Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crewe v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29922 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 09:27:09 »

Is anyone in League Two?
From what I have seen so far, no, the standard is if anything worse than last season.

We just need to be on average slightly better than average to achieve promotion.

Based on what I have seen so far.....if we don't go up in the Autos then this season will have been a failure. The standard is really poor, but the standard of refereeing has been even worse, the worst I have ever seen at times.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 09:51:46 »

Is anyone in League Two?

Div 4 is a pretty even league this year, most clubs don't hold great advantages over a lot of the others. 

Occasionally you find someone down here, who shouldn't be, but it's rarer then Div 3 has become, as we know the likes of Leeds, Leicester, Norwich, Soton, Sheff U have been recentish visitors, Sunderland currently.

This means the 24 clubs are more or less delving into the same pool of players.... mostly loans from the top 2 Divs, the out of contract pool, and Div 4/Conference journeymen.

It's then about how the gaffer can forge them into something.   That argument might be best described as Roundhead v Cavalier.

So you get Roundhead outfits like ColU and Newport, who although not pretty are decent sides.... can easily see us off and given a hard time to various Championship/Prem sides in the LC.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 09:56:17 »

Looking forward to a possible appearance from Jaiyesimi tomorrow, hopefully he can make more of an impact from the bench than the useless Woolery.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Waffle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 11:29:40 »

For what it’s worth, my XI below.

I would like to see Ellis a bit further forward now with Anderson likely to be rested and Donohue proving a solid choice so far ( based on one game XD )

* 1EABDCF3-1D00-4024-B7E0-AF746593199A.jpeg (633.37 KB, 1067x1571 - viewed 208 times.)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 11:47:22 »

Looking forward to a possible appearance from Jaiyesimi tomorrow, hopefully he can make more of an impact from the bench than the useless Woolery.
Woolery seems to be this season's Anderson - you think he's got it, and he shows it in flashes, but he just doesn't seem to be able to deliver it consistently. And I speak as someone who over the summer thought we couldn't carry both, so of the two we should get rid of Anderson and keep Woolery, because he looked the better of the two. Got that wrong Smiley Maybe we should transfer list him? It worked for Anderson!
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 12:00:29 »

Woolery seems to be this season's Anderson - you think he's got it, and he shows it in flashes, but he just doesn't seem to be able to deliver it consistently. And I speak as someone who over the summer thought we couldn't carry both, so of the two we should get rid of Anderson and keep Woolery, because he looked the better of the two. Got that wrong Smiley Maybe we should transfer list him? It worked for Anderson!
Ha perhaps! Like you said, there are flashes.
I always had confidence that we'd see this from Anderson at some point, over the last couple of years I've cut him some slack/found myself frustrated because I felt he had this in his locker, I can't say I feel the same way about KW.

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 12:40:12 »

Ha perhaps! Like you said, there are flashes.
I always had confidence that we'd see this from Anderson at some point, over the last couple of years I've cut him some slack/found myself frustrated because I felt he had this in his locker, I can't say I feel the same way about KW.

Sent from my CLT-L09

I've seen him have one magnificent game ...away at Crawley...a draw.

Disappointing ref the outlay and the hype....never matched that for sure.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 12:50:21 »

I think Woolery definately has it in him, hes got all the right attributes, he can dribble, hes god shitloads of pace, he can score some great goals, he can't cross very well so theres no point playing him wide.

His problem is he has zero consistancy. He can do all the hard things then falls when he has to do the easy stuff.

We don't play to his strengths very often, which is hitting balls into space for him to run onto, when we do and his head is in the right place he is brilliant. Other times he looks like a player who has never even seen a football let alone kicked one.

His goal against Carlisle earlier this season.

He has it in him, its just getting it out of him!

Almost every goal he has scored for Swindon, and there is only 13 of them, has been of a decent quality, great pace, good dribbling, decent finishing, like his goal away at Bury last season was brilliantly taken.

The 20 yarder against FGR.

He obviously has talent, but he is as inconsistent as the weather on the Orkneys and twice as frustrating.

REDBUCK

« Reply #23 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 12:50:50 »

I must have missed the hype for KW when he signed, what type of player did people think we were getting.

Were did people get the idea from
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 15:00:20 »

I must have missed the hype for KW when he signed, what type of player did people think we were getting.

Were did people get the idea from
The alleged £350,000 price tag I would imagine...
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 15:29:36 »

Similar to O'Brien and Hylton. Pace is great but you are unlikely to succeed with that alone.

Nothing to see here
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 20:44:15 »

Looking forward to the game tomorrow,  I think we have a good chance... part of me wants to stay home and watch BBC Parliament though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #27 on: Friday, October 18, 2019, 20:54:11 »

I would like to see Ellis a bit further forward now with Anderson likely to be rested and Donohue proving a solid choice so far ( based on one game XD )

If Keshi is rested, I'd say that's a good shout. He's looked a tricky little player with good close control, in those times when he's got forward.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 08:58:46 »

If Keshi is rested, I'd say that's a good shout. He's looked a tricky little player with good close control, in those times when he's got forward.
Wellens said in the Adver on Thursday that he isn't risking Anderson today, he doesn't think hes fully git yet.

cdakev

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 19, 2019, 09:04:12 »

We need to get back to winning way's today, free flowing football from the Town. a 3-1 win with Doyle bagging 2 and Yates the other. COYR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: