Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Trust throw weight behind Power regime  (Read 8720 times)
Flashheart

Re:
« Reply #30 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 04:43:08 »

Flash I Stated in my post that I wasn't having a go.

Huh?

I didn't say you were!
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 07:38:16 »

No it didn't.

Anybody can say whatever the fuck they like about the trust, for or against. It was you being a snide cunt that got you banned.

FFS it was a joke, the second part of the message was the important bit. So, Flash did you get your email or do you need me to check your email in the database?

Yours Snide Cunt
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 08:46:51 »

So, Flash did you get your email or do you need me to check your email in the database?

What?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 09:09:47 »

[quote As a more serious point, I know the Trust are now doing regular email shots to members, if you aren't getting yours please PM me as your email may be out of date (as mine was) on their database.
[/quote]

This
Flashheart

« Reply #34 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 09:11:01 »

I'm not a member
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 09:27:21 »

Ardiles, I know what the point of the trust is but the point I'm making is that any owner is pretty much going to say ' buy a percentage off me and you can enter the boardroom or fuck off back to the terrace where I only have to listen to your bollocks every couple of weeks'.

I'd be saying exactly that if I owned the club.

The problem with investing in the club is that the investment can be practically written off by an issue of new shares unless you have even more money to chuck in, which is exactly what happened to the Trust's previous investment when Andrew Black was looking to reduce Fitton and Wray's holdings by issuing and buying vast numbers of new shares and adjusting the value of each individual share accordingly.

If the Trust were to invest in the club to the amounts you suggest, it would have to be with a guarantee that its shareholding would remain constant. I don't know whether any owner would want to sign up to that, especially as it would impact on what they could get for the club when they sell it, although I think Swansea have something similar going on. Otherwise the Trust should probably fundraise for a future 'bailout' fund, which I think is their plan, so that if we ever reach a point in the future where an owner wants rid of the club sharpish the fans might be in a position to step in instead of another Jed.

If I have misrepresented current Trust thinking anywhere there, apologies.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 20:57:33 »

At the beginning of last season Jed was apparently trying to sell the club for...£5m !! I believe Jed was telling any purchasers that HE owned the land, which the CG is on.

As soon the the Trust announced the ACV on the CG, and the press rightly pointed out that the CG is leased from the council, all possible buyers disappeared and he started saying that anyone on the Trust board were 'crooks, and took money from the funds they collect' to various fans.(Pot,kettle, black)

A fan who bought this from Jed has recently apologised on Twitter for falling for his BS, and admitted Jed told him that.

Hopefully Jed will get his just desserts via the courts, and proof enough, that even just a legal document that the Trust did, screwed him.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #37 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 21:02:26 »

If that's true he really is a complete and utter cunt isn't he.

Doubt he'd have the balls to show his face within a 10 mule radius of the CG now.
fatbasher

« Reply #38 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 21:11:27 »

At the beginning of last season Jed was apparently trying to sell the club for...£5m !! I believe Jed was telling any purchasers that HE owned the land, which the CG is on.

As soon the the Trust announced the ACV on the CG, and the press rightly pointed out that the CG is leased from the council, all possible buyers disappeared and he started saying that anyone on the Trust board were 'crooks, and took money from the funds they collect' to various fans.(Pot,kettle, black)

A fan who bought this from Jed has recently apologised on Twitter for falling for his BS, and admitted Jed told him that.

Hopefully Jed will get his just desserts via the courts, and proof enough, that even just a legal document that the Trust did, screwed him.

So who's the cockwomble now Joey/Ged?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 21:16:47 »

If that's true he really is a complete and utter cunt isn't he.

Doubt he'd have the balls to show his face within a 10 mule radius of the CG now.

These are the tweets from the fan :

Phil Brunnen
@stfcphil 
  @TrustSTFC I think this is an appropriate time to unreservedly apologise for previous tweets where I have questioned your integrity.

@TrustSTFC I was unfortunately acting on information given to me by a previous chairman, who I gullibly believed at the time.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #40 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 21:24:47 »

Fair enough. At least he has the balls to apologise.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, July 7, 2014, 22:49:54 »

Firstly, the Trust had nothing to do with the Advertiser headline. We do not claim  to be anything more than we are - a fan-led organisation concerned to increase the involvement of fans in the development of the club, with long-term aims of representation on the board, and eventually fan ownership.  No-one on the Trust board is under any illusion that that aim is anything other than a pipedream at the moment.

Our priority at the moment is to build membership of the Trust so that we are more representative of the fanbase. As a result of the commitment of one board member, we were present throughout the court case, have published the judgement on our website, and have engaged both Lee Power and Sanghita Shah in discussion about the future, and are successfully developing a strong relationship with other staff of the club. Practical initiatives are under discussion that  will engage the interest (and we hope support) of a goodly number of supporters. We are engaging the media in discussion about how to improve communication about issues both specific to the club and also about national issues (such as the FA proposals for a new involvement of Premier League reserve teams in a new league); and currently discussing how best to address the Football League about the 'fit and proper persons' test and related issues arising from the court case.

A lot of this relies on building the membership if we are to be anything more than 'mr puniverse'.  We are all volunteers, have other things to do with our lives, but believe passionately in the principle, which Lee Power candidly admitted in his letter to fans last week, that the supporters are integral to a successful club.

You can sit on the edge and snipe....that's dead easy. Why not join up and join in? The website (www.truststfc.com) tells you how, and what we are trying to do.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: