Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 42838 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:03:39 »

You are a cunt, and I don't mean that in the jokey TEF way. You are a cunt.

I think that's a bit harsh to be honest.

The final paragraph might be a bit ott, but the rest of it is pretty spot on.  His subs are always too late and often don't make a lot of sense and he does seem to have an isdue with throwing 2 up front.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:04:59 »

I didn't even read the post to be fair, was just going on the thread title.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:05:24 »

Smiley
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:08:05 »

Reading back i agree with you as it was a heat of the moment but my thoughts with the exception if the last paragraph which was just complete anger after losing today when the opposition were so poor defensively
DMR

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:17:16 »

You spineless backtracking cunt
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:18:41 »

Leave Sloth alone
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:19:24 »

Think he meant 1989Monkey.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:20:24 »

Cooper does make some puzzling decisions but I fervently believe in what he and Power are trying to build here and want to see it succeed. It's the antithesis to the Di Canio short termism that I personally found dull and alienating. My desire to be proven right (in my own head at least) probably means I'm blind to some of the criticisms people rightly have.

However, we need patience and given that large portions of our support aren't patient enough to sit through 90 minutes without screaming FORWARD because of an inexplicable urge to see the ball aimlessly hoofed forward then it's unrealistic to expect anyone to endure a full season of it.

Swindon is not a club for this type of project and sadly it will never work. I believe that we will never see any long term success because of this and will be a bit of a yo-yo club as we have been since the early 00s. I just need to work on being less irritable in order to enjoy football again.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:22:44 »

Think he meant 1989Monkey.

Nothing gets past you, are you any good in goal?
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:24:43 »

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:31:01 »

I'm going to say something possibly controversial and some won't agree but it's where my mind is heading and I may be doing Cooper a disservice but....
Was the good attractive football at the start of the season more to do with having technically gifted players being fit and on the top of their game playing with freedom rather than anything Cooper really did. As the season has gone on this has fizzled out and Cooper seemingly hasn't had a clue how to recreate it and has become more and more desperate in his decision making.
Coopers CV doesn't suggest he has it in him to impose the attractive passing football on a team, quite the opposite in fact he is known as an 'anti-football' manager by trade with a fondness for the long ball direct approach!
Is Cooper just a square peg in a round hole and not the right person to try and impose this change in philosophy onto a club as it's not actually his way of playing....
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:32:10 »

I think the reason he got the job full time was because he's happy to be a glorified coach. A bigger name wouldn't agree to Power's terms.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:34:12 »

I'm going to say something possibly controversial and some won't agree but it's where my mind is heading and I may be doing Cooper a disservice but....
Was the good attractive football at the start of the season more to do with having technically gifted players being fit and on the top of their game playing with freedom rather than anything Cooper really did. As the season has gone on this has fizzled out and Cooper seemingly hasn't had a clue how to recreate it and has become more and more desperate in his decision making.
Coopers CV doesn't suggest he has it in him to impose the attractive passing football on a team, quite the opposite in fact he is known as an 'anti-football' manager by trade with a fondness for the long ball direct approach!
Is Cooper just a square peg in a round hole and not the right person to try and impose this change in philosophy onto a club as it's not actually his way of playing....
Alternatively perhaps his reputation as 'anti-football' is because he managed at a lower level where he built his teams to suit their strengths due to a lack of technically gifted players at that level?

To be honest I had no idea he was known as an 'anti-football' manager.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:42:39 »

You are aware we scored a goal today?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:46:04 »

Did there keeper make a save? Did Colchesters keeper make a save?

Their, it's their
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: