recent games, so lost a bit of control in midfield as a result, but I'd put that down to having to adjust to the conditions more than anything.

Grant brushed past me as the delay repay train was pulling into Euston last night.
He looks a lot smaller in err real life than he does on the pitch if that makes any sense.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #376 on: Sunday, February 9, 2020, 11:44:50 »

Grant brushed past me as the delay repay train was pulling into Euston last night.
He looks a lot smaller in err real life than he does on the pitch if that makes any sense.
Yeah I have stood next to Grant and he looks just normal in size, but on the pitch he looks like a beast, could be thats because of the propensity of players now being very slight and thin athletes, whereas Grant is a solid unit of muscle.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Sunday, February 9, 2020, 12:47:39 »

Apologies if this has been answered but how many did we take up there?

The 1 was me and I am already up there!
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Sunday, February 9, 2020, 12:52:18 »

As always some comments from Carlisle fans about the game.

They seem to think we are dirty and cynical in the main, ok then, they obviously havent seen Newport or Lincoln last season!

And if that was them playing some of their best football of the season, wow poor bastards have seen some shit this season.

That was up with probably our worst 3 or 4 performances of the season, we should have buried them when we were on top TBH we always sit back too much when we go a goal up, which frustrates me a lot.
Would that be the Anderton who in the second half when a couple of throws were given by their corner flag ended up taking near the half way line whilst having little love chats with the linesman.

Strangely quiet on their player booting Yates in the head as well.

Btw in terms of officials buggering up, FWIW, that late corner that benda dropped was never a corner. My FiL was stood in the paddock on that side in line with the goal line (it was near the toilet and after 4 pre match points he had 3 visits in the first half alone), it never went out by a Mike and should have been a throw at most.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Sunday, February 9, 2020, 13:24:46 »

This should possibly go in the winds me up thread.

Why were we wearing our away shirts, the fact that it was shirts only suggests to me it was not altogether planned, was it because their keeper was in orange?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Sunday, February 9, 2020, 19:26:04 »

As always some comments from Carlisle fans about the game.
That was up with probably our worst 3 or 4 performances of the season, we should have buried them when we were on top TBH we always sit back too much when we go a goal up, which frustrates me a lot.

But you never went a goal up !!!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: