Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 64179 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 06:09:00 »

I agree that a negative attitude helps no one, but Wellens is deluded if he thought that performance was any good.

We won from a bit of individual quality (the movement, control and finish of Doyle). Without that the exact same criticisms that have been labelled against the team for the past month or so, and they’d have been valid

I get we’re in a good league position, and I get the sky isn’t falling in. The concern is the ongoing trend of samey football, that’s increasingly easy to defend against and shows no sign of being addressed

We beat Stevenage because we had a few more talented players, not because we were the more talented team. And that’s not sustainable in the long run

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 06:23:35 »

I don't really have a problem that we struggled last night. it was always going to be difficult, but we got there in the end just about.

I think fans that directly have a go at the manager (if that is what happened) should be called out.

But having a go at a fragile fan base for not vocally getting behind the team is stupid from Wellens.  To liken it to our early season play is stupid too. we are nowhere near that level.

He'll have to get used to our unrealistic (?)  expectation of competing for the top 3.

In any case it's only October. Let's get out form back and kick on, then all this type of stuff will be forgotten.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 06:30:00 »

I don't really have a problem that we struggled last night. it was always going to be difficult, but we got there in the end just about.

I think fans that directly have a go at the manager (if that is what happened) should be called out.

But having a go at a fragile fan base for not vocally getting behind the team is stupid from Wellens.  To liken it to our early season play is stupid too. we are nowhere near that level.

He'll have to get used to our unrealistic (?)  expectation of competing for the top 3.

In any case it's only October. Let's get out form back and kick on, then all this type of stuff will be forgotten.

Spot on.

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 06:39:04 »

I am fucking fuming tonight.

Did you actually pay money to witness that dogshit tonight? I did....

That has to be one of the worst fuckfests I have ever witnessed at the CG.

Stevenage are bottom at the end of October (not August) for a reason....because they are a fucking poor football team..fact...

We dished up a pathetic performance.  That's a fact, end of.   We got away with it big time and I went fucking mental when we scored...what a relief!

So, happy as Larry...got away with it and all that...until I hear that the manager isnt happy with some stick he gets from supporters near the dugout....Boo Hoo..

Tonight, it's a shit sandwich that's better eaten quietly...

Better own up that we were shit and got away with it, than have a dig at some fans that had the cheek to actually pay the admission fee and have a justified pop at the man that is in charge of team affairs, at a poor performance.

If he starts that shit, he will be going down the same path as Mr 'Not my fault' Cooper...

Put your hands up, state we were lucky, comment that fans weren't happy and disappointed with some of the understandable negative comments and talk about Crawley.

PLEASE PLEASE do not turn into Cooper...

Note to self - to save embarrassment, don’t write your post match views whilst sat in the Glue Pot.

I hope your headache isn’t too bad this morning  Cheesy
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 06:39:26 »

Bradford have been hit by a raft of injuries and lost at home to Vale last night.

Just shows most teams just don’t have/can afford squad depth. Exeter have lost 2 on the bounce 7-1 agg.

If Crewe suffer the same or lose players in Jan they’ll stutter too.

My worry is that now with a virtually fit squad we’re still not producing a decent performance.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:03:02 »

Would prefer to see us play 433 or 4312.

So limited playing 442 without a proper left mid
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:39:35 »

What did people think of DJ yesterday then. It was my first time seeing him play live.

Looked raw but committed to me. Will be interesting to see how/if he develops. Didn't think Woolery shoed a lot yesterday so its good to have a bit of competition for the spot while Anderson is out.
Panda Paws

« Reply #262 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:52:09 »

What did people think of DJ yesterday then. It was my first time seeing him play live.

Looked raw but committed to me. Will be interesting to see how/if he develops. Didn't think Woolery shoed a lot yesterday so its good to have a bit of competition for the spot while Anderson is out.

Agree with your assessment - can see why Norwich took him. Raw, but the ability to change a game with direct wing play.
Panda Paws

« Reply #263 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 07:54:52 »

So you don't find our play frustrating from time to time?

Of course I do. The wider point is our home support is unnecessarily negative and rarely get behind the team when we're in a spot of bother. Ex players have admitted as much.

We can either accept that, and accept we might be able to play a part in turning our home form around or we can carry on moaning and groaning and giving our players/staff undue grief. I know what I'd rather.

As a wider point - I go to football to enjoy myself. It baffles me that people can moan so incessantly about a leisure activity. Don't enjoy it? Don't come. It's not obligatory.
Nijholts Nuts

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 08:17:04 »

Some people are literally their happiest whilst complaining.

I only dream of Claire Sweeney
REDBUCK

« Reply #265 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 08:26:59 »

I think, having watched yesterday, that DJ  should be a starter ahead of Woolery.

I think he's going to offer more in that left Mid /wing position
Panda Paws

« Reply #266 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 08:30:44 »

I think, having watched yesterday, that DJ  should be a starter ahead of Woolery.

I think he's going to offer more in that left Mid /wing position

Agreed - so long as he's back to 100% fitness and we can get 60-70 good mins from him.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 08:34:21 »

Of course I do. The wider point is our home support is unnecessarily negative and rarely get behind the team when we're in a spot of bother. Ex players have admitted as much.

We can either accept that, and accept we might be able to play a part in turning our home form around or we can carry on moaning and groaning and giving our players/staff undue grief. I know what I'd rather.

As a wider point - I go to football to enjoy myself. It baffles me that people can moan so incessantly about a leisure activity. Don't enjoy it? Don't come. It's not obligatory.

I do always support the team until the very end of the match.  Cannot stand the moaning.  I would so rather have Paul's MLS druimming than the sighs and moans and "Get it forwaaards".

BUT

If you go to football to enjoy yourself, may I suggest Anfield or even the Nou Camp may be a happier hunting ground?

Unless your idea of enjoyment is more akin to attending a Smiths or Leonard Cohen concert?

We really do have to squeeze the tube hard to extract any pleasure these days.

The unexpected pleasure and relief of a Doyle 90th min winner didn't exactly come at the conclusion of 90 mins. of "ole's!"

Yours in misery but also hope.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 08:38:35 »

Woolery as a counter attacker, away, perhaps.  

His speed and even finishing has on occasion excited me but his wider skillset is rather average and, from his point of view, a move may be healthy.  

Great to have him on board as part of the squad for the season though.
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 08:43:13 »

Delighted to get the 3 points last night, really didn't think it was coming! Loved the determination from Doyle to get into the box and score after passing it out wide.

I've been to the last few Crawley away games and haven't got on so well, not chancing it on Saturday i'll listen on the radio  Cheesy

Hopefully kick on now and get a run going COYR.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: