Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC 2, OUFC 0  (Read 12787 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 17:24:50 »

The fact is that the Oxford rivalry does not mean as much these days, especially to our younger fans

I blame bad parenting for that.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 21:45:55 »

Looks like it is only me and you who wish a horrible end to the Pox I suspect if it were the other way around those cunts would be revelling in being top 3 of L1 and us languishing near the bottom of L2 and this site would be full of trolls.

No, there's 3 of us
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 22:19:17 »

I blame bad parenting for that.

Well this is a misquote if ever I saw one Batch.

It does still mean something to me, I just think that we're better off laughing at them in one thread or even just in every single one.

In fact maybe News Monkey could be re-employed to just write offensive things about Oxford in all the threads active on the board at a certain time of day? Monkeys are normally good at smearing shit.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 22:26:30 »

Well this is a misquote if ever I saw one Batch.

Its a partial quote, not a misquote. I hope to be a movie poster designer one day.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 23:11:27 »

I think it's something to do with having been in their division for only one season (2011-12) out of the last 14.  In all of the other 13 seasons, we have been playing at least one division above them.  Fair enough, they've beaten us each time we have played them recently...but even the 2011-12 games are become a bit of a dim & distant memory now.

The fact is that the Oxford rivalry does not mean as much these days, especially to our younger fans, as it used to.  We have played them 4 times in the last 14 years; 23 times in the 14 years before that (1987-2001); and 15 times in the 14 years before that (1973-87).  And 14 years before that, they didn't even exist.

I would say that despite not playing Poxford on a regular basis, and being in separate leagues, that with their results (or lack of) being mentioned frequently on the matchday threads there's still more to the rivalry than you suggest.

When for example has there been much comment about Bristol Rovers recently? Yet when Poxford were non-league there was still much piss-taking on here. (I still remember the Townend chanting 'Orient' as the Pox were being relegated).

We may not play them often but we still queue in the early hours for away tickets (for me it was from 7am until 12:30pm) and when we do play them it provokes vigorous debate on here.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, March 23, 2015, 23:13:00 »

Its a partial quote, not a misquote. I hope to be a movie poster designer one day.

I'm gonna tell my dad and he's gonna fight your dad.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 10:46:21 »

Quote from: Honkytonk
I'm ...your dad.

oh God, noooooooooooo.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 11:07:14 »

I think the last pox game I went to was when Beauchamp was playing for them, Mark Walters for us. I don't often bother to look for their results.
kerry red

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 11:20:06 »

Oooh, the one where Walters kicks Beauchump in the head.

Excellent!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 11:38:02 »

oh God, noooooooooooo.

.....son?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 12:33:08 »

I think the last pox game I went to was when Beauchamp was playing for them, Mark Walters for us. I don't often bother to look for their results.

The only other team I "care" about. I listen and look out for their results.
Every loss I smile, every problem I hope they go out of business.
I guess lots depends on your age and where you live.......I have even been to Oxford to support an away team.

The most bizarre feling was when we were relegated and on the same day Orient sent them down to the Conference. One of my happiest football moments.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 12:41:39 »

.....I have even been to Oxford to support an away team.
Ha ha....so have I. Long time ago, mind. I had a West Ham supporting work colleague back in the Pox's 1st Division days and I went with him to see the Hammers stuff the bastards.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 19:14:33 by Exiled Bob » Logged
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 12:44:02 »

I have even been to Oxford to support an away team.
So have I, it was Swindon playing at the Manor Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 12:45:07 »

I don't want the Scum to go out of business but I would love years of misery for them. At least they have fans not consumers of the product. As others have said Franchise I do want to go out of business although inevitably they'd just go out and buy someone like Fleetwood and move it to MK. It would be a very good day for football if they didn't exist. I'm a proud Town fan but our fans stance against MK helps justify my pride.  
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, March 24, 2015, 13:12:01 »

I don't want the Scum to go out of business but I would love years of misery for them. At least they have fans not consumers of the product. As others have said Franchise I do want to go out of business although inevitably they'd just go out and buy someone like Fleetwood and move it to MK. It would be a very good day for football if they didn't exist. I'm a proud Town fan but our fans stance against MK helps justify my pride.  
Agreed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: