Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 382065 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 13:13:40 »

Watkins made it clear in the interview his involvement is solely with the ground purchase...
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:13:05 »

Maybe Black is coming back into the fold?...maybe this is the "other news" Bilko was on about?

More chance in my mum getting involved than Andrew Black. He washed his washed his hands good and proper. He'll be sticking to his horses
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:33:42 »

More chance in my mum getting involved than Andrew Black. He washed his washed his hands good and proper. He'll be sticking to his horses
If he's sticking to his horses, should probably think about washing his hands more thoroughly ...
Townend80

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 15:45:51 »

If he's sticking to his horses, should probably think about washing his hands more thoroughly ...
hahaha
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 16:42:13 »

Watkins made it clear in the interview his involvement is solely with the ground purchase...

They all say that Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 20:36:36 »

Fairly decent turn out - 80-90 people I reckon.

Not going to go over it all but the main points are:
  - Red Army fund being used for costs for things to be put in place for the ground purchase (legals, etc etc)
  - Community share scheme to launch in September. IF I understand it right:
       - they will be looking for deposits on "Lump sum" share come September. Can either stop Red Army and switch or pay cash and continue with red army, whatever.
       -  it will be a one share one vote system on matters relating to the ground - if its purchased. Doesn't matter whether you put in the min or max (20K), everyone is equal
       - seems the money will be held in some sort of Escrow or  ring fenced savings account to be returned (or donated if you prefer) should things not go well in the purchase - though they are confident we can pull this off
       - one potential downside - and please double and triple check me on this (and don't quote me) as I may be well off and no details have been provided on payment timeframe/terms - is that a community share is typically £500-£1000.
  - Any purchase of the ground WOULD include the stadium
  - Myton (mitton not mighton) speaks quite well for a Project Manager Wink
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #216 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 09:37:45 »

£500 probably prices me out.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 09:49:37 »

Nothing to prevent a small group clubbing together for a share.

Is there any expectation of any return on this 'investment' or is it really a donation by another name.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 09:58:35 »

Nothing to prevent a small group clubbing together for a share.

Is there any expectation of any return on this 'investment' or is it really a donation by another name.
Not sure about this scheme, but from other similar schemes, technically it would be tradable/sellable but you would need to find someone willing to buy it from you. Which you may do, but unlikely to be at more than you paid for it. That's unless the Trust finds itself in a similar situation as the Pompey Trust e.g. a buyer comes in and offers to buy the club but on condition that he can buy the ground too. That would need to be approved by a (straight or defined %age?) majority of the shareholders and possibly offers a small premium on the shares as a sweetener. Then you might make some dosh. But tbh, it's more likely to be investing in the club in the same way as we expect the majority of the big money investors to invest - to improve the condition of the club/team, but with no real expectation of a tangible financial return
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:00:34 »

http://communityshares.org.uk/find-out-more/guidance-supporters

In the main no and yes.

I wonder what would happen (to the shares) if the site / ground was bought by the Trust, then a few years down the line was sold (for whatever reason, but to the benefit of the club e.g. move to another site) at say twice the price paid.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:10:28 »

Good link that, Bob. Cheers.

One more thing. If the Trust are looking to buy the site off the council and are also looking to buy the actual ground, who gets the proceeds of the infrastructure sale - does the club, therefore Power, own that?

And I presume the Trust will then be responsible for the maintenance of the CG which should leave more cash in the club, hopefully to spend on football related things
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:22:27 »

In terms of security of the club it's a good move but my main concern here is that we will now spend the next 20 years in an increasingly dilapidated stadium as a result.

Ashton Gate cost £45 million to redevelop and with the best will in the world there's no chance the Trust would ever raise that sort of money, that kind of redevelopment will only happen under a rich owner (we can wish).

So what happens with improving the ground and by that I don't mean putting a roof on the existing Stratton Bank stand as that is a complete waste of money in my opinion. To bring the ground up to standard at the very least we need a new stand to replace The Townend and a new stand to replace the Stratton Bank and also desperately need executive boxes so based on the logistics of the ground the Arkell's Stand needs doing as well. So whilst I'm for the purchase in the short term I struggle to see any significant improvements being made to it under this kind of ownership.

I know previous Trust Boards did some redevelopment plans but it was never really clear where the money would come from....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:28:26 »

In terms of security of the club it's a good move but my main concern here is that we will now spend the next 20 years in an increasingly dilapidated stadium as a result.

Ashton Gate cost £45 million to redevelop and with the best will in the world there's no chance the Trust would ever raise that sort of money, that kind of redevelopment will only happen under a rich owner (we can wish).

So what happens with improving the ground and by that I don't mean putting a roof on the existing Stratton Bank stand as that is a complete waste of money in my opinion. To bring the ground up to standard at the very least we need a new stand to replace The Townend and a new stand to replace the Stratton Bank and also desperately need executive boxes so based on the logistics of the ground the Arkell's Stand needs doing as well. So whilst I'm for the purchase in the short term I struggle to see any significant improvements being made to it under this kind of ownership.

I know previous Trust Boards did some redevelopment plans but it was never really clear where the money would come from....

You realise that if SBC are looking to offload the CG, then if the Trust fail under the Community Asset ruling, they can flog it to a developer after I believe 6 months?

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:45:08 »

How much £££ do the trust think they will get the county ground for?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Thursday, May 25, 2017, 10:50:59 »

Fine if plenty of funding to spare but not quite so clear of the benefits to the Trust of owning the ground/stands itself?

There is only one feasible tenant (STFC) and if the tenant falls behind with the rent, goes into administration etc then the Trust is saddled with the health and safety and other compliance issues.  If the club did fall behind or go into administration then the Trust would be in an ideal position to acquire the ground infrastructure very cheaply as it wouldn't be much use to any other creditor/buyer.  If the club reliably undertook to improve the ground then the Trust could indeed assist with rental holidays or lease variations.

The only reasons to want the ground/stands I can think of would be

1   if the Trust may in the future have a decent share in a development gain - shareable only with SBC - and with STFC etc having no say or negotiating position beyond any lease to it
2   if this is somehow required as part of a Community Share Scheme

Not sure that Audrey's idea of the club having more money to spend on players etc is the answer as profits would end up going into Power's (or new owner's) pocket.  At least the TRust would have influence I suppose.  I see the ground purchase as an STFC tits up rescue scenario (AFC Wimbledon) or as a stepping stone to fan ownership (Portsmouth)

I guess this is more Trust / Mytton territory but any clarifications would be interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: