Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Beer  (Read 158950 times)
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Sunday, April 24, 2016, 16:22:49 »

milk stout!!! are you the reincarnation of my Nan???
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 07:13:46 »

I was in a bar near st James park station in London yesterday and noticed an arkells beer on tap called inch of ginge. Thought it odd to see an Arkells beer in the capital.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 09:19:03 »

I was in a bar near st James park station in London yesterday and noticed an arkells beer on tap called inch of ginge. Thought it odd to see an Arkells beer in the capital.

Au contraire, Arkells has always travelled up to London. Many years ago when I lived in London, I had a brierf dalliance, with a bird who lived in Shepperton, her local was an interesting pub, frequented by people who worked in the TV/film industry at Shepperton studios.

Although in the mid 70's, it was reduced in size from its heyday, it still churned out some impressive stuff. 

This lot loved their Arkells, which was on tap, made me smile, not sure if it was an Arkells pub, or just a guest. They were not so much luvvies, but the place still had a great display of film memorabilia round the walls.

It should be noted that the mid 70's, was a time when real ale had shrunk to reletively few breweries of which Arkells was one...and so was viewed as somewhat exotic.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 10:39:04 »

Au contraire, Arkells has always travelled up to London. Many years ago when I lived in London, I had a brierf dalliance, with a bird who lived in Shepperton, her local was an interesting pub, frequented by people who worked in the TV/film industry at Shepperton studios.

Although in the mid 70's, it was reduced in size from its heyday, it still churned out some impressive stuff. 

This lot loved their Arkells, which was on tap, made me smile, not sure if it was an Arkells pub, or just a guest. They were not so much luvvies, but the place still had a great display of film memorabilia round the walls.

It should be noted that the mid 70's, was a time when real ale had shrunk to reletively few breweries of which Arkells was one...and so was viewed as somewhat exotic.

Wasn't Diana Dors was it?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #319 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 10:41:13 »

Indeed, Arkells has long had a strong presence in West - South West London.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 10:43:10 »

Indeed, Arkells has long had a strong presence in West - South West London.

Is Archers still brewing in Swindon....
Peter Venkman

« Reply #321 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 10:58:54 »

Is Archers still brewing in Swindon....
Unfortunately not for a few years now.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/4227348.Time_called_as_Archers_brewery_goes_into_administration/

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Monday, April 25, 2016, 11:49:23 »

Wasn't Diana Dors was it?

Fluck off.  Neither was it ex Park girl Lindy St Clair, who later achieved celebrity as Miss Whiplash, administering discipline to Tory MP's and High Court judges in the basement she rented in the Chancellor of the Exchequer's gaff.

Tory MP's and dominatrix, have always been bedfellows, see John Whittingdale.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 08:57:15 »

Last night, in a pub in Winchester, I tried an IPA called Red Cat C60.. Anyone tried this? 6% with MASSIVE flavour.

First sip was very strong, but really really nice as it goes on.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #324 on: Friday, July 15, 2016, 09:47:03 »

New Bierkeller in Taunton opening in 2 weeks, looks interesting although extremely pricey for what you get, but that seems to be the way with Bierkellers in general.

A stein of Erdinger Dunkel is £9.95 and a 330ml bottle of Houblon Chouffe 9% (one of my fave beers) is £7.50 Shocked

I will visit and see when its open but I won't visit often with those prices.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 20:33:07 »

My 2016 New Years resolution to try as many different beers as possible has been going well. I think this is possibly my new favourite...

Discovered some lovely beers in Norway from Nøgne Ø, Ægir and Haandbryggeriet.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 20:49:42 »

Also, who else uses Untappd?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 21:03:16 »

6x is £1 a bottle in Morrisons. Nice.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 21:49:45 »

Also, who else uses Untappd?
me! Me! Doesn't seem to be too many people around here using it, but some people who have big followings and drink A LOT.

never trust a nun...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, July 29, 2016, 23:16:48 »

New Bierkeller in Taunton opening in 2 weeks, looks interesting although extremely pricey for what you get, but that seems to be the way with Bierkellers in general.

A stein of Erdinger Dunkel is £9.95 and a 330ml bottle of Houblon Chouffe 9% (one of my fave beers) is £7.50 Shocked

I will visit and see when its open but I won't visit often with those prices.
It will be one of those "craft" beer places (aka "Reasonable homebrew at eyewatering prices"), and you won't be allowed in unless you've got a twatty haircut, trousers that don't merit the luxury of actually getting near your ankles and a beard that Edward Lear would double take at. 10 quid for a pint? Fuck off.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: