Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5-a-side football pitches in swindon  (Read 4420 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 09:33:58 »

We play football every week at the Link and the facilities are frankly awful. The problem is all the main 5-a-side 4G pitches in Swindon are run by the same company. Play Football.

Can anyone recommend any hidden gems? We've looked at Swindome but its a pain in arse to get to from West Swindon during rush hour traffic.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 09:40:16 »

Most schools now have 4g pitches at rent them out in the evenings to generate money.

Try Greendown/Lydiard park academy or RWB school (although not sure if this is 4g).

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 10:02:47 »

Most schools now have 4g pitches at rent them out in the evenings to generate money.

Try Greendown/Lydiard park academy or RWB school (although not sure if this is 4g).
Im banned from schools.....

OK, thats a joke. Thanks for the tip, i'll ask around.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 10:17:12 »

Im banned from schools.....

OK, thats a joke. Thanks for the tip, i'll ask around.

Try The Grange over Stratton. Lovely pitches over there.

Also play every other week at the Link and it's shocking quality. Last night half the floodlights were off and there were about 30 kids on the pitch next to us smoking weed and fucking about. Place is falling apart.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 10:20:34 »

Try The Grange over Stratton. Lovely pitches over there.

Also play every other week at the Link and it's shocking quality. Last night half the floodlights were off and there were about 30 kids on the pitch next to us smoking weed and fucking about. Place is falling apart.
Its horrendous. Like you say, kids leave them in a state and half the floodlights dont work. Panels broken. Every week without fail we have to go to reception and ask them to either open the gate, or put the lights on. A lot of times we have to go round multiple times before anyone bothers to do anything.
Then when we moan, they just say, just stay on an extra 15 minutes. That's all well and good until the next group turns up on the hour and they want to get on.

Will look at The Grange but ideally want something close to west swindon as we normally play straight after work.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2019, 11:47:27 »

I play at Grange a couple of times a week, would recommend it.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 15:36:33 »

Seconded..  Me and Ging tear up the Grange at least once a week..  in my mind we do anyway Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 15:37:09 »

There is also Kingsdown School as well, although the pitches are massive albeit cheap to hire.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 15:46:54 »

Seconded..  Me and Ging tear up the Grange at least once a week..  in my mind we do anyway Cheesy

We're like Zidane and Hoddle Smiley
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 15:48:45 »

We're like Zidane and Hoddle Smiley
in age?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 16:05:37 »

and general health (in terms of Hoddle for me)

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2019, 17:24:17 »

in age?

I'll have you know I am just like Zidane (in hairstyle)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: