Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A roof for the Bank at last.  (Read 56709 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:04:44 »

I still think that on the face of it, it looks a good way to waste £500,000. If there was a full business plan that showed the £500,000 investment would show a return for the club, I'd change my opinion.

As it is, I can't see how just bunging a roof on a decrepit stand would lead to it suddenly becoming a money-spinner. Why not spend £500,000 on something else that might actually generate some money for the club.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:17:35 »

At last.  So you do, at least, accept that it's OK for other people to have concerns - even if you don't?

If someone has an opinion that differs from yours, it does not make it wrong.  It's just a different perspective.  Comments along the lines of 'I despair at Town fans' (not a direct quote) simply because they have a different outlook is not helpful.
Yep, if people want to moan about fuck all, that's fine by me  Wink
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:21:14 »

Thank fuck there's a football match this afternoon to distract us from all this twattery.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:26:11 »

fuck me. this forum is bollocks sometimes.

what's the point of it if you can't offer differing views.

doing nothing isn't an option, but it may be preferable to doing the wrong thing for the sake of it. the harm is that 500k is a lot of money, the trust will probably only get to raise and spend that once.

it needs more explanation as to why it's needed. based on the information provided you can't  say it's clear cut.
That's not what you said earlier - are you starting to come round to the idea?? Hmmm...

But I think the whole idea is a pointless waste of money, I won't be contributing.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:27:09 »

Thank fuck there's a football match this afternoon to distract us from all this twattery.
Amen to that my brother.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm typing this all with a smile on my face  Cool
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:34:47 »

500k IMO could be better used - we barely open the bank but I think having a roof on would be better. Provided we go up then it could be worthwhile. Whatever the case good to see some investment being spoken about in the ground!

#VivaKenBarlow!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:42:19 »

It might be better used, but as it's not the clubs money, who is to say they'd get the 500k for better use?  nobody knows the details yet, my hunch is that this relates to some ideas in the pipeline from the Trust, so will have that "business plan" behind it.  Either way, if they've managed to convince business to stump up £500k ish for this sole purpose, fair play to them.  I'm guessing they wouldn't have got the money if the purpose was to give it to the club to pay some wages.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:44:20 »

no, but they might have got it to help develop the town end for example. unless of course the Aussie company isn't really interested in ground redevelopment.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:47:10 »

Town End would need massive investment though, and who is to say it isn't being looked at?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:47:40 »

yes but so does the bank, and maybe that is being looked at too.

but your presume the trust wouldn't throw 500k into something that lasts 2-3 seasons.

so there must be a plan. so lets hear it. then we can get behind it, or not..
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:48:54 »

As long as any new TE has a bar I'm happy!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:50:24 »

Quote from: TheMajorSTFC
As long as any new TE has a bar I'm happy!
jed gave you one.

oh you mean one that you can actually use
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:50:47 »

Just over 500 sold I believe

So by logic that's at least 125 adult tickets and £2,375 banked already from the scheme. Again, very impressed Trust.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 13:52:38 »

that only works if the adults weren't going to pay £25 had the offer not been on Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, February 7, 2015, 14:05:39 »

I'm really baffled that so much offence is being taken at a range of views being held on this.  We're a fanbase.  Opinions will be split on many issues.  And this is a discussion forum.

In short, my concerns are that this development represents poor use of money.  It feels like a sticking plaster solution that will further push back the point at which we finally do get round to building something worth having.

Constructive criticism does not imply pessimism or lack of ambition.  Quite the opposite.  We need more of it, not less.

Does anyone have any idea how much a full knock down and redo of a small stand behind the goal would cost? Even a very small one like one of the ones behind the goal at Northampton would tidy things up a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: