Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Matt Richie  (Read 11045 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 01:12:10 »

Matt would be a fantastic addition to this squad, he'd have no problem fitting in with the style of play and he'd be firing quality balls into the box for Ranger deal with. 

With Ritchie in our side last Saturday we'd have butchered Wolves, mostly because you could always rely on him to bag a goal when others were being a little wasteful.

If there is any chance he might be available we should do whatever we can to get him, that would mean Storey going out on loan I would imagine, also something we should look to be doing I think.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 06:29:56 »

Matt Ritchie would walk straight into the squad, but wouldn't be guaranteed a starting spot every game, in my opinion.

He's the only player from last years squad, for me.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 06:46:33 »

Ritchie would be our first choice winger... better than anything we currently have by some distance, although Pritchard will get there. I'd still rather have Flint too, far stronger in the air than Hall, and I think could have adapted to the passing, and he did try at times anyway.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 07:05:33 »

Not sure about Flint passing it as he took a good few minutes to ever get the ball under control!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 08:23:17 »

Ritchie is injured - so would only hobble into the side!

Doubt whether he'd come back. He's in Championship now.

Doubt whether we would be prepared to match his wages if he was on the same structure as the rest of last years squad seem to have been.

Finally, and most importantly - Never look back, always forward!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 08:40:29 »

I would have Matt back in a flash but, his play would need to adapt.

The current squad bears no resemblence to that which he thrived under. For me, his best period with us was when he had the overlapping interplay with Caddis.

Last season, before he was got rid of, there were times when he looked quite frustrated as Joe Devera didn't have the same understanding and play the same game as Caddis.

As I said though, I would have him back in a flash.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #36 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 09:58:38 »

The thought of Ritchie in the midfield with Mason and Luongo makes me fucking moist. He would stroll into this team, and improve it immeasurably.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 10:04:25 »

Ritchie is injured - so would only hobble into the side!

Doubt whether he'd come back. He's in Championship now.

Doubt whether we would be prepared to match his wages if he was on the same structure as the rest of last years squad seem to have been.

Finally, and most importantly - Never look back, always forward!

Here we are, a 'never look back'er! I do understand the sentiment Nmh, but personally I'd disagree in this instance.

Injury: There are rumours doing the rounds about him either being told 'take your time to recover mate, you ain't getting in the side for the forseeable future', or that he's (CONSPIRACY!) not even injured and has fallen out with the team/manager. This seems believable to me, what with the circumstances around his move.

Championship->Lower Tier: Loads of people have made that move before to get more game time, especially on loan. Everyone talks about how L1 is more difficult this year than last year, and whilst I'm not arguing it's nearly as hard as the top of the Championship (where you have millions and squillions of quid being spent), a middling to lower champo team would probably not look out of place in L1 right now.

Wages: If we sign him on a perm that could be a problem, but let's also look at the possibility he's unhappy and doesn't fit in at 'muff. People have taken wage cuts before because they A. want to play and B. are unhappy where they are. Look at Beauchump (using him to describe a point with Ritchie makes me feel a little ill).

Why shouldn't we look back if it gets us a better player? Byrne's alright, but he's no Ritchie...

The current squad bears no resemblence to that which he thrived under. For me, his best period with us was when he had the overlapping interplay with Caddis.

The triangle between him, Ferry and Caddis was a beautiful thing to behold. I do think, however, that he'd fit nicely into the team now. Wes, Ward, Jmac, Storey and the Thompson twins are still rattling about, so there is still a sense of continuity in the side, and our style of play now would definitely suit someone tricky, quick, and with a killer left foot.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 11:26:34 »

Here we are, a 'never look back'er! I do understand the sentiment Nmh, but personally I'd disagree in this instance.

Injury: There are rumours doing the rounds about him either being told 'take your time to recover mate, you ain't getting in the side for the forseeable future', or that he's (CONSPIRACY!) not even injured and has fallen out with the team/manager. This seems believable to me, what with the circumstances around his move.

Championship->Lower Tier: Loads of people have made that move before to get more game time, especially on loan. Everyone talks about how L1 is more difficult this year than last year, and whilst I'm not arguing it's nearly as hard as the top of the Championship (where you have millions and squillions of quid being spent), a middling to lower champo team would probably not look out of place in L1 right now.

Wages: If we sign him on a perm that could be a problem, but let's also look at the possibility he's unhappy and doesn't fit in at 'muff. People have taken wage cuts before because they A. want to play and B. are unhappy where they are. Look at Beauchump (using him to describe a point with Ritchie makes me feel a little ill).

Why shouldn't we look back if it gets us a better player? Byrne's alright, but he's no Ritchie...

The triangle between him, Ferry and Caddis was a beautiful thing to behold. I do think, however, that he'd fit nicely into the team now. Wes, Ward, Jmac, Storey and the Thompson twins are still rattling about, so there is still a sense of continuity in the side, and our style of play now would definitely suit someone tricky, quick, and with a killer left foot.
Nice post - Don't disagree with any of it.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Empathy Sloth

« Reply #39 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:25:17 »

I would have Caddis, Ritchie, Hollands, Bostock and A Rooney in this squad. The only starters would be Caddis and Ritchie.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:32:45 »

Would you start Caddis over Thompson then? He wouldn't get a look in otherwise.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, September 20, 2013, 17:37:05 »

I'd definitely have Collins and Andy Williams 2012 up top...
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 08:37:23 »

I'd have caddis, ritchie, ferry, flint, devera collins and Williams in todays squad of the players who left.

Ritchie absolutely nailed on to play left wing (ajose or byrne instead, really??) flint or devera in place of hall whos still a bit naive for my taste. Possibly caddis for N Thompson but nathans tackling is a wonderful thing to behold.

The rest of them on the bench.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 08:44:47 »

I'm getting my first look at Kasim today, and I don't doubt the reports that have been coming through about his distribution.  But I'm still surprised at the ease with which some are keen to play down Simon Ferry's contribution during recent seasons.  He was fairly consistent and, on his day, ran the midfield as competently as anyone I'd seen since John Moncur.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 08:52:39 »

I'm getting my first look at Kasim today

Plastic  Wink

Kasim is IMHO at least twice as good as Ferry
Always has time on the ball and his passing is usually clinical
Add in his tenacious defending = legend in the making
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: