Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Cooper admits keeper Foderingham could be on his way  (Read 6391 times)
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:09:04 »

Whatever, you're probably off your jollies on it.

Biggest troll in the business.
And you're basing that on what?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:16:51 »

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:18:08 »

Sam, I would be interested to know where the figure of 500k has come from? I guess this number has caused some of the outrage as I suspect most of our fans seem to think he is probably worth around 5 million quid.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:19:01 »

Our problem will come, when we run out of players to sell.  Not many players in lower leagues get sold for sizeable cash deals these days, so Bormuff know we'll bite their hand off for half a mill. I was surprised Wes didn't go in the summer, because getting hard cash for a keeper is good business...there's plenty around as replacements.  The trick is to make sure you've got a handful of improving players on the books who might attract interest....atm we've prob 3 or 4, so all good.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:22:31 »

Sam, I would be interested to know where the figure of 500k has come from? I guess this number has caused some of the outrage as I suspect most of our fans seem to think he is probably worth around 5 million quid.

£5M? Don't be silly, he's worth 10 times that!!

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:23:47 »

It's not a figure I've just plucked randomly from thin air.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:30:02 »

Whatever, you're probably off your jollies on it.

Biggest troll in the business.

Very harsh.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:39:51 »

Very harsh.

But fair.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:42:12 »

It's not a figure I've just plucked randomly from thin air.

No problem with the article at all. I know every player has his price, especially when we don't have a rich benefactor. Is there a reason why £500k is being talked about as big money (and it almost sounds like we need it) when we only signed Mass for just under this figure a couple of months ago?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:47:28 »

we only signed Mass for just under this figure a couple of months ago?
Allegedly. The quoted headline figure and how much actual money changes hands at the time of the transfer can be, and usually are, two very different things. Just because we signed Luongo in a deal "worth £400k" doesn't mean we've actually paid anyone £400k. Nor does it mean that £500k wouldn't come in very handy in keeping the ship running now.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:52:04 »

Allegedly. The quoted headline figure and how much actual money changes hands at the time of the transfer can be, and usually are, two very different things. Just because we signed Luongo in a deal "worth £400k" doesn't mean we've actually paid anyone £400k. Nor does it mean that £500k wouldn't come in very handy in keeping the ship running now.

Ahhh so it won't be a deal "worth £500k" then?

I get the exact fee depends on loads of things. Just comparing the two "headline" fees which seem similar to me.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:53:27 »

And you're basing that on what?

He had toothache all night  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:54:25 »

a bid of around £500,000 could secure Foderingham’s services

I don't see how that could be anything other than a disappointing amount.

Are we back in a Ritchie situation, got to sell to survive (given the Adidas rumours, etc) ? If we have to, then we have to. But lets not pretend its anything other than a bit crap.

Lots of ifs there.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 12:57:56 »

No problem with the article at all. I know every player has his price, especially when we don't have a rich benefactor. Is there a reason why £500k is being talked about as big money (and it almost sounds like we need it) when we only signed Mass for just under this figure a couple of months ago?

I'd imagine, it's quite simply a case of needing some cash to pay wages and bills etc.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, November 22, 2013, 13:03:55 »

Yup, agree with all that
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: