Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: team for Bradford?  (Read 2424 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 11:03:53 »

4-4-2
Fods;Barthram,Ward,Hall,McEvely;Pritchard,Luongo,Mason,Ajose;N'Guessan,Storey
Subs;Thompsons,Kasim,Byrne,Bedwell,Harley,Branco

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 11:46:41 »

Cooper has a tough call to make...we could do with a point from this one, as Bradford aren't in great form and are a hard to beat sort of outfit, he'll be tempted to go back to park the bus.

The positive approach at Brentford seemingly came about because Power the fans called for it, but we still lost.

Of course if we do go that way and get a 0-0, like at Crawley, then Cooper is vindicated...personally think the wing and a prayer attacking policy is the best, because it will throw up the odd win like at Rotherham, where we were battered for 20 mins, but with a bit of luck came through, and could score goals to take advantage, rather than still sitting back thinking we're on for a point.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 12:11:04 »

I'd always rather we started off a match looking to attack and get at them than park the bus. That comes in the last half hour.

Say we start with a 4-3-2-1 (ish...) line up of (excepting Jmac and Reis because of injury and Ranger cos he's a cock): Fods, Nathan Thompson, Ward, Hall, Barthram; Mason, Luongo, Harley; Pritchard, Ajose;Storey
Subs: Belford, Louis Thompson, Kasim, Branco, Byrne, N'Guessan and someone else (Gladwin perhaps?).

I'd rather have three 'proper' midfielders in the middle, seeing as we have them to spare. Pritch seems more of a tricky winger to me, and as we've got injuries and so on, seems sensible to have him do that instead.

Point is we can bring on Kasim/Louis Thompson and N'Guessan to freshen up our defence in the last half hour/20 mins. We can all tell that's the weakest part of the team at the moment, so I'd rather we went for the jugular and then played more conservatively later on than trying to park the bus for 70 minutes and then having to score in 20.
« Last Edit: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 12:13:21 by Honkytonk » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 12:29:15 »

Anyone who has watched us away will know we cannot defend against a decent team.
We had all the luck v rovrum.  Crawley and col u were just shit.
Much rather we went for it as Bradford not in the best of form but even they know we will struggle against Wells and their front line.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 12:54:41 »

Any ball whipped in quick at the near post fucks us..

Clems Army!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 13:14:58 »

Bradford have just 1 win from their last 13 matches.

If we go there playing for a point then I give up.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, December 28, 2013, 13:20:16 »

says McEveley is fit now,so must start,surely

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 01:52:38 »

Anything but Coopers usual negative bollocks please.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, December 29, 2013, 10:09:33 »

Play McEveley at centre half and drop ward.....can't be any worse than the defence as it is..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: