Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Forest Green Rovers v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 64542 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 15:50:13 »

None of this ‘happy with a point’ bollocks, please.

8-in-a-row coming up!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 15:55:59 »

From FGR.

To ensure we maintain the required segregation between supporters, all ticket sales via the FGR hotline and website, are subject to additional checks on identity and ticketing history, and all tickets collected from FGR (in advance or on the day) will require photo ID and proof of address. Any Swindon fans that are identified will have their tickets cancelled.

All ticket sales on the day will be subject to a range of additional checks, and all supporters wishing to buy on the day will be required to have an active FGR account. These checks are likely to create queues on the day, so to avoid potential issues, we recommend all FGR supporters purchase in advance.

Any Swindon Town supporters who enter a home area will risk being ejected from the stadium and will not be transferred or moved to the away end.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 18:36:41 »

From FGR.

Still looking for a ticket, if any of you lot have come down with the lurgy.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 22:05:38 »

https://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/news/18110589.forest-green-rovers-second-bid-new-stadium-plan-approved/

FGR new stadium approved tonight.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 22:26:04 »

Eastington Eco’s it is then, Forest Green are dead. Bang goes my journey to and from work! We have an Franchise Mk II
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, December 18, 2019, 23:35:02 »

Great journo name for the Stroud Joournal... Leigh Boobyer! Ok, incredibly immature but do you think he's a bit of a tit?

I'll get my coat  Soapy Tit Wank

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 07:26:45 »

They want away fans to park in Gloucester, and then travel to stadium via bus and train
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 08:46:48 »

Vince is really counting on the move bringing a rapid expansion of their fan base isn't he? I'd be fuming with this if I was a FGR fan. Not enough that he changed their colours and turned them into a gimmick as it is, but to rip them from their home?

Could be a R&D mk II
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 08:52:22 »

Can’t be confident of expanding the fan base too much - not with a 5000 capacity!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 08:54:14 »

No disrespect, but who are they going to attract? Even big town Cheltenham don't get great numbers, Glos is rugby.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 09:01:56 »

Can’t be confident of expanding the fan base too much - not with a 5000 capacity!

That's still a considerable expansion for them!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 10:24:03 »

Apparently the stadium will be designed so it can increase to 10,000 should they ever need it.

It seems Dale Vince thinks he can draw in fans by having close to the M5 J13 but that's a big ask. Will also need an investment in infrastructure as J13 is a nightmare at peak times.

There has been some talk in Stroud about re-opening the closed Stonehouse station on the Gloucester Bristol line which is a lot nearer the new site. Maybe DV will be asked to make a contribution.

I still think this a piecemeal approach to getting his Eco Business Park which he dropped from the original plans but could come back to.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 11:35:41 »

Apparently the stadium will be designed so it can increase to 10,000 should they ever need it.

It seems Dale Vince thinks he can draw in fans by having close to the M5 J13 but that's a big ask. Will also need an investment in infrastructure as J13 is a nightmare at peak times.

There has been some talk in Stroud about re-opening the closed Stonehouse station on the Gloucester Bristol line which is a lot nearer the new site. Maybe DV will be asked to make a contribution.

I still think this a piecemeal approach to getting his Eco Business Park which he dropped from the original plans but could come back to.
To be honest Vince doesn’t really care about the supporters or numbers that attend so it’ll probably remain at 5000, it’s all about marketing the brand and the publicity it brings. A lot of their core supporters are starting to disappear as they feel alienated from the club now.

In terms of the new site they are currently rebuilding both roundabouts either side of junction 13, the shell garage one is almost finished and the Whitminster one is just starting and going to have the Canal going through it. Both changes won’t make any difference as the bottle neck is into Stonehouse which is single carriageway all the way to the Ebley bypass. The new stadium will cause more chaos as it will have traffic lights on its entrance and result in cars backing down on to the motorway even further. Every junction from 9 to 13 in Gloucestershire are accidents waiting to happen.
The application is laughable as apparently being next to the motorway is purely coincidental and nothing to do with being easily accessible by car. The stadium will only have 300 or so parking spaces and there won’t be any parking issues as everybody including away fans will follow the clubs advice and travel by public transport or park in places like gloucester and get the bus. Who really believes that?!
This whole sage just proves his whole Eco thing is a nothing more marketing strategy for and he’s going to sell the existing ground for housing so not like he’s returning it to a green site. Thing is he’s gotta pay for it and build it still so a long way to go. Hopefully it gets called in by the Secretary of State because as both a local resident this is clearly not the the right place for it. Thankfully the business park should never happen now as they are rebuilding the canal on that side so that’s some of his long term funding gone.

They lose about £500k a month which Vince hides with sponsorship from his company so they will be the next Rushden & Diamonds at some point it’s just a question of when.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 12:08:19 »

let's be honest, to increase the capacity of a wooden stadium will be a piece of piss. a few joists and 3x3 posts here and there, can be done in an afternoon.

almost like rovers when they put up a new tent in the summer
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Thursday, December 19, 2019, 12:10:07 »

When FGR came up their wages to turnover percentage was 196%, the league allows 55%.

DV gets around that just by sponsoring them extra to cover the shortfall.

2014 loss: £2,500,000
2015 loss: £2,890,000
2016 loss: £2,483,624
2017 loss: £2,155,063

The 6 years combined including the promotion season left the with a cumulative operating loss of £12m.

2018 profit: £422,647 (thanks to a new sponsorship deal of £3.5m from Ecotricity).

Their total wage bill, including players, football and non-football staff, was £2.4 million for the 2017 season.

Their turnover went from £2m to £4.9m thanks to the new Ecotricity deal.

DV does not need anyone coming through the gates to fulfil his massive ego trip and get them promoted higher up the leagues. The less people come through the door the more he sponsors them, simple.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: