Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaways. Not Cheese.  (Read 46034 times)
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:14:21 »

Who the fuck thinks "I fancy a takeaway from Naga Kitchen" and then orders scampi and chips?

I hope they only put that on the menu so if you order it someone turns up to roundhouse you in the face and then blocks your number
World's gone mad

My ex-wife would only ever go to an Indian Restaurant if there was chips on the menu.

We had a massive fall out one day because I didn't tell her that Chicken Tikka wasn't the same as Chicken Tikka Massala.. Apparently I allowed her to order the chicken without the sauce..

That said, she goes to the Chinese for duck, but doesn't have 'all of the crap' that comes with it..

Yeah, just a plate of duck please...  Eat

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Talk Talk

« Reply #166 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:15:19 »

Who the fuck thinks "I fancy a takeaway from Naga Kitchen" and then orders scampi and chips?

I hope they only put that on the menu so if you order it someone turns up to roundhouse you in the face and then blocks your number

World's gone mad

Ells. A lot of people are on a MacDonalds diet. Scampi is an exotic interesting flight of culinary fancy.

Be reasonable now.
Talk Talk

« Reply #167 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:16:18 »

My ex-wife would only ever go to an Indian Restaurant if there was chips on the menu.

We had a massive fall out one day because I didn't tell her that Chicken Tikka wasn't the same as Chicken Tikka Massala.. Apparently I allowed her to order the chicken without the sauce..

That said, she goes to the Chinese for duck, but doesn't have 'all of the crap' that comes with it..

Yeah, just a plate of duck please...  Eat

I rest my case  Grin
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:27:59 »

You do make some wise decisions then Darlo Cheesy

Ells. A lot of people are on a MacDonalds diet. Scampi is an exotic interesting flight of culinary fancy.

Be reasonable now.

Scampi's bloody weird anyway.. I bet 90% of the people who eat it couldn't tell you what it is. Weird little pseudo-lobstery shrimp thing in batter please..

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Talk Talk

« Reply #169 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:31:16 »

Scampi's bloody weird anyway.. I bet 90% of the people who eat it couldn't tell you what it is. Weird little pseudo-lobstery shrimp thing in batter please..

I brand you as a scampiest and denounce you. You should be strung up from a lamp post for your anti-scampi leanings and chopped into tiny pieces.

Ooops. Wrong thread. I thought we were in the terrorist attack one  Sad
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 22:34:41 »

I brand you as a scampiest and denounce you. You should be strung up from a lamp post for your anti-scampi leanings and chopped into tiny pieces.

Ooops. Wrong thread. I thought we were in the terrorist attack one  Sad

I thought we'd all denounced the cod army  Sad

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2015, 23:09:56 »

Now and then..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 09:57:06 »

Back in the halcyon days of the Fitton takeover, an end of season bash was held in The Old Bank, black tie do, for fans to meet players etc.

Nice little class system....cheap seats downstairs, more expensive going upwards. However even the cheap seats had copious langoustine around the place as part of the buffet.

There was a good turn out of TEFers, some extant and others departed (as in no longer on forum), it was encouraging to see that next to no TEFers, had an clue what the prawns were for, preferring the drumsticks and pork pies.

I'll hold my hand up to admitting, that I've had sufficient exposure to middle class life, to be able to make my way through a plate of fruit de mer.

The breaded stuff is mainly padded out with pangasius, the Mekong cat fish, these are farmed by the river dwellers. The Mekong is a dirty old thing, and the cat fish grow pretty big. 

I had a fillet of pangasius, 3 or so years ago in Fratellos, very nice too, lovely sauce, gave a taster to my Bulgarian lady, 2 hours later she had an analphylactic reaction, very strange, obviously allergic to the Mekong chemical soup.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:05:40 »

Its at times like this I'm thankful that my dislike of all fish except batter cod protects me from the social faux pas minefield that Reg portrays.

On can't afford to be seen eating prawns wrong.
Panda Paws

« Reply #174 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:11:31 »

Prawns aren't fish. Just saying.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:21:53 »

I had a fillet of pangasius, 3 or so years ago in Fratellos, very nice too, lovely sauce, gave a taster to my Bulgarian lady, 2 hours later she had an analphylactic reaction
You really know how to show a girl a good time, don't you Reg? Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:28:33 »

Prawns aren't fish. Just saying.

Shellfish has fish in the name. That's just confusing.
Panda Paws

« Reply #177 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 12:49:43 »

Shellfish has fish in the name. That's just confusing.

It's a minefield out there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 14:49:33 »

You really know how to show a girl a good time, don't you Reg? Cheesy

Yep.  When you've spent your formative years in the Communist bloc, Fratellos seems quite up market. Probably does to some Swindon ladies also.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Thursday, November 26, 2015, 15:00:19 »

Nothing wrong with Fratellos! Although they do still sell that Pizza Di Canio...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: