Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Next England Manager  (Read 72723 times)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 21:09:43 »

Oooh lets get JFH in assuming QPR now have to bin him off
StfcRusty

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 21:56:59 »

Bit of a coincidence. This was published 18/09

* image.jpeg (597.16 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 288 times.)
Flashheart

« Reply #242 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 22:34:40 »

JFH caught on tape saying: "Give me a player"

You're busted mate.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 23:00:17 »

Massimo Cellino? Strike me down with a feather.
Hopefully this will provide the opportunity to do what the League should have done when he first tried to get involved and ban him from English football for good,
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Wednesday, September 28, 2016, 23:11:27 »

Hopefully this will provide the opportunity to do what the League should have done when he first tried to get involved and ban him from English football for good,

Hang on didn't the football authorities try to ban him, but were over-ruled by the law of the land which states nothing much should get in the way of making a profit, in the same way Franchise were allowed to come into existence.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 07:32:15 »

Admittedly only based upon a scan of the BBC reporting of the story but it seems to suggest that Cellino basically said invest the equivalent of 20% of the yearly transfer budget into the club by buying shares and you will be entitled to 20% of the returns from that part of the business -sounds like seeking more investment rather than any suggestion of third party ownership. Isn't that essentially what anyone does when they invest in a business although admittedly many fans seem to think owners/investors should throw money in and get nothing out?

Interesting that despite all their crowing in the story about Premier managers the only people named so far are two known to be slightly dodgy high profiles and then a couple of lower league people, appears the Telegraph subscribe to the FA approach and only really go for the small guys?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 07:44:44 »

Interesting that despite all their crowing in the story about Premier managers the only people named so far are two known to be slightly dodgy high profiles and then a couple of lower league people, appears the Telegraph subscribe to the FA approach and only really go for the small guys?
I think you'll find there's plenty more to come, they're building the story, aren't they spreading it out over 10 days or something? If they go with all the high profile stuff right from the outset, who's going to bother to read about the Barnsely assistant manager on day 10?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:19:02 »

thing is, I bet there is a fair chance this kind of stuff is ingrained and regularly happened  historically across the leagues.

even at stfc:
Remember Colin Todd, Kim Heielberg and the crap squad...

Didn't PDC originally have a preferred agent (may be wrong).
-+---
doesn't make it right, obviously
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:21:25 »

thing is, I bet there is a fair chance this kind of stuff is ingrained and regularly happened  historically across the leagues.

even at stfc:
Remember Colin Todd, Kim Heielberg and the crap squad...

Didn't PDC originally have a preferred agent (may be wrong).
-+---
doesn't make it right, obviously

Phil Spencer is the chap you're thinking of - not Kirsty's one.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:25:42 »

I thought Spencer was acting  the clubs agent.

I had a vague memory that the early session dross pdc  Spunked money on came from the same guy (not Spencer)

I'm probably totally and utterly wrong then...
Panda Paws

« Reply #250 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:27:32 »

A royal Household worker who took £100,000 in Bribes has just got 5 years for it.

Big Sam was going to take 4 times that amount & gets £1m pay-off.

What? You do know what a bribe is right? The £400k was for a job he was going to do (public speaking etc) and he said he would have to seek approval from the FA. Hardly the same is it.

Not defending the guy's stupidity, but that's a huge (wrong) jump in logic.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:43:37 »

Hang on didn't the football authorities try to ban him, but were over-ruled by the law of the land which states nothing much should get in the way of making a profit, in the same way Franchise were allowed to come into existence.
I know, I know but I live in hope
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 08:44:45 »

I thought Spencer was acting  the clubs agent.

I had a vague memory that the early session dross pdc  Spunked money on came from the same guy (not Spencer)
Well wasn't that the problem? That he was working both sides of the fence? And that the players he/Di Canio signed up were shit.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:04:03 »

Seem to remember that Spencer, via one of his associates, said that all of the shit that PDC brought in for his first team were nothing to do with him - Atiku/Risser/Comazzi/Chibbochi/Lanzano/Gabilondo/Esajas etc.

But then, anyone would say that if your name was connected to that list.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Thursday, September 29, 2016, 09:12:09 »

Seem to remember that Spencer, via one of his associates, said that all of the shit that PDC brought in for his first team were nothing to do with him - Atiku/Risser/Comazzi/Chibbochi/Lanzano/Gabilondo/Esajas etc.

But then, anyone would say that if your name was connected to that list.

Woah I am not standing for that Chibbochi and Lanzano were class (or at least played like they wanted to be here  Wink)

Seriously though, from recollection was it one of those two who seemed genuinely gutted to be leaving?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: