Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Steve Murrell goes  (Read 13112 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #30 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 07:44:47 »

Did any of the rumours flying about turn out to be true?

I did hear from a somebody I trust that Murrell punching somebody was true, I can't think of anything else.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 08:40:20 »

We played a friendly against Tottenham. Can't think of too many others.
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 08:45:21 »

We played a friendly against Tottenham. Can't think of too many others.

Yeah.

But I mean 'The board are evil money stripping thieving chancers' type rumours that were flying about. Not just the Chang 'ITK' ones.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 08:53:07 »

Yeah.

But I mean 'The board are evil money stripping thieving chancers' type rumours that were flying about. Not just the Chang 'ITK' ones.
I heard he's gone because Jed isn't asset stripping fast enough . . . he just could not wait!!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 08:53:33 »

Yeah.

I suspected that maybe what you were getting at Flash. That honestly is all I can think of though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 09:16:31 »

But I mean 'The board are evil money stripping thieving chancers' type rumours that were flying about.
I'm as sceptical of those rumours as you FH (well, perhaps not quite as sceptical) but tbf it's too early to say whether they turned out to be true or not. In the nature of these things, you don't usually find out that they were up to no good until either it's all fallen apart or else they've all quit and a new lot have come in and gone "Oh my Lord, you wouldn't believe what's been going on here". Which doesn't mean the rumours weren't just what they seemed to be - speculative horse-shit based on exactly nothing.
Flashheart

« Reply #36 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 09:45:23 »

I'm as sceptical of those rumours as you FH (well, perhaps not quite as sceptical) but tbf it's too early to say whether they turned out to be true or not. In the nature of these things, you don't usually find out that they were up to no good until either it's all fallen apart or else they've all quit and a new lot have come in and gone "Oh my Lord, you wouldn't believe what's been going on here". Which doesn't mean the rumours weren't just what they seemed to be - speculative horse-shit based on exactly nothing.

I agree Paul, it's possible we could still find they are being very incompetent and/or devious.

I think the asset-stripping rumours took an almighty hit when we signed Luongo though. If they are asset stripping then they really aren't very good at it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 10:08:13 »

The MyWorld system, despite it's initial flaws and ongoing issues, is a fantastic idea and Murrall deserves credit for that

(never edit posts without reading them again and and and)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #38 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 11:19:50 »

Don't ticketmaster power the ticket purchasing and associated loyalty points.

I'd imagine the myworld stuff is more ship purchased and eventual affiliate schemes.

Not that it detracts. Whoever replaced the old online booking system with this one deserves a pat on the back.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 12:12:47 »

I agree Paul, it's possible we could still find they are being very incompetent and/or devious.

I think the asset-stripping rumours took an almighty hit when we signed Luongo though. If they are asset stripping then they really aren't very good at it.

The mantra from a fair few on here at the beginning of the new regime, was the need to be vigilant about the dealings of the new Board....given they came in from left field as unknowns. Since then a lot of names have come and gone, or seemingly in some cases gone before they came.

Lee Power then arrived some time after the initial burst of "investors"...so of the originals of 9/10 months ago we're left with Jed.

Atm things appear on the surface to be stable, but this is STFC.....Murrall going may be benign, but may not...don't think there's anything wrong in asking questions.
kerry red

« Reply #40 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 13:07:58 »

People can ask all the questions they like - they ain't going to be told jack
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #41 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 13:25:02 »

I still see Power as some kind of wannabe Bond villain type (Gert Frobe's Goldfinger, possibly), sitting in his Swiss hideaway stroking his furry white cat, and Murrell was just one of his expendable henchmen.  I see Jed as Herve Villechaiz's Nick Nack from the Man with the Golden Gun, and Sangita Shah as Irma Bunt from On Her Majesty's Secret Service.
DRS

« Reply #42 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 13:50:19 »

The mantra from a fair few on here at the beginning of the new regime, was the need to be vigilant about the dealings of the new Board....given they came in from left field as unknowns. Since then a lot of names have come and gone, or seemingly in some cases gone before they came.

Lee Power then arrived some time after the initial burst of "investors"...so of the originals of 9/10 months ago we're left with Jed.

Atm things appear on the surface to be stable, but this is STFC.....Murrall going may be benign, but may not...don't think there's anything wrong in asking questions.
You make it sound like a few asked questions. That is bollocks,they were crucified and called all sorts
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 14:52:00 »

You make it sound like a few asked questions. That is bollocks,they were crucified and called all sorts
By some. And some, like Reg said, stressed the need to be vigilant etc etc. It's not all black or white.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, November 8, 2013, 15:01:01 »

Well this is a fooball club...not a debating society...it could be that the likes of King, Hall, Hooper, Rice, didn't find the process of heat and kitchen to their liking. Murrall, we don't know, he lasted a bit longer.

« Last Edit: Friday, November 8, 2013, 15:06:45 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: