Poll
Question: What to do?
Throw it in the sandwich, it adds to the texture - 12 (21.4%)
Cut off the crust to get to the good stuff below - 41 (73.2%)
Throw it all away and buy some more, you chav - 3 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 51

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This is a poll about cheese  (Read 5423 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 18:23:04 »

Garstang Blue is a very good Stilton substitute or if cost is an issue Danish Blue seems very cheap and suitably strong!

Not so much the cost, more preferring to eat a good Stilton on its own.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 18:23:45 »

My concern was that the TEF might regard bunging prime Stilton into a soup as sacrilegious.

This is a rather contentious issue in Chez Horlock as Mrs Horlock07 is an experimental soup maker like Mr Smeeton. Whilst this enthusiasm and imagination is appreciated (except when it involves Butternut Squash!)she does have a habit of putting my newly bought Stilton (or other if a deal was available) in such creations so when I finally get excited about eating the cheese its bloody gone!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 18:39:41 »

This is a rather contentious issue in Chez Horlock as Mrs Horlock07 is an experimental soup maker like Mr Smeeton. Whilst this enthusiasm and imagination is appreciated (except when it involves Butternut Squash!)she does have a habit of putting my newly bought Stilton (or other if a deal was available) in such creations so when I finally get excited about eating the cheese its bloody gone!

Yes, it somehow felt wrong.
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 18:45:34 »

Well 2 people so far have voted to throw away some perfectly good cheese. Now THAT is sacrilege.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 18:54:58 »

FROMAGICIDE

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2016, 21:04:52 »

I had a really big think about this before I voted!
Amir

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 00:01:04 »

Well 2 people so far have voted to throw away some perfectly good cheese. Now THAT is sacrilege.

Where's the throw it away and don't buy any more option? Put some English mustard on it, stop trying to be French.

For the record, mozzarella is the best cheese, all the rest is gone off milk.
Talk Talk

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 19:44:03 »

For the record, mozzarella is the best cheese, all the rest is gone off milk.

Crash

Sainsbury's Somerset goats cheese. Stick that on yer crackers mate.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 20:53:25 »

If you didn't hate him already Ian Wright is trying to place stinky cheese into Room 101 on the BBC at the moment!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 23:12:25 »

Not cheese entirely, but I've been at the Excel centre this week. Lunch choice was a 12 quid burger or a 7 quid bagel. I bought the bagel (salmon and cream cheese) , went to grab it when I sat down, and it flipped onto the floor. After 2 seconds of horror, I picked it up and ate the bastard. Cheese binners repent..
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 23:25:29 »

BETT?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 23:28:37 »

Yep.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 23:35:55 »

Not cheese entirely, but I've been at the Excel centre this week. Lunch choice was a 12 quid burger or a 7 quid bagel. I bought the bagel (salmon and cream cheese) , went to grab it when I sat down, and it flipped onto the floor. After 2 seconds of horror, I picked it up and ate the bastard. Cheese binners repent..

If I'd known you were there too, I'd have given you the bit of sausage that fell out of my bagel.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, January 21, 2016, 23:40:13 »

I'm not sure i'd be entirely comfortable at receiving a piece of dirty sausage thanks Wink
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, January 22, 2016, 03:35:14 »

I'm not sure i'd be entirely comfortable at receiving a piece of dirty sausage thanks Wink

Oh, picky now.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: