Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Richie Wellens.. so far.  (Read 99266 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 12:42:47 »

My opinion remains the same. I'm not going to let it be swayed by 1 performance.

So it should.... Wellens has still got us in 12th spot a rise of 4 places over PB... and has a points rate of 1.4 a game, against PB's 1.2 a game. So we're on course for a solid mid table finish about 12/13th, whereas at PB's rate it'd been about 14th/15th.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 12:43:35 »

actually I thought Lincoln was, but that was understandable as trying new things.

yes we don't know what knoyle's state is regarding fitness/attitude

I actually thought this ref Dave, it seems strange that he is not making the bench at least to give him some minutes, he must have really upset Wellens - or they are trying to force him out by not playing him as he is a high earner
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:03:40 »

or there is a Christian Roberts type thing going on.

whatever it is, it's not just fitness or ability.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:07:21 »

Or perhaps, maybe, he really just is not fit enough yet? Wellens did say recently he was arranging a development game to raise his fitness.

Why is it so difficult to believe that a player that hasn't played much because of injury is just not ready yet? Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:18:03 »

it's not conspiracy, it's just I don't see the need for him and rose.

it's just opinion trying to make sense of it all, and even if I'm right it's not meant to be taken as pro or anti the decision.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:30:58 »

The last game TD played in was Cambridge where he played that awful no look pass that let them in for their first....It has seemed strange he hasn't played a minute since then.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:35:00 »

Wellens has done enough to convince me he should be allowed the rest of the season / summer to so what he wants to do with the team.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:37:57 »

it's not just fitness or ability.

This is what I don't get, batch. And I am not having a dig at you personally so you should not take it as such. (Although I will personally dig at the comment above that about him being forced out over wages, that's proper conspiracy theory bollocks)

Dave is a footballer. Footballer's get injured and spend time not playing as a result. Dave has been injured recently. Even the manager has mentioned his fitness recently.

I'm baffled as to how so many people are ruling out injury/fitness as the cause. It's hardly a leap.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:43:54 »

In general I think things are better under Wellens than under Brown, and more watchable than Flitcroft - the odd game notwithstanding!

We seem to have more of a plan, which we are trying to stick to.  If we sacrifice a few games along the way to get players playing on instinct, fine, I'll take that long term - but it does make games like the last one very frustrating to watch.

Like under Brown, no team we have played has seemed beyond us.

The Lincoln game I can see that there is some debate you could have about what needed to change, but Saturday's game was the first time I think bad tactical decisions were made that seemed obviously wrong.  To my previous point, if that is to ensure consistency of selection and tactics with longer term gain in mind, fine, but don't spin it another way.

If you extract the Carlisle game, which I do think is fair as he didn't really pick the team or tactics, so it was as if a caretaker was in charge, then he's won 5, drawn 4 and lost 3, which brings it to 1.46 points per game, which would be around the play offs.  If you add the other loss  it is 1.36 points per game, which would be below.  Hopefully, the players become more familiar with the system and improve so we edge more towards and above the 1.46.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:46:01 by RobertT » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:46:31 »

This is what I don't get, batch. And I am not having a dig at you personally so you should not take it as such. (Although I will personally dig at the comment above that about him being forced out over wages, that's proper conspiracy theory bollocks)

Dave is a footballer. Footballer's get injured and spend time not playing as a result. Dave has been injured recently. Even the manager has mentioned his fitness recently.

I'm baffled as to how so many people are ruling out injury/fitness as the cause. It's hardly a leap.

Quite within rights to have a personal dig. I'll only get a bit stroppy Smiley

Ok you are right, I'll concede it *could* be down to fitness. He has certainly been injured.

My opinion is just based on the bits we know, and it goes without saying that there are many explanations:

- Dropped after Cambridge game, rumours of breach of discipline (taxigate)
- Signed two players that can play in his position (Rose, Carroll)
- Talk of "wanting to stay at the club" (I think this was from a Wellens presser)
- Not been near the squad since recovery (and yes he may be off fitness)

Not wanting to argue, just defend my reasoning - which may be wrong -
----
In any case he's been a disappointment/chocolate teapot thus far.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:48:32 »

Wellens has done enough to convince me he should be allowed the rest of the season / summer to so what he wants to do with the team.

He inherited an unbalanced squad, he deserves that at least.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:49:19 »

It was only 3 weeks ago Wellens said in a  post match interview that TD was exactly the player we needed.
A fully fit and firing TD wouldnt be playing in league 2, I think his fitness issues are half the reason we managed to sign him in the summer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 13:49:31 »

Perhaps he’s just shit now?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:20:09 »

Quite within rights to have a personal dig. I'll only get a bit stroppy Smiley

Ok you are right, I'll concede it *could* be down to fitness. He has certainly been injured.

My opinion is just based on the bits we know, and it goes without saying that there are many explanations:

- Dropped after Cambridge game, rumours of breach of discipline (taxigate)
- Signed two players that can play in his position (Rose, Carroll)
- Talk of "wanting to stay at the club" (I think this was from a Wellens presser)
- Not been near the squad since recovery (and yes he may be off fitness)

Not wanting to argue, just defend my reasoning - which may be wrong -
----
In any case he's been a disappointment/chocolate teapot thus far.

Your reasonoing is sound.... the clincher is that Wellens said he asked Toumani if he wanted to go out on loan.... if you're injured, can you really go out on loan  Hmmm
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 14:24:28 »

Your reasonoing is sound.... the clincher is that Wellens said he asked Toumani if he wanted to go out on loan.... if you're injured, can you really go out on loan  Hmmm
He asked him if he wanted to go out on loan to gain match fitness Reg, he’s said god knows how many times he’s training but not up to speed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: