Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Stevenage official match day thread  (Read 57469 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 10:48:51 »

Definitely another Adver cock-up!!  And I quote - Attendance: Charles Breakspear, Referee: 3887!!  Never believe the Adver, the paper has really gone to ground these last couple of years.

Adver confirmed it was a mistake - apologies for posting fake news.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 20:42:01 »

Sol Pryce made the football league team of the week.

One for the stattos: Has an 18 year old, academy graduate, debutant ever done that before. I will guess no, which makes him a 1-in-a-thousand player (league games only).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 20:45:03 »

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wellens starts Pryce from the bench against Woking.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 21:43:19 »

I don't want Pryce to get weighed down by expectation, but he's earned the right to start.

That said he was dead on his feet after 70, and so maybe it would be best to protect him SAF style
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Thursday, November 29, 2018, 22:14:24 »

I'd look to bring him on at around 60/70mins (if the game is 1-0 or 2-0), will be much less pressure for him to repeat his previous but he'll get a nice bit of recognition from the home crowd when he comes on. If he doesn't score, no biggy as hopefully the game is sewn up. If he adds one, it'll only add to his confidence and confirm ours and likely the managers trust in his ability.

On from the start and if he's struggling, it's a big ask to expect him to get the goals. Could set him back because obviously he'll be desperate to fulfil the wishes of the Town faithful.  I agree though he has earned himself a start and a good headache for Wellens.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #395 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 07:45:28 »

I don't want Pryce to get weighed down by expectation, but he's earned the right to start.

That said he was dead on his feet after 70, and so maybe it would be best to protect him SAF style

Give him some game time when there's the opportunity I reckon. He'll probably move back down the pecking order when Woolery and Richards come back, plus we're likely to pick up one or two in the window. It might be a while after that until he gets a lookin again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 08:40:44 »

Depends how seriously we’re taking the Cup.

I’d rather he was full of energy for our next league game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 08:55:24 »

Can't turn your nose up at a potential money spinning 3rd round tie. Could make a difference to who we bring in for January.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 09:04:29 »

Never change a winning team.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 09:46:36 »

I think we can leave it up to the manager to decide, on the basis of seeing the players every day. You know you're not getting paid for all this free consultancy?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 09:54:46 »

I think we can leave it up to the manager to decide, on the basis of seeing the players every day. You know you're not getting paid for all this free consultancy?

Maybe we can..... but what about Power?
REDBUCK

« Reply #401 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 10:31:48 »

Bit late with the first pebble in the pond for today Reg, late night
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 13:06:49 »

There are umpteen ways of looking at it.

From the outside, I’d keep things the same. We played really good football on Tuesday, and we should at least give that the opportunity to continue and gain some momentum.

I know Woking are going well and must be taken seriously, and retaining a winning team clearly indicates that we’re doing so. Dartford were in exactly the same position last year and, by going there with the right attitude, we swept them aside.

The Sunday kick off works well in that we will have had 5 days to recover from Tuesday, and on that basis I expect everyone would be capable of starting again.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 14:05:21 »

Never change a winning team.
Well he did v. Carlisle and we all know how that turned out!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Friday, November 30, 2018, 15:29:55 »

The only way young players are going to get used to playing first team competitive football is by playing in first team competitive games. Fuck all this mollycoddling.
I don't want to get all 'old man', but Pryce is 18 and Twine 19, not babies that need protection..

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: