Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England v San Marino  (Read 12230 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 20:00:55 »

Forgot it was on and took the dog for a walk instead. Only realised when I noticed a neighbour's TV on the way back home.

Judging from reports, I was better off.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 20:18:57 »

Had it on in background
Was utter shite
They won but thats about it

International break over tho so good news
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 20:49:26 »

Not great but could have been worse like drawing at home to Moldova like Russia did. Capello earning his money again.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 20:52:43 »

Had it on in background
Was utter shite
They won but thats about it

International break over tho so good news
About right!!  That Rooney is a wanker, the goal should go down as an own goal and he missed so many chances that even Barker would have taken!!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 21:17:54 »

Usual shite from England. Poor touches and passes and a general lack of desire and urgency. Seems to be the same every qualification campaign in the sense that the players and manager only seem fussed on "just getting over the line". All the better teams go into games to win from the off and win well. You see teams sweep aside and hammer the minnows. We are happy with a    1-0 in most games no matter the opponent.

The trouble is when it comes to the big tournaments we don't have the right mental attitude. We don't have a go at teams because we don't know how to. Its not just a Woy thing. Its been the same for years under the previous 3 or 4 managers. Tbh I haven't enjoyed watching England since the 2006 WC. For me that was the last time we went into games looking to win and attack and excite. Capello ruined it with the boring Italian possession game which we can't seem to shake off under Woy.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 21:46:48 »

We don't really have a team that'll play any other way than boring possession. Fast wingers are out of fashion (unless they're playing behind the striker(s)), and we're up against teams that'll park the bus.

It seems entirely sensible to get us over the line and into the next tournament, so we can laugh at the scots, both irish and welsh for failing to make it there

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 21:56:51 »

All the better teams go into games to win from the off and win well. You see teams sweep aside and hammer the minnows.
You mean like Spain losing to Slovakia and Germany to Poland? Granted Poland aren't minnows, but I'd rather have our record in this qualifying campaign so far than some of these "better teams". Oh, and for the record, I also struggled to stay awake this evening, not defending this evening's performance, just saying there's another side to the coin.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, October 12, 2014, 22:03:43 »

In terms of possession etc it looks good as does the 3 points but it was a shite performance. Andy Townsend keeps knocking one out over Wilshere but he was shit and the thought that he could be our Pirlo is fucking laughable. chambers at right back is one or two big fuck ups waiting to happen and you couldn't play him at the moment against a decent side. Rooney yet again was absolute shite whose technique was shocking. He fucked up all but 2 passes and his finishing was woeful including the air shot.
We'll do what we do. Qualify easily and then lose to the first half decent team we play.
I also thought Cahill and Henderson were bloody lucky with the ref today and they really need to look at their discipline.   
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 07:11:26 »

We don't really have a team that'll play any other way than boring possession.
A bit like STFC then, is that why our attendances are poor?  I would sooner watch us playing that way than England though!!  Hmmm
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 07:39:45 »

There seem to be very few exciting games watching England these days. Sad really, think my enthusiasm remains back in the 90's. We always had a few characters back then too!
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 08:22:57 »

Poland v Germany on sat night was everything most England games are not....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 08:47:43 »

We don't really have a team that'll play any other way than boring possession.
A bit like STFC then
Eh? Seriously? Last season at times, maybe, but come on this season we've gone far beyond "boring possession"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 09:01:28 »

Eh? Seriously? Last season at times, maybe, but come on this season we've gone far beyond "boring possession"

The long ball, is in English football's DNA. Woy can't quite bring himself to go the whole hog, so we fall somewhere between 2 stools, not technically good enough to play proper "total football" and restrained from what we'd like to do, by a weird sort of political correctness.

Interestingly, del Bosque's reaction to Spain's recent travails, is to go a sort of 4-4-2, with Costa nodding things on to Paco Alcacer.

Del Bosque's says he likes a big man up front, even though they had their best results, playing with no-one up front.. Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 09:01:57 »

Tongue in cheek Paul!!  I am not Flash in disguise!!!!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 13, 2014, 14:12:02 »

Tongue in cheek Paul!!  I am not Flash in disguise!!!!
Sorry, my bad. Whooshed myself there Smiley (It was quite late)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: