Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol City Vs Swindon Matchday Thread  (Read 92439 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:32:18 »

I think this game is all about trying to hold onto finishing 3rd and keeping the Shitty's last win against us in 2003.

That record has kind of crept up on us unnoticed...I think the fact that when we confirmed relegation there under Hart, it felt like a defeat, yet was 1-1.

Now the record is out there, I suspect not a good thing.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:35:11 »

That record has kind of crept up on us unnoticed...I think the fact that when we confirmed relegation there under Hart, it felt like a defeat, yet was 1-1.

Iffy

I come from a land down-under
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:36:00 »

It was indeed Iffy's relegation but your point remains valid.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:39:22 by Costanza » Logged
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:40:41 »

City will overplay their hand and we'll hit them on the break. Ashton gate will be rife with hostile atmosphere for approximately 2 minutes before they resume their usual silence, then all you'll hear is Town fans, apart from the grumble when our players go down (legitimate or not) from the City faithful. One of our players will deserve a red card but wont get one. City to be denied a few clear penalties, and us to have a contentious goal (offside, foul in the buildup) and this all to explode afterwards on the internet as City fans feel another sense of injustice.

3-1 Town.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:45:55 »

It was indeed Iffy's relegation but your point remains valid.

Of course, I'm getting my relegations mixed up.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 09:57:26 »

Surely there's a TEFer with the enthusiasm to come on here with a rallying battle cry...

Anybody?
Somebody?
Nobody?

Sigh

It's the hope that kills ya!
 Zipped

"Absolute Calamity!"
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:03:23 »

Given that 4th or 5th is likely to involve a game v Blades, a noted cup side, there's definitely an advantage to be had in finishing 3rd.
I rather play Blades over two legs than in a one-off 'cup final'. If the two league games are anything to go by, we should do ok, and current form suggests both Town and Blades are vulnerable.

Tonight could be another TV humiliation. 4-1 with Flint to get two. Looking forward to being there though.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:09:11 »

I rather play Blades over two legs than in a one-off 'cup final'. If the two league games are anything to go by, we should do ok, and current form suggests both Town and Blades are vulnerable.

at some point then we might have to wear the damned purple shirt...perhaps at Wembley might be a good idea

Flashheart

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:14:30 »

Surely there's a TEFer with the enthusiasm to come on here with a rallying battle cry...

Anybody?
Somebody?
Nobody?

Sigh

Football fans are notoriously fickle. Before saturday it was all good, one loss and that's all changed, win today and it'll be all good again.
Uncletrunx

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:33:53 »

Football fans are notoriously fickle. Before saturday it was all good, one loss and that's all changed, win today and it'll be all good again.

Very true.

However, Saturday reminded me of the 4-0 loss to Rovers during the playoff season where we lost at Wembley; it was the moment where the Autos started to vanish into the distance. I'm hoping we don't meet Franchise in the P/O final; I could see them doing us over again in a one sided final.

I might be overly negative but as I say, it's the hope that kills ya.

"Absolute Calamity!"
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:35:52 »

it's the hope that kills ya.

If we do our part, then the gap between us and 2nd is effectively 1 point. (just to twist the knife of hope a little more)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:42:23 »

No (not much) negativity coming from South Wales.

We have the players to win this game. I just hope Cooper puts them on the field in the right order. We've been iffy at the back all season, but prolific up front before Christmas. I hope Cooper sticks 2 back up front (Willo and either Obika or Smith), 1 holding midfielder (an in-form Kasim please) with Mass and 1 other (probably Gladwin) in front of him.

Toff on the left, Byrne on the right. Back three of Turnbull, Stephens and Ricketts/Branco.

Easy.

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:53:35 »

the 'love in' between City and PNE fans is quite funny

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:53:58 »

We have the players to win this game. I just hope Cooper puts them on the field in the right order. We've been iffy at the back all season, but prolific up front before Christmas. I hope Cooper sticks 2 back up front (Willo and either Obika or Smith), 1 holding midfielder (an in-form Kasim please) with Mass and 1 other (probably Gladwin) in front of him.

Toff on the left, Byrne on the right. Back three of Turnbull, Stephens and Ricketts/Branco.

Easy.

I'd go...

Fodders
Turnbull Stephens Ricketts
Byrne Luongo Kasim Swift Toffolo
Willo Obika
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 7, 2015, 10:54:34 »

Easy.

This is pretty much spot on, bar I would keep Branco as far away from the starting 11 as possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: