Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crawley Town v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 19934 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:16:16 »

I can understand the goal being disallowed. Not intentional handball but it definitely kept the ball under control... what is the exact rule anyway?

The sending off was very harsh.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:18:42 »

They just showed the disallowed goal, and the one that hit the post. Seen handball given like that before, seen them not given. It was certainly not intentional though. Its flicked up and hit his hand.

They didn't show the "Nathan Coyne" sending off.

Ajose should have buried the one that hit the post... terrible effort.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Norfolkred

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:26:05 »

I can understand the goal being disallowed. Not intentional handball but it definitely kept the ball under control... what is the exact rule anyway?

The sending off was very harsh.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

The rule is simply that the ball is handled deliberately. There would be 90% less handball free-kicks if the refs followed the rule!
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:27:52 »

Just listened to Cooper's post match interview on BBC match report, the quote about the ref having a great game is superb.

Also, he was asked:

'Are you happy that there wasn't a great deal of goal mouth action at either end in the first half?' - where do they find these people ffs.  

Byrne red card a joke, the Franchise decision was correct however last night's was laughable.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 19:39:04 »

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct.aspx

The rule is simply that the ball is handled deliberately. There would be 90% less handball free-kicks if the refs followed the rule!
Referees and football commentators (not to mention the vast majority of fans) should do a spot of revision on the rules, especially with regards to handball and yellow card offences.

Yellow card offences:
A player is cautioned and shown the yellow card if he commits any of the following seven offences:

- unsporting behaviour
- dissent by word or action
- persistent infringement of the Laws of the Game
- delaying the restart of play
- failure to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in
- entering or re-entering the field of play without the referee's permission
- deliberately leaving the field of play without the referee's permission

I guess when a player is booked for a "dirty" foul it is officially for unsporting behaviour or persistent infringement. If Byrne's "foul" was considered serious foul play or violent conduct then it should have been a straight red...which it wasn't. So, considering it was only his second foul of the night (I might be bullshitting here...he could have fouled more but I don't recall him persistently fouling) his second yellow (as well as the first) must have been for unsporting behaviour. Unsporting, presumably, in that he won the ball fair and square....
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 20:28:35 by Exiled Bob » Logged
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 20:15:39 »

Like others before, I thought the game was there for the taking.  We failed to get hold of midfield which given the numerical superiority of our 4-6-0  and our "passing game" was strange.

Although DNG often looked as if he might be the one to unlock the Crawley defence, he was in fact quite slow, his dropped shoulder and feints didn't come off and he inadvertently started a number of Crawley counterattacks.  Luongo and (missed chance apart) Ajose, both looked sharp and worked hard all night and Pritch and Mason added a bit of spark late on.  I may be in a minority but I think Crawley contributed to our clean sheet although the endeavour on our part was there.

I awarded the Crawley MOM to the lino running the line on the left hand side as we looked the pitch - a howler because I somehow missed Andy d'Urso's joke decision to send off Yaz (though being 75 yards away rather than 10' is a bit of an excuse)

Shit food, no fans sure but the more traditional Shit ground, no fans also applied.  Looks like Crawley Town had bought a Gazebo multipack from Argos for the roof on the intimidatingly named Check-a-trade stand behind that lino. I would have enjoyed a few decent gusts because the football was in all honesty underwhelming and the coffee indistinguishable from the Gravy. 

Still, a point's a point, so mustn't grumble.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 20:59:18 »

As quoted in The Referees Alphabet by Half Man Half Biscuit!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Wednesday, November 27, 2013, 21:15:29 »

Crawley Town dismiss boss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25127028
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: