Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: David Howell  (Read 14520 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 09:24:33 »

Is he a Town fan?

The answer is used to be, but now ManU.  I guess you were just  Fishing., hooked a few  Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 09:59:38 »

I met his dad at a Swindon game as my dad knows him and were chatting at half time and apparently David had just earned his first million (Was some years ago now)

How does he come to be a Man U fan?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 10:54:45 »

I met his dad at a Swindon game as my dad knows him and were chatting at half time and apparently David had just earned his first million (Was some years ago now)

How does he come to be a Man U fan?

Many apparently normal people move in and out of supporting different clubs...all you need to do is say the words...I support manchester United... it's that easy.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 18:06:38 »

A little birdie told me he is.

Clap Clap

Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 19:07:29 »

Maybe ealge  t'a place in t'Ryder Cup...
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 20:16:12 »

The answer is used to be, but now ManU. 
Sod David Howell then.

I support Tiger Woods
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 20:19:57 »

The answer is used to be, but now ManU. 

To be fair, his coach told him he needed to adopt a more positive outlook and think like a winner. You have to see his point.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 30, 2013, 23:54:52 »

To be fair, his coach told him he needed to adopt a more positive outlook and think like a winner. You have to see his point.

TBF, think it was his sports psychologist....just as well Howell didn't use the same one as Henman, who gave up supporting Oxford for Fulham.

Julian Wilson, who for many years was the ears face of televised horse racing on the Beeb, stopped supporting the Town because he thought the fans were beastly to McMahon. Now this was a man who, when prompted by Des Lynham, was prepared to show the lacerations he'd acquired at the Selhurst 86/87 PO celebrating a Chalkie goal, on Grandstand.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 06:33:15 »

Julian Wilson penned an article in the match programme for the first game I went to (STFC vs Bristol City, Sept 1990).  I still have the programme.  The article was titled 'Would you let your daughter marry a Bristol City fan?'
DMR

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 08:43:55 »

Fair play to Howler for getting back amongst the proper golfers. Pleased for him, although it's a bit of a pity because he's a cracking Sky pundit.

Can't see him being in the Ryder Cup side though.

You'd say McIlroy, Poults, Westwood, Donald, Stenson, Rose, G Mac, Kaymer and probably Sergio are all definitely going to play. That's 9.

I also think they'll be looking to get Colsaerts back in (strikes me as the next Poulter), maybe Manassero as he's solid, and that Austrian lad (Wiseberger?) or even Casey as another bomber.

Throw in the likes of David Lynn (always thereabouts in majors these days), Paul Lawrie, Bjorn keeps winning, Jiminez, Olesen, even Padraig... he's gonna do well to be in the top 12 come 2014.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 11:50:31 »

I'd be surprised if he made the team. Want him to though.

What grates me a bit with golfers at the moment are the British players who don't make time to play over here anymore. They should remember where they are from and support the tournaments in the British isles-Ireland.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:12:48 »

I'd be surprised if he made the team. Want him to though.

What grates me a bit with golfers at the moment are the British players who don't make time to play over here anymore. They should remember where they are from and support the tournaments in the British isles-Ireland.
Personally, if I had a chance to play golf in the warmth and sunshine in the US or in the mostly wet, grey & cold British Isles and Ireland I know what I would do!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:17:26 »

The money available on the US tour is just staggering, no surprise the top Europeans would spend most of there time over there.  Most of them live over there these days as well.

The bigger events, such as the PGA, will always get decent fields but the run of the mill event on the European tour is a whole level below its PGA equivalent.

1 European tour event in England every year is a joke as well.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:17:50 »

David's dad dressed up as the Moonraker at the Play-Off Final Replay v Jills in 1987.  Or some other game at Selhurst.

I remember seeing David at the Play-Off home semi v Brighton.

Presume being a golfer he works at weekends.

Great for him top be back winning.
DMR

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 12:57:46 »

Presume being a golfer he works at weekends.

Only if you play well!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: