Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Get Cooper fucking out of here  (Read 43062 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:50:34 »

Alternatively perhaps his reputation as 'anti-football' is because he managed at a lower level where he built his teams to suit their strengths due to a lack of technically gifted players at that level?

To be honest I had no idea he was known as an 'anti-football' manager.
His 'style' of football is why he gets so much derision off Peterborough fans, he set them up as a long ball team when he was there, and Kettering were renowned for it in the conference.
1 win in 12 now isn't really building for next season, if we aren't careful we'll go into next season on the back of a truly awful run of form. Let's not kid ourselves our form at the moment is that of relegation candidates and what we feared at the start of the season, thankfully a good first 20 or so games have allowed us to accumulate almost enough points to survive. Add in the apparent lack of fitness amongst the players where they seem dead on their feet after 70 minutes it really does make me question him....
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:52:20 »

What I find strange is that we went to Crewe and played them off the park but allowed them to escape with a 1-1 draw - I believe the Adver said that STFC had rediscovered its mojo! - why change the team?
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:52:36 »

If form carries over from season to season we wouldn't have gone from Wembley to 24th.
theakston2k

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 18:58:20 »

If form carries over from season to season we wouldn't have gone from Wembley to 24th.
We did though really didn't we, our form at the back end of that season was pretty poor though wasn't it, we beat Leeds and then fell away somewhat after.... If as he keeps saying we are building for next season this sort of form won't help with that.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:29:25 »

Some people really do need to find something else to do on a Saturday.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:29:32 »

Ugh. It's all a bit Newcastle United at the moment.

I've read the bemoaning of the manager.
I've read the bemoaning of the owner.

...and yet we're are comfortably midtable and you'd think we were in a proper struggle. Some TEF'ers will try and tell us that we're far from safe (assuming that every results from hereon in goes against us).

We've probably overachieved this season and the only sad thing about that is finishing mid-table in Division 3 can be considered an over-achievement when it's probably the zone we've finished the most of all over the years.

Bristol City should should be FUN next week. The football gods help Cooper if we lose next week.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:32:24 »

Some people really do need to find something else to do on a Saturday.

once again, when these people do find something better to do next season, won't you miss them just
T a little?
I know the clubs coffers will.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:34:41 »

once again, when these people do find something better to do next season, won't you miss them just
T a little?
I know the clubs coffers will.
arriba probably won't as I think he's one of those who's already found something better to do most weeks (apologies if I've misremembered that, arriba)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:35:29 »

Time for reflection is at the end of the season, good, bad, indifferent.

But I think its fair enough come match day to criticise performances, and trends. Just as its right to decalare us the Barcelona of league 1 when we stuff Wolves on Tuesday. We shouldn't not do so just because the season is going better than (I) expected.
Barry Scott

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:35:51 »

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:38:03 »

Yep. I am one of them.
Had an enjoyable shopping trip into town with the Mrs. Nice meal and a few drinks, checking footy scores every now and then.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:38:14 »

Bristol City should should be FUN next week. The football gods help Cooper if we lose next week.
I can take losing....unless we go one up and sit back. Its a local derby so at least lets give it a go. If we don't give it a go I will be very very fucked off as I suspect 2000 others will be.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:39:31 »

Yep. I am one of them.
Had an enjoyable shopping trip into town with the Mrs. Nice meal and a few drinks, checking footy scores every now and then.
Everyone makes their own choices about whether to go to games and I'm not going to criticise anyone for that. But fuckin ell. Have a bloody word with yourself. Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:39:43 »

Yep. I am one of them.
Fucking hell arriba are the first 10 words for real. No problems with the rest of the sentence.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 8, 2014, 19:43:13 »

Had an enjoyable shopping trip into town with the Mrs

Arriba came from Swindon, oh, ay,
Shopped instead of footy come match day
Plucked his eyebrows on the way
Shaved his legs and then he was a she
She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,
Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: