Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Official #BteamBoycott Match Day Thread  (Read 113157 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 21:39:12 »

I don't even want to know about your shame, but I bet it's beer fueled!
My shame was related to the fact I hoped we'd lose tonight... it feels wrong.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 21:39:37 »

At least we can concentrate on the league
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 22:25:14 »

At least we can concentrate on the league

Erm...staying up...

Clems Army!
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, December 6, 2016, 23:57:32 »

My shame was related to the fact I hoped we'd lose tonight... it feels wrong.
Good.  It is wrong

Sent from my SM-G935F
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #664 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 01:43:51 »

I was at the Darlington game, but certainly not there tonight.
Ditto!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 11:49:06 »

So last night, although the fans didn't want to take it seriously I thought the club wanted to so the lineup was a surprise.

The new signing is a proper head bang and I am more than willing to write him off after just 1 game. Grin We look for experience and get a carbon copy of what we have with even less experience. That's what we do. The absolute spitting image of furlong. Fits the bill of being able to pass side ways and back but under any pressure looked terrible. Couple of decent crosses and certainly has pace but after the seasons we have had I would just love to sign a defender that can defend.

Positives:
Evans at right back, never seen him before. Looked very good.
Goddard was alright.  
Norris very good finish in pretty much his only chance of the game.
Ilandolo- games usually pass him by when I see him but he came on and made an impact- good running and a top strike.

Negatives:
Furlong at centre back, not his fault, just not a centre back.
You take half the first team out and the replacements play exactly the same. For a team that wants passing as their trade mark, the amount of misplaced passes is truely unbelievable.

Luton weren't too bad not sure if they made wholesale changes or not. Josh McQuid upfront, racked up plenty of goals in higher leagues and a 600k transfer previously.

With the likes of Evans, tom smith and Ilandolo it does seem like we have some decent youth pushing on. One last thing about the crowd, that attendance was way off. Electronic readers were "down" last night so they reverted to tally marks. The kid behind the kiosk struggled to take £5.30 off £6.00 and in the end gave me 80p and just stood there confused before I helped him out.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:03:13 »

So last night, although the fans didn't want to take it seriously I thought the club wanted to so the lineup was a surprise.

Power isn't stupid, he knows that putting on these games is costing the club money....hence what is undoubtedly the weakest starting XI in STFC history. That it presumably is within the rules is a bit worrying. Luton I believe were fined last time for a weakened side.

It was the right call. We need no distractions against the relegation battle.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:06:12 »

The new signing is a proper head bang and I am more than willing to write him off after just 1 game. Grin We look for experience and get a carbon copy of what we have with even less experience. That's what we do. The absolute spitting image of furlong. Fits the bill of being able to pass side ways and back but under any pressure looked terrible. Couple of decent crosses and certainly has pace but after the seasons we have had I would just love to sign a defender that can defend.

Positives:
Evans at right back, never seen him before. Looked very good.
Goddard was alright. 
Norris very good finish in pretty much his only chance of the game.
Ilandolo- games usually pass him by when I see him but he came on and made an impact- good running and a top strike.

Negatives:
Furlong at centre back, not his fault, just not a centre back.
You take half the first team out and the replacements play exactly the same. For a team that wants passing as their trade mark, the amount of misplaced passes is truely unbelievable.

Luton weren't too bad not sure if they made wholesale changes or not. Josh McQuid upfront, racked up plenty of goals in higher leagues and a 600k transfer previously.

With the likes of Evans, tom smith and Ilandolo it does seem like we have some decent youth pushing on. One last thing about the crowd, that attendance was way off. Electronic readers were "down" last night so they reverted to tally marks. The kid behind the kiosk struggled to take £5.30 off £6.00 and in the end gave me 80p and just stood there confused before I helped him out.

Thing is defenders who can defend and pass are not likely to be knocking about in division 3.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:51:47 »

Thing is defenders who can defend and pass are not likely to be knocking about in division 3.

Is that really asking for too much? I'm not talking about a defender to spray 40 yard passes. Instead of signing young full backs with flare and pace, an actual proper defender. I don't care if they cant overlap, cross, play long balls and have pace. Just a player to defend. We have had enough in the past and they are littered throughout the lower leagues. I refuse to believe they are unaffordable.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 12:52:24 »

Luton weren't too bad not sure if they made wholesale changes or not.

10 changes according to a Luton f'wit on Twitter. Can't be arsed to check it.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #670 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 13:00:20 »

Thanks for bothering to take the time to write up a short report, always good to hear how our young uns are doing in the first team.

As for Josh McQuoid, might be stretching it a bit far saying he has scored plenty in higher division as he only scored 2 goals in the Championship Wink he scored a couple in higher leagues but most of his goals have come in our league and lower, he has only scored 22 goals in total in 200 games.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 13:03:15 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #671 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 14:09:50 »

I see your point and it's hard to disagree, but for good or bad, we want defenders who can play a bit and not just your average lower league brick shithouse.

However frustrating it is, I think the approach is to be commended. I was going to say that the last decent CB we had - that was ours and not a loan - was Flint, but I can't remember much finesse about his game tbh.

What is annoying is the seeming reluctance to try and produce our own defenders through the youth team - it's all midfielders. Having a new CB pairing every new season hinders development of the team.

Get that Pierre fella from Wycombe and groom him for ourselves instead of developing someone for another club's benefit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 14:43:02 »

Thanks for bothering to take the time to write up a short report, always good to hear how our young uns are doing in the first team.

As for Josh McQuoid, might be stretching it a bit far saying he has scored plenty in higher division as he only scored 2 goals in the Championship Wink he scored a couple in higher leagues but most of his goals have come in our league and lower, he has only scored 22 goals in total in 200 games.

I seem to remember McQuoid having one of those purple patches at Bormuff, perhaps the Eddie Howe effect. Probably where the 600K came in.....the fella at Scunny, Morris seems to be doing similar.

However I may have imagined the McQuoid thing...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 15:03:17 »

Is that really asking for too much? I'm not talking about a defender to spray 40 yard passes. Instead of signing young full backs with flare and pace, an actual proper defender. I don't care if they cant overlap, cross, play long balls and have pace. Just a player to defend. We have had enough in the past and they are littered throughout the lower leagues. I refuse to believe they are unaffordable.

The sort of thing you'd like is another Sol Davis...who of course left us for the Hatters and played a fair bit for them. Sol never scored for us but could defend if a bit over robust at times.....seem to remember him getting sent off playing for Hatters in the infamous Danson in the Dark match.

Sol's finest hour was probably man marking Defoe out of the game when we drew 1-1 with them in 01/02. Defoe on loan at Dean Court form the Hammers had scored in something like 12 or 13 successive games, this was his first blank.  Eddie Howe played for them.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 15:50:34 »

The sort of thing you'd like is another Sol Davis...who of course left us for the Hatters and played a fair bit for them. Sol never scored for us but could defend if a bit over robust at times.....seem to remember him getting sent off playing for Hatters in the infamous Danson in the Dark match.

Sol's finest hour was probably man marking Defoe out of the game when we drew 1-1 with them in 01/02. Defoe on loan at Dean Court form the Hammers had scored in something like 12 or 13 successive games, this was his first blank.  Eddie Howe played for them.
Probably been posted here before but this is well worth a watch. Sol in a nutshell

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48   Go Up
Print
Jump to: