Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 59673 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 09:00:45 »

3-0 loss im afraid cant remember last time we won there. Bad Mood
no doubt someone will get sent off.

If anyone gets sent off its a close call between Jones and Thompson.

As for last winning there, we have never won at the Kassam ever we have lost our last 5 games at Oxford the last win being in 2001 a 2-0 with Turbo Robinson scoring both goals on his debut.

That was our only win at the Pox in 9 meetings with us losing every other game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 09:37:17 »

If anyone gets sent off its a close call between Jones and Thompson.

As for last winning there, we have never won at the Kassam ever we have lost our last 5 games at Oxford the last win being in 2001 a 2-0 with Turbo Robinson scoring both goals on his debut.

It's not that bad....just the last 4.

Of course, that may change today. We're unsuited to the muck and nettles needed for derby matches, and if we try to do it will get players sent off.  Better to treat it like any other game.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 09:46:34 »

Feeling optimistic for a draw as defence is looking good still can`t work out who is going to score goals this season - is Yasser playing? 1-1

Bathtime
Peter Venkman

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 09:47:19 »

It's not that bad....just the last 4.

Of course, that may change today. We're unsuited to the muck and nettles needed for derby matches, and if we try to do it will get players sent off.  Better to treat it like any other game.
Yeah that was a typo my bad I meant to put 4 there in a row and 5 defeats in a row vs them (after effects of yesterdays anaesthetic is my excuse!), still 1 win and 8 defeats in the last 9 matches there does not make good reading.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:11:17 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:14:43 »

They really are an angry bitter bunch of sad bastards.

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/24460/oufc-swindon-town-matchday-thread

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:28:59 »

Yeah that was a typo my bad I meant to put 4 there in a row and 5 defeats in a row vs them (after effects of yesterdays anaesthetic is my excuse!), still 1 win and 8 defeats in the last 9 matches there does not make good reading.

It's not great, but there are plenty of other clubs in this league where we've a similar terrible record or even worse. Take the Pikeys, we've 1 win in 38 league games at Priestfield.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:32:34 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:42:19 »

2-0 defeat.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 10:51:26 »

It's not great, but there are plenty of other clubs in this league where we've a similar terrible record or even worse. Take the Pikeys, we've 1 win in 38 league games at Priestfield.
The day after Boxing Day in 86,  that was my first visit to the shithole of Priestfield.

Although we have drawn there 4 times in the last 7 meetings there that is a poor record.

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 11:04:38 »

Pox 0-1 Town

JSW bullet header from a perfectly delivered corner.

Unbelievable Jeff!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 11:05:40 »

The day after Boxing Day in 86,  that was my first visit to the shithole of Priestfield.

Although we have drawn there 4 times in the last 7 meetings there that is a poor record.

It's very difficult to explain such a poor record at a ground, but undoubtedly there is something about the long trip east to the Medway towns, and the shithole that is Priestfield,  that has a negative effect on our heroes.

Our overall record at the Manor was OK 6 defeats in 24 league games, 2 out of 3 wins in cups.

It's a bit early to say the soulless shithole that is the Kassam has some sort of negative impact on our young chaps....but it's almost like the negative effect is felt by the Oxford players for the rest of the season, but the game v Town lifts the burden off their shoulders.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 11:28:58 »

Hope we win, think we'll draw, fear we might lose.

Have always thought that these games seem to mean more to them (fans and players) than it does to us, I guess because they have mostly been inferior.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 12:32:46 »

They really are an angry bitter bunch of sad bastards.

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/thread/24460/oufc-swindon-town-matchday-thread

"I have never been as angry as the smoke bomb incident"

Amazing.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 12:34:31 »

Have to say that 2 pages of pre match thread at 1.30 is piss poor for this game.
Hopefully a good result will rekindle some interest.
On board no 5 bus after a very nice large Belvedere vodka for the road.

Lets do this .

Disappointment is not an option today.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
EldeneRed

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 12:50:20 »

Have to say that 2 pages of pre match thread at 1.30 is piss poor for this game.
Hopefully a good result will rekindle some interest.
On board no 5 bus after a very nice large Belvedere vodka for the road.

Lets do this .

Disappointment is not an option today.

I can imagine a lot of people are heading to, or otherwise preparing for the game.

Hoping for a win, 1 - 3. Although I had a crazy dream we won it 2 - 8 the other night.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, September 10, 2016, 13:00:33 »

TOWN STARTING XI | Vigouroux; Furlong, N Thompson (C), Jones; Barry, Rodgers, Thomas, Doughty, Ormonde-Ottewill; Goddard; Norris. #STFC 🔴⚪️
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: