Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Wycombe - Match Thread  (Read 13165 times)
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, August 23, 2005, 23:56:59 »

Have to agree with Reg. Seeing as Yeovil are yet to win in this division, a fairly local game will probably result in them beating us. I can just see them going mental on Stratton Bank and all of us thinking, "we're getting beat at home to Yeovil, cunts".
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 00:04:27 »

I think you're spot on Reg, I'm dreading the Yeovil game.
Spud

« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 04:41:03 »

I hope Thorpe never plays in the first team again, ive seen him twice this season and he's down fuck all.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 04:55:43 »

roberts has looked pretty good so far this season i thought, but last nite was wank. fucking shite.

thorpe, not done much at all really. cureton ran about like a fucking headless chicken.

i particularly despised the way the ball from the midfield to the forwards came AFTER the attackers had made runs, and were stood still, the defence closed em down asap and SURPRISE we lost the ball.

Ifil had a shitter, totally, totally 100% at fault for 2nd goal.

Pooks goal, fucking ace.

heath, left wing. no.

nicolau, central midfield. no. when he was brought on, i though "magic! nicolau getting down the left wing, and shakes down the right, get some width finally", but no, keep him in the middle of the park and keep heath on the left. totally dont understand that.

shit match, and im not looking forward to yeovil.

Spud

« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 04:59:18 »

Im not looking forward to Saturday and it looks like ill be dragging myself along to the game. Ill also be getting tanked up just to get through the pain.  Crying
McLovin

« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 07:55:34 »

Wycombe looked like Brazil at times because we let them.  We were totally pissed upon, at home, against lower league opposition.

Embarassing, quite frankly.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 08:06:49 »

I was even predicting last season even before they had been promoted that Yeovil would do the double over us this season.  I stand by that but hope I'm wrong.

I am sooooooooooooo bored with us being crap.

Shag wanking bollocks.

That is all.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:14:11 »

I don't know if this has been mentioned as I can''t be fucked to read 12 pages all about last night - but - did anyone else think that we managed to make Senda, their right back, look as good as Roberto Carlos last night.  He ripped us to pieces at times.  This was mostly due to Smith and Whalley not wanting to tackle.

Seriously pissed off this morning, and like most others dreading Saturday!!
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:16:57 »

I think we will be fine on Saturday.  I think we'll do them!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:17:43 »

Tonight was as big a shambles as anything a King side has dished up in recent seasons....all the good points from the Forest game have just been thrown away and we're back to looking a poor disorganised side

Reg,as usually you've hit the nail on the head.We have a couple of decent results,a bit of a positive vibe gets generated and then kingy changes the team,and we lose.Can't kingy see that,we had some momentum and now its gone and we'll probably lose on saturday.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:32:40 »

Ultimately it's a test of character.  If we bounce back and trounce Yeovil at the weekend, it'll be a good result and show that we've got the attitude to hit the playoffs.  If we lose it shows King hasn't got the motivational skills and the squad is too heavily dependent on confidence.  It's a 72 pointer, a huuuge game, and a derby into the bargain.  I just hope King realises this...

Shit fuck pile of wank, I've just realised I'm working on the day of the Tranmere game!  Poo sticks.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 09:35:49 »

I can see Yeovil beating us, but on the other hand perhaps a local derby and another 8,000+ crowd is what the team needs to get going again?
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 10:45:07 »

I think we should just take it on the chin and get on with the league. I saw enough against Forest to believe we can still beat plenty of teams in this division.
Last night was a farce I admit, but it happens:

Blackpool 2 - 1 Hull  :shock:
Bristol City 2 - 4 Barnet  :shock:
Cheltenham 5 - 0 Brentford  :shock:
Ipswich 0 - 2 Yeovil  :shock:
Lincoln City 5 - 1 Crewe   :shock:
Mansfield 1 - 1 Stoke, Mansfield win 3-0 on penalties  :shock:
Northampton 3 - 0 QPR  :shock:
E Sabin 90  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
Nottm Forest 2 - 3 Macclesfield  :shock:
Shrewsbury 3 - 2 Brighton :shock:

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 10:47:22 »

Brighton ur right mate, lets get behind the boys on Saterday and out sing the Somerset scum...............
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Wednesday, August 24, 2005, 12:20:14 »

Quote from: "larwood"

Tonight was as big a shambles as anything a King side has dished up in recent seasons....all the good points from the Forest game have just been thrown away and we're back to looking a poor disorganised side

Reg,as usually you've hit the nail on the head.We have a couple of decent results,a bit of a positive vibe gets generated and then kingy changes the team,and we lose.Can't kingy see that,we had some momentum and now its gone and we'll probably lose on saturday.

He changed the team for a league cup match, many of the changes were enforced such as Collins, O'Hanlon, Evans.

Keeping the same team would've been a mistake, our other strikers needed the chance to prove themselves.

Brighton Red makes a good point with all the other strange results,  ours wasn't one of the stranger ones, Wycombe are doing well and only a division below.

I agree we should just get on with the league, this shouldn't affect our momentum.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: