Pages: 1 ... 624 625 626 [627] 628 629 630 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1996392 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9390 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:06:29 »

But its common knowledge that the stated unemployment figure is complete nonsense as one only has to work an hour a week to be considered 'in employment'.

I understand the majority of the 8m are students, followed by those caring for family members.

Just another sound bite for the groomed to grasp.  

As pointed out in the earlier post a lot of the 8 mill will be pensioners, there are already groups like the Waspi women, who are now having to work rather than retire as at one time they thought they would.... I know plenty who are just in the bracket of needing to wait a bit longer for their state pension so need to carry on working, as the age increases.  The Tory plan is to increase it gradually to 75.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:09:09 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9391 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:07:56 »

Well there's around 12m pensioners, get those lazy bastards working and they won't need care homes will they? They'll just drop dead. Which seems to be the govt approach to sickness benefit anyway so makes sense to extend it to the elderly as well as the sick
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9392 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:13:16 »

Well there's around 12m pensioners, get those lazy bastards working and they won't need care homes will they? They'll just drop dead. Which seems to be the govt approach to sickness benefit anyway so makes sense to extend it to the elderly as well as the sick

It's interesting that the average age of life expectancy has started to drop, for the first time in years....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9393 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:18:52 »

Get them working in the care homes, kill two birds with one stone (So to speak).
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9394 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:36:29 »

It's interesting that the average age of life expectancy has started to drop, for the first time in years....
That's all those pensioners taking up windsurfing and the like that causes that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9395 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 10:46:43 »

I see the "ordinary member of the public" who's rant on immigration the BBC chose to spaff all over Twitter as part of their continuing project to turn Question Time into the political answer to the Jeremy Kyle show actually turns out to be a former National Front candidate and Britain First activist. Badly lost their way with that programme
Flashheart

« Reply #9396 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:18:39 »

I read somewhere that the person selecting the audience also has far-right connections. I'm not sure how true that is, though.
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #9397 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:24:32 »

Get them working in the care homes, kill two birds with one stone (So to speak).

And we could get rid of loads of bloody immigrants. Coming over here, looking after our old people.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9398 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:26:52 »

I read somewhere that the person selecting the audience also has far-right connections. I'm not sure how true that is, though.
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ourbeeb/is-question-time-s-audience-producer-really-fascist/
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #9399 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 11:53:27 »

I see the "ordinary member of the public" who's rant on immigration the BBC chose to spaff all over Twitter as part of their continuing project to turn Question Time into the political answer to the Jeremy Kyle show actually turns out to be a former National Front candidate and Britain First activist. Badly lost their way with that programme

Don't normally watch Question Time any more, but did catch this the other evening.  Without even knowing her background at that point, I was really surprised that she was afforded the opportunity to make her speech.  It went on for ages...and she didn't even pretend to ask a question (which is what she should have been doing).  As you say, really seems to have lost its way.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9400 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 12:16:39 »

Don't normally watch Question Time any more, but did catch this the other evening.  Without even knowing her background at that point, I was really surprised that she was afforded the opportunity to make her speech.  It went on for ages...and she didn't even pretend to ask a question (which is what she should have been doing).  As you say, really seems to have lost its way.
I expect QT to be unilluminating toxic drivel these days. It was the fact that they then also chose to put the rant out on Twitter, without any context, and without the rebuttals from members of the panel as an "advert" for BBC QT. Thereby uncritically rebroadcasting and amplifying an unrepentant Nazi without any context. Public service broadcasting? The BBC really aren't doing themselves any favours in terms of alienating their natural allies in defending them against the forthcoming Cummings/Johnson assault are they?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #9401 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 16:37:25 »

I was just about to post similar but you beat me to it Paul - it’s utterly incredible that Question Time had the cheek to post that video, they have no right to upload clips from their most recent broadcast.

Whatever next, STFC deciding to put up match highlights for all to see?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9402 on: Monday, February 24, 2020, 16:52:18 »

I was just about to post similar but you beat me to it Paul - it’s utterly incredible that Question Time had the cheek to post that video, they have no right to upload clips from their most recent broadcast.

Whatever next, STFC deciding to put up match highlights for all to see?
Yes because the two examples are directly comparable aren't they? :troll:
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #9403 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 12:26:27 »

In light of all the fuss about Corbyn saying something and it getting picked up by amateur Tory lip readers to suggest something else (no idea what he actually said), can we be sure that Patel said 'working' as I can think of at least one more plausible excuse for his prolonged absence?

Modified as image wasn't available and I am a technology dunce.

Tweet from Emily Ashton (political corres at Buzzfeed).

Boris Johnson extends condolences to families of flood victims at start of PMQs - Labour MPs shout "Where were you?" Priti Patel, sitting next to PM, mouths: "Working."
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 12:55:55 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #9404 on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020, 12:43:54 »

In light of all the fuss about Corbyn saying something and it getting picked up by amateur Tory lip readers to suggest something else (no idea what he actually said), can we be sure that Patel said 'working' as I can think of at least one more plausible excuse for his prolonged absence?

Image dooesn't work unless you're logged into national preservation site horlock. Which I'd guess not many on here will be Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 626 [627] 628 629 630 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: