Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Zzzzz Swindon v Colchester Zzzzzz  (Read 24743 times)
woolster

« Reply #105 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 22:44:50 »

Well, I'm not sure how a 5 goal game can be the opposite of a thriller, but it was.

First half was low quality. Its true to say we were as bad as each other. So 1-1 probably fair but extremely  frustrating we conceeded in the last seconds of the half. From a set piece.

And from a set piece again in the second. Though we scored from a corner too.

Poor old Iandolo has been turned into a left back. I like him, he's got promise. And he did OK. Until he got caught out of position for the winner. Because he's not a left back. Unlike Taylor.

Fuck knows what the second half formation was supposed to be. Presumably Goddard and Mullin supporting him. I don't think the players knew WTF was supposed to be happening either. Woolery isolated up front, fuck all help from midfield and a not too convincing defence. If that was the plan they aced it.

Oh and Goddard was shite tonight.
did they announce the att this time
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 22:46:39 »

did they announce the att this time

6020, seemed smaller to me but it can sometimes be hard to tell
woolster

« Reply #107 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 22:48:01 »

6020, seemed smaller to me but it can sometimes be hard to tell
cheers Batch
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 22:48:10 »

They said 6,020 but I find that very difficult to believe

Things get better but they never get good
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 23:05:52 »

Pro Problem is I don’t want him to allow Flitcroft to do restructuring, it’s clear this is his style of play and it’s equally as shit to watch as Williams. Worst thing is we aren’t even building for the future as there’s no one you can see playing for us for any length of time. Only we could go from one extreme to the polar opposite, assuming Flitcrofts interview was his usual bollocks using all the buzzwords in the managers handbook.
Flitcroft pretty unrepentant in the interview. When asked about creativity, he said we scored two goals and that should be enough to win if we stop giving goals away.

Sent from my HTC U11
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #110 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 23:11:23 »

What a pile of shite. I couldn't pick a mom. Colchester were another shit side to beat us. Defensively we were a joke. The midfield was shit and the attack had no service. To concede 3 goals to a team as shit as Colchester is beyond shite. Yet again we have no leadership or midfield. Despite 5 goals that game was devoid of any quality or entertainment. It doesn't look good. Lucky I have had beer.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 23:20:18 »

Just saw their second again. Vigs should be saving that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, December 15, 2017, 23:39:02 »

What a pile of shite. I couldn't pick a mom. Colchester were another shit side to beat us. Defensively we were a joke. The midfield was shit and the attack had no service. To concede 3 goals to a team as shit as Colchester is beyond shite. Yet again we have no leadership or midfield. Despite 5 goals that game was devoid of any quality or entertainment. It doesn't look good. Lucky I have had beer.

I love your match reports Chalks. Reminds me of Roger Mellie from Viz  Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 00:01:27 »

At least Saturday isn’t ‘ruined!’ Our home form is a joke. Second worst to Sunderland in 2017 apparently.

How many goals has Vigs conceded since he’s come back into the side? Surely no coincidence that we look shambolic.

Sadly another home defeat is just another shrug of the shoulders rather than it being the end of the world.

Enjoy your Christmas shopping folks.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 00:46:53 »

Reading back through the comments I saw exactly the same as anyone who was at the game, defence shaky as hell, midfield non existent for long periods, and a forward (and I use the word singularly as Woollery was on his own a great deal of the time) getting very little out of a large uncompromising centre half.

The team does not work hard enough, wins very few "second" balls, cannot seem to make the ball "stick" and often are far too late to react when the opposition are in possession. Currently we are a shambles all over the place, no finesse, very little skill, even less organisation and bloody awful to watch.

Incidentally the crowd figure given (which obviously includes all the ST holders) had to be a joke as the empty seats all around the ground pointed to far less in actual attendance, so the rational decision to move the game probably back-fired rather badly.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 00:59:52 »

Well I've had a good night.  Went to see Pete Tong and the Heritage Orchestra Ibiza Classics at the 02.  Absolutely brilliant.

Clearly the same can't be said for tonight's performance considering we've lost again.  Home record is nothing short of pathetic.  Lose the next game and in my opinion, Flitcroft needs to go.  Get a new manager in before the January transfer window closes.  No point giving more money to a manager who seemingly is taking us nowhere.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 01:20:07 »

Sat in bed after a consuming a considerable amount of vodka and still haven't thawed out properly.

Fuck me, fair play to anyone who brought their kids along tonight.
Die hards of the future hopefully.
That was a sub 5k attendance tonight.
Must be counting ST holders regardless. If Arsenal can do it then so can we.

I knew that we would concede from that corner at the end of the first half.
The sarcastic "oh yessss" crew were in attendance in the DRS, so the result was a foregone conclusion.

Just don't look like scoring from open play at the moment which is a concern.
Woolery motm for me. Nothing to lose in just giving him a run in the side.
I like Smith, but he seems to come across as disinterested for some reason. Not been mentioned as having an injury so who knows.

Anderson completely anonymous in the first half.
Disappointing from a self confessed "winner".
Hussey is a big miss and his unresponsive groin has completely upset the balance of this team.

Just no tempo tonight at all.
I keep expecting a big hand to just reach down and pick Linganzi up by the scruff of the neck, give him a good shake and shout "for fucks sake man, you are much better than this".
Late in the second half, has possession, first time ball on to the right back in loads of space. Nope, takes that extra touch. Frustration.

A decent tempo should be set from the keeper.
Not from Lawrence though, just play the game at your own pace son, nobody will mind.

Sorry for rambling & I could go on.
Goddard, my word, having played in the Conference he must be prepared for the physicality at this level.
Not a bit of it, has he been set back by the previous coaching regime? There is a decent player in there somewhere.
Felt sorry for Iandolo. Promising player, played out of position but must have had some friends & family amongst the match sponsors.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 01:50:12 »

Well I've had a good night.  Went to see Pete Tong and the Heritage Orchestra Ibiza Classics at the 02.  Absolutely brilliant.

Clearly the same can't be said for tonight's performance considering we've lost again.  Home record is nothing short of pathetic.  Lose the next game and in my opinion, Flitcroft needs to go.  Get a new manager in before the January transfer window closes.  No point giving more money to a manager who seemingly is taking us nowhere.

Flitters is doing OK. I'm with Flasher, give him a chance to do something in the window and see where it leads. When he came in the summer it was a very difficult job, essentially rebuild a club heading for the Conference. Power can say he's providing a budget for promotion, but he's not doing anything different to the likes of ColU. I'm confident that Flitters won't take us down.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 08:54:05 »

"
Flitters is doing OK. I'm with Flasher, give him a chance to do something in the window and see where it leads. When he came in the summer it was a very difficult job, essentially rebuild a club heading for the Conference. Power can say he's providing a budget for promotion, but he's not doing anything different to the likes of ColU. I'm confident that Flitters won't take us down.
[/quoEte]"

Yes. He's inspiring, produces great football. Entertaining and organised. Is really building the foundations for a new generation to follow the club. Even listening to him talk, you know that everything is going to be OK. He's the best thing to happen to STFC since Ken Beamish.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, December 16, 2017, 09:57:13 »

They said 6,020 but I find that very difficult to believe
includes all the season ticket holders, and there a lot of those missing tonight!  Actual attendees probably closer to 5,500.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: