Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My life is complete  (Read 14020 times)
fatbasher

« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 00:31:02 »

Kudos mate. And wearing glass as well.
Amir

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 16:08:24 »

You're my new hero, Donkey.

I used to daydream to myself about doing that, followed by the crowd giving a rousing rendition of 'sign him up'.  This would generally lead the daydream on to scoring a hat-trick against Oxford in a 4-3 thriller, whereupon the third would cause me to run from the Bank end into the Townend.
SwindonOldie

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 16:38:56 »

I once tapped one in to the Town End goal after running on the pitch to celebrate an Alan Reeves injury time equaliser against Wycombe Nov 2000. Had a bit of a barney with the keeper.  Soapy Tit Wank  Got banned from the ground just before the match against Wrexham on the following Tuesday.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 20:40:22 »

I sit in row J of the DRS and it was a very powerful header! Impressive especially wearing glasses! I once caught a ball on the Stratton Bank over 20 years ago, but my joy was short lived when my friend told me that it didn't count as it was only the warm up!

I once watched Newcastle United in the Gallowgate End when it was still terracing, and my friend lost his shoe when Newcastle scored - it turned up a few minutes later about ten rows down the terrace!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 20:45:32 »

I once lobbed a toilet roll from the town end and hit the ref on the head/shoulder, toilet roll was picked up by ref and walked over to the dug outs. Luckily some plonker ran on the pitch a couple of minutes later and the stewards attention went elsewhere. Versus Blackpool under Kingy if memory serves me right.
Charlie Henry

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 20:52:56 »

This is a great thread! I got my Celery on the pitch at Wembley 1990 (was removed by the lino) can be seen on the TV broadcast!
Mauler

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 21:38:58 »

Bit late to this thread - but can vouch for the fact that for the last 10 years D's been going on about this ambition. Nah never do it I thought, i've been going to matches for 40 years or so and the nearest I've got is a tip over 'the bloke behind me's head'.  Howvever on Sat the ball came, at some pace, perfectly for the return header- I ducked of course, and by the time I'd lookd back up the celebration had well and truly begun.Good to hear that the Arkells saw as well.  Now for another 10 years of ' do you remember'.............?     Clap
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 21:58:52 »

Hey, everytime I head the ball we score 5. Just saying...

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:16:12 »

Hey, everytime I head the ball we score 5. Just saying...

Scoring 5 or 6 against Vale is the norm. But every time you head the ball we concede 2
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:22:47 »

Scoring 5 or 6 against Vale is the norm. But every time you head the ball we concede 2

Foiled!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:30:31 »

Remember back in the day when the team used to kick plastic balls into the crowd before a game ? I always wanted to get one - I was about 15 at the time.

One home game my chance came - Steve White launched one which was bending away to my left so I leapt salmon like up and leftwards towards the ball that was now bending further away.

Sadly I missed it but not the two elderly gentlemen, and we are talking the wrong side of 70 elderly, stood to my left. We all went down like dominoes with me ending up sprawled on the top on them.

I just have this memory of them picking themselves and trying to find their flat caps up and muttering about what a stupid prat I was.

To be fair they were dead right.
Mauler

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:32:56 »

...and every time you head the ball, i'm sitting next to you...............
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:34:35 »

...and every time you head the ball, i'm sitting next to you...............

Cheesy

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Mauler

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, November 5, 2013, 22:37:16 »

...and every time I post here it's been about you heading the ball........... 3 for 3 ................ Anyway, bottom line is we're all jealous.............
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, November 6, 2013, 00:17:17 »

And if anyone thought this thread wasn't momentous enough, the fact that it's flushed Mauler out of 40 years of lurkerdom is proof positive of its status. This header will stand in the pantheon alongside Shaun Taylor's at Wembley as one of the epic moments of STFC folklore. Martin Foyle, Phil Taylor, John Rudge, Robbie Williams, Brian Horton, Billy Paynter, Mickey Adams, Mark Grew, Norman Smurthwaite, your boys took one hell of a beating.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: