Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shrewsbury vs Swindon official matchday thread  (Read 27554 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, October 1, 2016, 22:40:03 »

I like this.
Also that spoof Bill Murray thing should be true. He should buy Power out and bring in Russell Crowe as a dictator.

I made a slight improvement.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 00:48:38 »

That's definitely the reason we got relegated during Onuora's season yeah

I used to angst about it....on the one hand, I could see Iffy was chilling, getting out amongst the tbf few Town fans, whom appreciated his and Reeeeves presence, or on the other, I wondered whether he might have been better off being at home watching videos of opponents, and maybe embracing Zen meditation.

When I saw Reeeeves making a basic attempt at pulling, I was decided....the management weren't taking it seriously. If you can't even do that what hope of a result away at Layer Road?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 07:06:29 »

Williams just got out his little book of excuses again
So what did he say?

Whenever I've heard his post-match interviews, he's usually spot-on with his assessments and does not shy away from the negatives. His problem so far is not being able to rectify the negatives he's identified.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 07:18:39 »

So what did he say?

Whenever I've heard his post-match interviews, he's usually spot-on with his assessments and does not shy away from the negatives. His problem so far is not being able to rectify the negatives he's identified.

Apparently, we shot ourselves in the foot while "chasing the game" at 1-0 up!  No, me neither!  Hmmm

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/14776946.Williams_calls_for_more_control_after_sacrificing_goal_advantage/?ref=mr&lp=3
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:02:14 »

only problem I have with Williams being on the piss the night before  is potentially it sets a poor example to the players.

but who knows what the occasion was and I'm sure the players know their responsible.
---------

think in his interview he was saying we were chasing a goal to kill off the game. understandable though isn't it, we can't sit back on a 1 goal lead because we can't defend..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:21:02 »

Get a midfield of Doughty, Murray and Goddard, sign Ajose again, bin Kasim and we're good to go!
Flashheart

« Reply #126 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:22:32 »

I've voiced my lack of confidence in Williams but his comment about going for another goal is perfectly reasonable. Would people prefer we got a goal and then sat back to defend it? His interview in general was fine and he was not afraid to reaslise what the problem was, he was not making excuses. By all means be critical but why try and twist things unnecessarily? What's the point in that?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #127 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:29:10 »

By all means be critical but why try and twist things unnecessarily? What's the point in that?
Because its the Swindon way....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:45:05 »

Listened to BBC Shropshire on the way back.
Probably the most reasonable summary was "two poor teams lacking in confidence, both were there for the taking and both lacking the know how to win the game".
Not sure about the "Swindon are a team that we should be beating" comment though.

Disappointing that we couldn't get the second goal in the first half when in control.
Conceding following our own corner kick is depressing.

They were better in the second half and closed down more. A fussy ref meant no flow to the game which was to their advantage.
Note to their home crowd, that following rule change, free kicks for offside can be given in the opposition half now.
Lot of wasted energy in giving the ref stick for a correct decision.

Anyway positives were Goddard getting off the mark. The midfield will probably need to chip in with 15-20 goals between them this season, as the strikers will do well to get 12-15 on current form.
One three point conversion from Norris when everyone was willing him to get in on target.
Wish Jon would just put his foot through it sometimes as the scuffed side foot grass cutter from distance isn't working.

Three free kicks in dangerous positions, which at least this time were shared around.
Kasim's effort predictably went sailing over the bar, Goddard and Murray both deflected for corners.

Still, one defeat in three sounds better than one win in seven league games.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:48:00 »

think in his interview he was saying we were chasing a goal to kill off the game. understandable though isn't it, we can't sit back on a 1 goal lead because we can't defend..

So, we concede if we try to defend a one goal lead, and concede if we try to go for the second. It's gonna be a right laugh, this season. Sigh.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 08:50:46 »

thanks for the report.

I can understand the 'should beat' comment if you put it into the context of an expected relegation battle, at home, playing a team currently struggling for goals, wins and clean sheets.

perhaps 'need to beat' would be better.

I'm off to look to up new offside rules.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 09:00:45 »

OK, I'm confused by the wording of the offside.

the offside position is obviously where the player was when the ball was kicked.

so is it the the free kick given where the player is when the ref blows, rather than where he was stood when the back was kicked?
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 09:09:37 »

OK, I'm confused by the wording of the offside.

the offside position is obviously where the player was when the ball was kicked.

so is it the the free kick given where the player is when the ref blows, rather than where he was stood when the back was kicked?

Yesterday their forward was flagged for playing the ball after coming back from an offside position, he played the ball a couple of yards in his own half which is where the free kick was given. So it's from where the ball is played by the offside player.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 10:17:38 »

As for our 'strikers' - I'd go for Norris every time over Delfouneso. At least has had chances and shots. I can't remember Delfouneso having either.

Saying that, I'd still give Hylton a go. Not a fan of playing, essentially, 2 CFs as strike partners.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, October 2, 2016, 10:26:42 »

Give Hylton a go on Tuesday night and see what he does.. with 2 goals in 11 league games from our strikers it can't get much worse?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: