Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Game against City  (Read 85492 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Thursday, November 13, 2014, 21:31:59 »

Sright
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Thursday, November 13, 2014, 22:01:12 »

Just a quick question for those Bristolians out there.  What happens when your Owner dies. Surely, you're totally fucked?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Thursday, November 13, 2014, 22:04:57 »

Yes, rovers have always been more vocal, not a wind up.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Thursday, November 13, 2014, 22:55:18 »

Just a quick question for those Bristolians out there.  What happens when your Owner dies. Surely, you're totally fucked?
Apart from being pretty bad taste, I'm guessing his son, who I think is already involved, would take it on. Lansdown is a real success story - who sinks personal wealth into a black hole for the love of it. Fair play to him.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 00:56:04 »

This is amazing.

Take this picture of me down now...

Clems Army!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 01:31:13 »

Apart from being pretty bad taste, I'm guessing his son, who I think is already involved, would take it on. Lansdown is a real success story - who sinks personal wealth into a black hole for the love of it. Fair play to him.

I disagree.  He represents much that is wrong with the game.  He ploughs his well-gotten cash in to a medium-sized football club to the extent that that that club has an unfair advantage over the other medium-sized clubs at that level (incl STFC).

There is nothing to be impressed by BCFC 1982 Ltd.  They operate in one of England's top 10 cities, and still only manage to maintain a place in the 3rd tier of the professional game via a cash feed from their owner of £12m per annum.  Next time you hear a boast from them about how 'big' they are, don't envy them.  Just pity them, instead.  If they had anything about them - with a catchment area of that size available to them, and the resources of their owner - they would be playing along side all of the other 'big' teams in England in either the Premiership or the Championship.  Their status as a 'big' club in Division Three is not a matter of pride, but an indicator of failure.

All this may seem a little uncharitable, but then I do speak as someone who went out on a work night out in Reading this evening and fell asleep on the train home; and then had to walk home - bit irritated - from the next station down the line after missing my stop.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 14, 2014, 01:52:34 by Ardiles » Logged
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 05:01:10 »

Red is sold out ( apart from away areas which are always in red )
Orange is limited which triggers ( iirc ) around 40 ish %
Green plenty of seats
Thanks Smiley
kerry red

« Reply #322 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 05:25:41 »

Can't agree with Ardiles on this one.

The only chance a traditionally nondescript club can ever hope to mix it with the big boys is to catch a wealthy owner.

To catch one who is a genuine fan, as City have, is a bonus.

It's what I would wish for
REDBUCK

« Reply #323 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 07:01:58 »

It's not all good news.  Some of the locals are getting concerned over their identity as Lansdown creates a Bristol sporting franchise which now includes the rugby, basketball and ladies football. They are worried that the stadium will become the home of the franchise rather than just the football, with a change of colour or name etc.

If Bristol Rugby get the promotion based on  the money he's spent City may be over shadowed this year. He does however seem prepared to lose money on city Indefinitely to get them to the very top

The only thing he's not embraced are the Rovers who may get left behind and be non league for good.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 08:10:19 »

Cooper is alluding to a tactical re-jig tomorrow. I can't see us abandoning wing backs, given how much of a threat we know Byrne can be. I wondered whether he might push Stephens forward to hold in midfield and slot Branco into a back 3? Difficult to imagine as both had poor games last weekend, but I'm not sure what else we'd do to change things up.

I'd rather see us stick with what has, in the main, worked for us.

Foderingham
Stephens Nathan T Turnbull
Byrne                          Toffolo
   Gladwin Louis T Reeves
       Smith         Obika

With Willo to come on and tear through them a la Preston.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 09:56:56 »

I think you are right, now is not the time for a tactical change. Up to about an hour in to the Cheltenham match, I thought Stephens was certain to be dropped for Branco for City. After his half hour cameo, I would be very surprised if Cooper puts him in.

I do like the idea of Stephens in a midfield holding role, seeing as his ability on the ball has not declined, just his ability to defend and head a ball.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:09:54 »

Byrne is up against a very good LB in Little tomorrow who is very dangerous bombing forward so perhaps this one of the reasons for a rethink?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:28:25 »

Little is a doubt - and I always thought he played on the right?
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:34:52 »

I am in Chav corner tomorrow

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Panda Paws

« Reply #329 on: Friday, November 14, 2014, 10:35:59 »

First ;eague game of the season for me, can't ruddy wait.

Would be crazy to over-complicate things. The back 5 picks itself, Gladwin and Reeves in the middle with Louis. Smudger and Obika up top.

We'll win. Williams will score the winner. 2-1 in front of 11437.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: