Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: England's exit - why was anyone surprised?  (Read 34483 times)
kerry red

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 16:12:55 »

Good point - but not many German players play abroad either and they aren't too bad!

I still say that by producing CBs who can't pass the ball more than 5 yards without finding touch may well have something to with it as well!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 16:14:43 by Audrey » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 16:37:05 »

Milner MoM so far with old man Lamps not far behind
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 16:37:33 »

Andrea Pirlo, wouldn't last 5 mins in the PL?

Reg mate, time for a lie down.

You've said yourself you don't take too much notice of football.

Pirlo's understudy here is Alberto Aquilani....a classic Italian number 10, cost > 20 mill and lasted 5 mins in the Prem.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 16:54:23 »

You have to ask why such bit part players in the PL appear to blossom for their countries in the WC.

Off the top of my head, and excuse the spelling, Medal (Cardiff), Asamoah Gyan ( can't remember who he plays/played for), Tim Cahill. There are plenty of others, too.

Apart from their own PL form they are, supposedly, playing with worse players in the WC as well.

There are certain to be some who will look world beaters, get snapped up by a PL club and are then absolute shite.

Hornby may well be right saying nothing much has changed over the years, but these last 2 WCs have been a total disaster for England - well below par as far as England are concerned

Bryan Ruiz another one..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 16:59:50 »

Good point - but not many German players play abroad either and they aren't too bad!

Of the usual starting eleven, Ozil, Khedira, Mertersacker play abroad, Jerome Boateng has played abroad, off the bench Podolski, Klose and Schurrle....whereas England have Fraser Forster of Celtic.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:00:03 »

Is Pirlo really a 10? He looks like a 4 to me
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:07:16 »

Of the usual starting eleven, Ozil, Khedira, Mertersacker play abroad, Jerome Boateng has played abroad, off the bench Podolski, Klose and Schurrle....whereas England have Fraser Forster of Celtic.

Will be interesting to see what happens of Michael Mancienne if he goes native again having been in Germany for what,  4 years
kerry red

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:15:44 »

What utter shit this game is
kerry red

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:40:22 »

Uruguay just gone ahead.

Suarez just bitten someone again

What a cunt
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:51:47 »

Yeah a point. We are going to win the euros
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 17:53:08 »

Suarez haha

Positives from this england game are luke shaw whos been brilliant, lallana looked really good until he came off and I thought Wilshere had one of his best games that I have seen (usually hes just getting fouled).
fatbasher

Re:
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 18:04:02 »

Yeah a point. We are going to win the euros
€'s? $ are the way forward....
kerry red

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 18:19:01 »

Well, France in the Euros is my last chance to see England in tournament action.

Let me see, shall I go . . . .

Like fuck I will
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 18:22:42 »

Also, i'm not so sure on all this doom and gloom, we could very easily have gone through if rooney/sturridge had taken their chances. Rooney had 3 excellent chances in the first two games which he should have scored and sturridge has also had a few.

Italy and uraguay were not better than us as a team, they had that one individual who got them past us. I personally dont think we are far off having a decent side that will give us some excitement.

Sterling, shaw, barkley, lallana, ox, sturridge, wilshere and whoever else emerges in the next few years.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 19:06:16 »

No suprises from me regarding our national team. I predicted England's results correctly months ago.
There is no right or wrong answer regarding getting national football right. But you need some of what the African sides, Iran etc etc have. What it means to them to put on their national shirt,the unity,effort and desire put us to shame. No good just throwing what looks the best side on paper into an England kit.
The trotting out of us having to adapt to be like spain,Germany,Italy etc is a load of old bollocks too for me. Hardly pulling up trees are they?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: