Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Six Nations Egg Chasing  (Read 16507 times)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 06:32:54 »

Love rugby, great game, although I wish they'd sort out the time scrums (and the resetting of) take out of the games.

Weird feeling tonight, as I'd like to see the Bath players do well, but there's such an arrogance about England Rugby that a Welsh victory wouldn't be a bad thing.

Arrogance? You say, yep, I've already heard certain media types declare if England beat Wales they will win the grand slam. And yes it's all about the media, not the actual supporters.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:15:16 »

don't mind watching a bit of rugby, quite like the game, but not so much that i actually care if we lose.

mind you, feel the same way about the national football team these days!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 09:52:01 »

One interesting thing with Rugby is that all the kids I went to school with who had no interest in sport then seem to have morphed into great rugby supporters - no idea why?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:05:27 »

I enjoy watching the odd bit of rugby now and then but have never really been mad into it. Only time I've gone out of my way to see a game was when I was at uni in Wales, and that was because as an expat Englishman I couldn't bear to let the side down.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:07:52 »

I'm not mad into rugby but enjoy watching the six nations. The missus is Irish and much prefers rugby to football so the bantz is decent, especially when England beat Ireland.

I'm no expert and read that England have loads of injuries whilst Wales have a settled side. I'm plumping for Ireland to win the tournament and Italy to get the wooden spoon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:50:58 »

Love rugby, great game, although I wish they'd sort out the time scrums (and the resetting of) take out of the games.

Union's problem, is that too much time is wasted on scrums, line outs and penalties.  It really needs to go down to 13 players, get rid of line outs and reduce the reward for pens....so basically become rugby league.

I'd rate England's chances in Cardiff as between zip and zero....rugby is quite a simple game, presently obfuscated by management speak.  I did like Peter Stringer talking on 5live last night....."Ireland have a simple game plan....run forward with the ball and then get it wide"

Exactly what my old games master used to tell us 50 years ago  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 11:54:53 »

Union's problem, is that too much time is wasted on scrums, line outs and penalties.  It really needs to go down to 13 players, get rid of line outs and reduce the reward for pens....so basically become rugby league.

I'd rate England's chances in Cardiff as between zip and zero....rugby is quite a simple game, presently obfuscated by management speak.  I did like Peter Stringer talking on 5live last night....."Ireland have a simple game plan....run forward with the ball and then get it wide"

Exactly what my old games master used to tell us 50 years ago  Smiley

Was he called Patrik Moore?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:19:24 »

rugby at school was for fat kids who couldnt play football

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Barry Scott

« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 12:41:34 »

I suspect you'll all be rather amused at the number of people who have not mentioned any ties across the seven bridge for the previous 10 months and who speak with very English accents who are suddenly declaring themselves Welsh.

That's like I used to be. I couldn't have cared less for Rugby, but my Dad being born in Wales to a Welsh Dad meant he only supports Wales in Rugby, for everything else he's English. He passed that on to me, but when I inadvertently ended up in Sydney for The World Cup, I decided I was English.

Still don't really care for the game to be honest, but I'll watch it on occasion and wonder what the fuck's going on.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 15:01:25 »

Was he called Patrik Moore?

Nah, he was a norvern bastard, in the same mould as Brian Glover from Kes.  About 6ft 4 and built like a brick shithouse, he challenged us 12 yr old boys to tackle him....not all at once...some who tried bounced off, one kid, who was small even for a 12 yr old, felled the cunt into the mud,  Smiley he went on to captain England.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:16:08 »

Think yourself lucky you didn't have a rugby mad PE teacher. Didn't see a football in PE for the first two years, nobody did.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:17:48 »

Matty Collins and Michael Pook were in my school rugby team, so I suppose your statement has some truth.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:24:46 »

I played rugby against johnny may at school Cool Taught him everything he knows

Which school was this? Good to see a Swindon born lad in the England team.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:35:13 »

Jonny May grew up in Wootton Bassett.

I know Dave went to Bradon Forest, so I guess May probably went to Wootton Bassett Comp.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 6, 2015, 19:36:18 »

Scrap that, the reliable source that is Wikipedia says May grew up in Chiseldon and went to Ridgeway School.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: