Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Peterborough United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 58038 times)
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 09:07:48 »

The football quality I have seen via internet / streaming only has looked great and a pleasure to watch.

What surprizes me is the ability that Mark Cooper and the backroom staff have in taking unknown loan players from Birmingham and Norwich, getting them to adapt to this style of play within a couple of weeks and performing.  

These are young lads are playing with such a desire to make things happen for Swindon...Bloody amazing especially when we had many poor loaning signings previously.  

Coops must have the Midas touch ..........
kerry red

« Reply #301 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 09:17:59 »

What's with Power these days?

I thought he was limited to 90 days in the UK - seems to be here permanently at the moment.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 09:54:21 »

Finally been able to get on TEF after the weekend.

Well that was quite a game. Good old Swindon though, keeping consistent by letting them back in it.

Looking at the highlights though, if we keep defending like that there is always the chance we won't be in the top 6 in May. It's the brutal honesty. We have so many gaps that are going to be exploited in the new year.

But anyway... I'm looking forward to Fleetwood because what with the STFC-Trust initiatives we should have a good gate. Not to mention Claridge's comments... which were quite nice. Not sure how many fans stay up until gone midnight to watch the STFC highlights but don't already regularly attend. But it's a nice sentiment.

I'm trying to talk a mate into coming, but the conversation always goes:

"Want to come and watch Swindon on Saturday?"
"Yeah, sure. How much is it?"
"It's £23..."
"Oh... I think I'm busy that weekend..."

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:19:08 »

476 to Peterborough is pretty feeble for a team second in the league. I was hoping we'd have around 1,000 there.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:25:23 »

476 to Peterborough is pretty feeble for a team second in the league. I was hoping we'd have around 1,000 there.

We have had a lot of high away attendances over the last month or two though. The only reason I couldn't go is because of finances.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 10:52:39 »

We have had a lot of high away attendances over the last month or two though. The only reason I couldn't go is because of finances.

We're now approaching the time of year, where attendances traditionally drop off; namely the pre-Christmas period.

Historically this used to be mid December, but with the modern trend for business to try and milk the festive period for all it's worth, now begins in mid November.

Also historically, you'd get a bumper gate for a Boxing Day fixture....something which no longer applies to STFC, courtesy of the  FL vendetta.
HexstaticSTFC

« Reply #306 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:04:37 »

Also historically, you'd get a bumper gate for a Boxing Day fixture....something which no longer applies to STFC, courtesy of the  FL vendetta.

How many years has it been now? Was talking about this injustice with a friend last night, bloody ridiculous we haven't had a game on boxing day for years.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:09:50 »

How many years has it been now? Was talking about this injustice with a friend last night, bloody ridiculous we haven't had a game on boxing day for years.

8 years

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=20070124
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:13:15 »

We're now approaching the time of year, where attendances traditionally drop off; namely the pre-Christmas period.

Historically this used to be mid December, but with the modern trend for business to try and milk the festive period for all it's worth, now begins in mid November.

Yeah, that's a shame. I'm tempted to move my ST into the Town End for the Fleetwood game. I miss it in there! And now there are no cup games for me to go in the TE...

Besides, I feel like I am out of place in Arkell's...

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:35:25 »

Which one is you?
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:44:29 »

Which one is you?

You have 3 guesses.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:45:28 »

You can't see him because some dick is blocking his view with a flag
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:54:21 »

That is a severely shiny head in front of you.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 11:56:32 »

You can't see him because some dick is blocking his view with a flag

Yeah... that was the case. This was after the final whistle so I wasn't blocking much.

I only waved it about when we scored, when the entire ground joined in on songs or at the start/end so I was hopefully not getting in too many people's way.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #314 on: Monday, November 24, 2014, 12:05:23 »

Ate you the Where's Wally lookalike?

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: