Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Episode 96: Keith Scott  (Read 3576 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 23, 2019, 15:48:41 »

Out tomorrow. I'll post the link.

Nice chap. Interesting career.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 05:34:47 »

https://soundcloud.com/user-613048186/keith-scott/s-Zwvpq
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 06:24:15 »

Keith Scott = Anfield to me
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 18:31:56 »

Scored the first Swindon goal that I saw in the flesh. Great to hear another player from that period, I think Bodin has been the only other one, right at the start when the sound was an issue?

As it was mentioned in the interview, was there really no inkling at the time as to why Kevin Morris chose to end his life? I was quite young at the time, although I'm sure I heard he'd been looking after his ill wife(terminally ill I thought). The fact Keith said his wife had no idea why he did it suggests that was completely wrong.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 18:45:29 »

I think Ep.8 Paul Bodin is the first of the improved sound era.

The Kevin Morris chat was longer than what I put in the final edit. I mentioned that I always thought the same as you, his wife was ill. He mentioned that perhaps football was changing/moving forward and formal physiotherapy qualifications were required etc which would have meant his association with Swindon was about to end (which I had heard previously also).

I hadn't realised that the Wolves game I talk about in the episode was October 8 and Kevin died on October 11. Town didn't win another league game until January 15 (14 games).
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 19:14:40 »

Thanks for that.

A lot of the games you talked about were defining points for me. QPR, Ipswich, Wolves, Bristol City away.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, October 24, 2019, 20:06:10 »

I think Ep.8 Paul Bodin is the first of the improved sound era.

The Kevin Morris chat was longer than what I put in the final edit. I mentioned that I always thought the same as you, his wife was ill. He mentioned that perhaps football was changing/moving forward and formal physiotherapy qualifications were required etc which would have meant his association with Swindon was about to end (which I had heard previously also).

I hadn't realised that the Wolves game I talk about in the episode was October 8 and Kevin died on October 11. Town didn't win another league game until January 15 (14 games).

I went to Kevin's funeral in St Margaret's Church Stratton... very moving, seeing even then old  faces of players and fans. St Margaret's even then was a sort of land that time forgot corner, even more so now and it did sem to mark the end of an era both for FC and area.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: