Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iFollow EFL Streaming Service  (Read 56482 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 08:36:31 »

Good news.  Is that sufficient value for money for season ticket holders?

As a ST holder, I’m not that fussed about VFM to be honest. I’d rather be at a game than watch on TV but it seems ok value for those who have access.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 08:39:30 »

Maybe another benefit is that SKY can distribute some income to the lower league clubs from this thus top up the shortfall from the Gate receipts.

As others have said a decent outcome despite these awful times.
It’s going to get some getting used to though watching it on TV when you go to all the home and away matches. I will miss my away day adventures with my lads.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 08:56:27 »

Living in Spain, I had a season ticket for ifollow last year. The stream was always good and the only issues were overuse of replays and the commentary being a second or two behind the play.

I watch every game with my dad. We have made it more realistic by setting the air conditioning to 2 degrees with industrial fans blowing that cold air directly into our eyes. My mum makes us burgers for half time and if the opposition score we gob at her.
If we lose, we both wait out side the apartment and any passing stray cat gets a proper kicking.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 09:24:00 »

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 09:30:17 »

This new sky deal isnt it just ifollow with games that sky would be showing?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:08:11 »

Living in Spain, I had a season ticket for ifollow last year. The stream was always good and the only issues were overuse of replays and the commentary being a second or two behind the play.

I watch every game with my dad. We have made it more realistic by setting the air conditioning to 2 degrees with industrial fans blowing that cold air directly into our eyes. My mum makes us burgers for half time and if the opposition score we gob at her.
If we lose, we both wait out side the apartment and any passing stray cat gets a proper kicking.

I’ve just spat out my earl grey across the dining table.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:53:55 »

That is good news, that sounds like season ticket holders will get access to away games too, even though the ST wouldn't normally cover away matches.

Not sure if that's the case, but if so even better.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:56:46 »

Good point, hopefully that's the case, doesn't make any difference to me as I'm in France for most of the season anyway but it would offset the cost better for those with season tickets than just the home games.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:59:22 »

Not sure he's even joking
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 16:30:47 »

Wonder if this means it'll be Sky's cameras used or Sky are just chucking a bunch of money at iFollow (owned by NeuLion, a company from the USA, I think they are called)? If the more assumed latter, this may mean that iFollow can have no excuses but to invest better in the livecasts of the matchday infrastructure.

With many more eyes (literally) on their performance, a good, efficient and responsive customer service chat would be at least the minimum. Troubleshooting will need to be pretty on the ball too (things like a well synced commentary). People won't accept the poor level of service that has been provided to date, and let's face it they are offering a premium service so all of the parts produced should be of a consistent quality.

Thinking this may even become a more long term option, as once you open the gates on more "armchair" availability it is difficult to go back, I wonder if a company like PremierSPorts/FreeSports would go after a streaming contract. They already have some rights to 3pm Premier League matches  Hmmm. From what I saw recently, via their online player, they not only had some ok commentary but the stream was available upto 1080p, with zero issues. Who owns FreeSports? I wonder if they used to be Santana (or whatever), just going by the branding/colours?

They have some quite high profile sponsor contracts via their ads so must have a decent bit of budgie and stream La Liga too. iFollow (NeuLion) would be wise to up their game because surely Premier/Free Sports would be sniffing at grabbing the rights to produce and stream for L1&L2?

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 14:57:46 »

Just a quick heads up, if last week was anything to go by it looks like the carabao cup can only be viewed from the UK.

I searched a few forums and overseas viewers with an active account were only able to get the audio.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #86 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 14:59:03 »

Just a quick heads up, if last week was anything to go by it looks like the carabao cup can only be viewed from the UK.

I searched a few forums and overseas viewers with an active account were only able to get the audio.
Really? thats a bit shit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:02:12 »

that makes sense of those who couldn't see a price for a match day pass.

wonder why. rights issue I assume but...

anyway 'foreigners', get your VPNs out.
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:13:22 »

ifollow never used to show the efl cup as sky had the rights - I think sky did a deal as no fans are able to go with a UK only clause maybe?

Here is the Mansfield and Blackburn forum from Saturday.

https://www.stagsnet.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37328&start=25

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/forums/topic/32275-ifollow-thread/&page=42
Flashheart

« Reply #89 on: Monday, August 31, 2020, 15:15:27 »

they can just fuck right off.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: