Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport (A)  (Read 31908 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 10:35:10 »

"Something cultural" = getting a nosh of a big Venezuelan sort no doubt Wink

Latinos have never been a thing for me.... I know there are some who swear by them, but the world wouldn't work if we all liked the same.  Corbyn seems to like them, as having switched his English missus, married a Chilean and now a Mexican.

Obviously a man of far ranging tastes though, having had a spell with Abbott.  I reckon someone really clever, should do a play about Jeremy and Diane's mbike holiday around the old East Germany.

You do get a few exotic ladies from S and C America in Swindon.... but the ones I've met have either been mad or miserable
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 10:50:41 »

You do get a few exotic ladies from S and C America in Swindon.... but the ones I've met have either been mad or miserable

Ever thought it might be you?  Wink

Newport is a funny old place, found myself there a couple of times last year....

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 11:02:18 »

funny old place=shithole.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12:00:11 »

Boro away? Still think we'll be playing them on 16th. £19.80 return on the train, tempting.

The fact that Pulis is a Newport boy, chucks in an imponderable, he may well stick out the reserves, which would help them out.... and justify it by the tightness of the Championship. A similar thing happened in the LC, when they lost at home to Burton in the quarter final.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12:37:09 »

The fact that Pulis is a Newport boy, chucks in an imponderable, he may well stick out the reserves, which would help them out.... and justify it by the tightness of the Championship. A similar thing happened in the LC, when they lost at home to Burton in the quarter final.

Do you have any evidence to back this up?
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12:43:52 »

If we play them, great. If it’s postponed, so be it. We haven’t had a spare weekend since July, so I’m sure Wellens could make use of it in one way or another.

The natives are getting restless at Middlesbrough and I’ll be surprised if Pulis decides to throw the game in an act of charity.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12:50:30 »

Do you have any evidence to back this up?

Well for the Burton game Pulis rested 5 who normally play.... Shotton, Ayala, Howson, Clayton and Savile.  To be fair though they do have a pretty strong squad....

Puel, did similar in the last round v Exiles and came unstuck.  He probably thought after getting Soton to the LC final and finishing 8th then getting sacked anyway, that the only way he'll keep the Leicester job is if he finishes 7th, and that's doubtful.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 13:44:18 »

Well for the Burton game Pulis rested 5 who normally play.... Shotton, Ayala, Howson, Clayton and Savile.  To be fair though they do have a pretty strong squad....

Puel, did similar in the last round v Exiles and came unstuck.  He probably thought after getting Soton to the LC final and finishing 8th then getting sacked anyway, that the only way he'll keep the Leicester job is if he finishes 7th, and that's doubtful.

So nothing to suggest that Pulis (who incidentally supported Man U as a kid) would show any greater support to his place of birth than anyone else?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 13:56:41 »

So nothing to suggest that Pulis (who incidentally supported Man U as a kid) would show any greater support to his place of birth than anyone else?

Do you have any evidence of this  Hmmm   my understanding is that as a kid when he wasn't playing he used to go and watch Newport and sometimes Cardiff.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:04:17 »

Do you have any evidence of this  Hmmm   my understanding is that as a kid when he wasn't playing he used to go and watch Newport and sometimes Cardiff.
Need to see the ticket stubs before I take that as gospel Smiley
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:47:37 »

Don't hold your breath for evidence...  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 24, 2019, 15:58:14 »

It's well know that Pulis used to get into Somerton Park without paying.... of course, back then tickets weren't a thing anyway.

“When I got a little bit older we would nick on the train and jump off without paying. Then we would try every which way to get in without paying. If you remember the corrugated steel along the bottom of the fences we would go round the back of the Grange End, jump over little rhyne (ditch) and up the side and try and nick in and if we did we’d get a burger with the money we’d saved from not paying to get in!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 11:43:01 »

Cue a comfortably win for the Boro
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 12:17:58 »

Regardless of the background of Pulis, I really can't imagine that his style across 25 years of management links back in any way to a soft touch for the teams that he sometimes watched as a schoolboy.

Sure, Newport may well give Middlesbrough a good game, but this will not be on the basis that Pulis has told his players to go easy on them.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 25, 2019, 15:50:41 »

How easy are Newport tickets to get hold of if you're not a season ticket holder?  I can't see this game (on Feb 16th) listed in the online ticket office.  Does that mean that there's a small allocation and plebs like me won't get a look in?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if it's any different to last season but we paid on the day,   no hassle and brilliant cider pub just opposite the station,  ground only a 10-15 minute walk/stagger away.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: