Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29924 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 09:56:35 »

My personal opinion after yesterday’s game is that I’m not sure Wellens yet knows his best side. He obviously wants to play Yates and Doyle in the same side, but whilst Yates gives you energy he barely spent any time in the box and played more as a midfielder. Keshi and Isgrove don’t look as dangerous as they did early season and Doughty appears to be out of favour as well when he should be the player that makes this side tick.

Injuries have clearly been an important part of this, we miss Conroy’s class at the back, Zakuani just isn’t going to be that player. Anthony Grant is clearly a class act and covers every blade of grass, hopefully the other players can take a leaf out of his book.

The run of games we’ve had was always going to be a challenge and I’m disappointed we’ve not taken the points we could have (draws at Bradford and Crewe would have been an excellent return).

Confidence seems low currently, we need 3 points on Stevenage to try and turn this malaise around. Have to remember as well it’s still early in the season and we are 7th, it’s not the end of the world but we need to turn it around sooner rather than later.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 09:59:38 »

Almost a year to the day since that win at Meadow Lane when we saw a real back to basics approach/personnel - one might argue that RW would be wise to employ similar tactics in our upcoming fixtures  Hmmm
REDBUCK

« Reply #257 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 10:10:01 »

So the storm clouds are gathering but I'm sure there be a fully supportive crowd behind the team for the off on Tuesday.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 10:17:40 »

Almost a year to the day since that win at Meadow Lane when we saw a real back to basics approach/personnel - one might argue that RW would be wise to employ similar tactics in our upcoming fixtures  Hmmm

How you go about it doesn't really matter, it's about getting it done. At the same stage Flitcroft was a point better off, had a tough looking fixture in Wycombe at home (they went up) and played 1 up front, a lump Harry Smith. His goal sufficient for the points.

Last season Wellens stuck in Twine and debutant Sol Pryce up front v Stevenage as he had no-one else, we won. Pryce never played a league game again.
« Last Edit: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 10:19:50 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 10:30:18 »

So the storm clouds are gathering but I'm sure there be a fully supportive crowd behind the team for the off on Tuesday.

A quick look at Stevenage's away from shows no wins, 4 draws, 3 defeats f 4 a 10, which suggests a defensive set up.

Those that do turn up will need to be patient, unless we can repeat last season's early goals. THis will certainly be a season's lowest crowd so far, last season Stevenage managed a travelling support of 66, not sure they'll match it this time round.
REDBUCK

« Reply #260 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 10:58:31 »

Patience - not a chance, there will be those demanding a thrashing based on those stats and if we struggle against massed defence, something we tend to do, there will groans and moans after 15 mins.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 11:37:07 »

Patience - not a chance, there will be those demanding a thrashing based on those stats and if we struggle against massed defence, something we tend to do, there will groans and moans after 15 mins.
No there won't,  we'll be 3-0 up by then !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, October 20, 2019, 15:01:26 »

That's usually after I drop one in the TE after a few in the Glue Pot.

Clems Army!
Briggany

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 08:43:32 »

After match Analysis: I didn't go, stayed at home and listened on the radio.

I have noticed this StephTroll bloke has it in for Venkman though. Literally can't ever post his own opinions and just hangs on every word PV types in order to counter it and argue against it. Whats more he never rises to anyone else in the forum, just always hates on PV.

PV you have an admirer buddy, hopefully it soon turns from forum bitter posts to surprise flowers and chocolates at your door.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 09:10:50 »

Oh no Brigg, he doesn't like me either. Seeing as I take a positive approach, most of the time.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 09:44:27 »

I don't think that's the reason   Grin
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 10:36:09 »

After match Analysis: I didn't go, stayed at home and listened on the radio.

I have noticed this StephTroll bloke has it in for Venkman though. Literally can't ever post his own opinions and just hangs on every word PV types in order to counter it and argue against it. Whats more he never rises to anyone else in the forum, just always hates on PV.

PV you have an admirer buddy, hopefully it soon turns from forum bitter posts to surprise flowers and chocolates at your door.

FWIW I think PV is pretty accurate and balanced in his comments, largely mirroring my thoughts on games. Also provides good commentary for those not able to attend games - I am not one of those.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #267 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 12:04:20 »

Cheesy
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 15:33:00 »

Well I have called him a cutn but that's a friendly gesture on here. Judging someone based purely off their comments on a forum, isn't shallow or narrow minded at all?  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, October 21, 2019, 15:38:31 »

Bamboo, I'm sure, if push came to shove, that everyone would wear your face in order to survive the Zombie Apocalypse.

Even that might not stop the cunt points from racking up though. Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: